There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Pass Rush will be even more dangerous next year

So I've been watching extensive highlights from each game over here the past few days :http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL74808943161E92E6&feature=viewall

And what I noticed is just how f**king brutal our pass rush is to opponent QBs. The way our guys, mainly the two Smiths, brought Quarterbacks to the ground, would me cringe and smile with satisfaction. If anyone remembers from last season, there was a stretch of games where the pass rush was very weak, almost similar to years past. We weren't piling up sacks and the quarterbacks were also getting adequate time to throw the ball. However, as an overall season, the pass rush was exceptional, considering how much time Fangio had to establish the defense and how little we blitzed.

But if you look at highlights from the Saints and Giants playoffs games, you will see how the elaborate stunts and blitz schemes designed by Fangio were SO effective. Aldon Smith coming through the middle on a stunt is a TERROR for any offense. Aldon has to improve this season; he's still so young and his expanded role in the defense as a starter will surely increase his already huge impact.

This pass rush will be the absolute BEST in the NFL in 2012. I can already feel it; some thought this defense is bound for a off or down year next year, but I believe that with the growth of this pass rush...Brooks, Aldon, Justin Smith, McDonald, Bowman, Willis....the teams on our schedule and the ones we play in January will be terrified.

And with an improved pass rush, our secondary will have even more opportunities for interceptions and big plays.

Can't wait..
let's hope aldon doesn't get suspended.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

I doubt he gets suspended as a result of this particular incident. Having parties isn't against the rules, getting stabbed is obviously not. The only debatable thing is a possible lack of good judgement, and when you combine that with the dui, maybe he gets something. Who knows.

Injuries are the only thing that could prevent our pass rush from being better than last year.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jul 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM ]
Ojala
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pelos21:
Ojala

• cciowa
  • Veteran

if he does, it deserves him right
hell yeah

Aldon got stabbed like 9 times yo
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Ojala

By training camp Aldon Smith's episode will be in the rear view mirror. Let's hope he gets the message and stays cool. In the playoffs against top offensive lines the pass rush got better each quarter. Against the Giants in the Championship game Manning was taking punishment and if the defense had one or two more series they would've forced a turnover. One thing about the pass rush, it comes from everyone. With some new blitz packages watch out.
Our d will be better but not statistically bc we play the top 5 qbs so although our pass rush and d will be better, it may not show up that way.

We forced 31 fumbles and only recovered 15!!!!!!!! I think our fumbles recovered will go up and ints a bit down, so all of you thinking that we can't or won't duplicate the turnovers last year may be wrong, we may have about the same or more.
Should be better. Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks should both be better next year than they were last year with a year of experience under their belts and we are deeper at corner this year
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jul 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM ]
we will have a fierce pass rush if justin smith does at least 3/4s of what he did last season, aldon does what he did on all downs, brooks learns the system better, raymac stays healthy, soap does the same thing he did last season, and pwilly&bo stay the same badass ILBs they have been
Originally posted by cciowa:

if he does, it deserves him right

don't think that's a real saying
Originally posted by ads_2006:
hell yeah

Aldon got stabbed like 9 times yo

When Aldon smith gets stabbed, the knife bleeds.
So true. With Aldon starting this year over Justin, teams will be forced to keep in extra blockers and swing linemen to that side (sound familiar Niner fans?) - this bodes VERY well for an already strong secondary. And THAT will also finally take away the double-teams from Brooks. Brooks/J.Smith were doubled all last year and had huge years anyhow. If McDonald stays healthy, Brooks and McDonald could have MONSTER years and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sopoaga one-gap penetrate more inside given all the attention the Smith's may get. We did a tremendous job collapsing the pocket from the outside but we need that NT to blow up the QB's step-up area too. When a QB can't step up, THAT'S when big plays happen (strips, big hits, INT's, knock-down passes, etc.). We already know Bowman is a pretty natural pass rusher and even Willis was great at penetrating and disrupting the QB on inside blitzes.

But really, this year will come down to health, backups such as Cam, Grant, etc. and equally important, scheme by Fangio. Now with a full offseason to install additional levels of pressure and coverage schemes, will Fangio take that next step (this has been in-question throughout his career)?

Either way, Fangio has ALL the talent to lead one of the best defenses ever and they have a VERY sour taste left over from last season. Guys like Justin Smith, Brooks, Willis and many others were already working out two days after the NFCCG. They want this...don't underestimate heart!

BTW: Thanks for the video highlights!
[ Edited by NCommand on Jul 2, 2012 at 10:15 AM ]