LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

So now that we have Moss, can we make defenses pay for going offsides PLEASE!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i'm watching the packers vs lions replay on the nfl network right now and the packers just made the lions pay for going offsides. matt flynn said that when ever defenses go offsides their recievers all change their routes and run streaks.....to which flynn threw it up to jordy nelson for a 45 yard td. im sure there are other teams in the league that do this, but i hope we leave our comfort zone and take full advantage of oppertunities like these. i don't remember how many times i've screamed "offsides!!! throw it deeeep!" only to have the play not go deep. :/ .
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 1, 2012 at 10:48 AM ]
I remember at least 4 or 5 times where we did go deep on an offsides play. One time was to crabtree along the right sideline, it was picked off by the defense but it was a great chance to take. Don't remember who we were playing.

But yeah, I agree. I hope we do the same thing, because the risk is worth the reward.
[ Edited by Method on Jul 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex would rather check it down.
yeah and it would keep defenses honest from constently trying to pressure us.
Only if we put a real QB in like JTO, Hill, Nate Davis, Carr, or CK.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jul 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
those studs mean nothing if you do not have quality wide outs like the awesome josh morgan, T.O and jason hill to throw to
Originally posted by cciowa:
those studs mean nothing if you do not have quality wide outs like the awesome josh morgan, T.O and jason hill to throw to

Damn -- why do people always leave out one of our best qb prospect -- Troy Smith. The dude can throw it up there with the very best, yet no one ever mentioned him when talking about all the qb that came through here. No respect.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Damn -- why do people always leave out one of our best qb prospect -- Troy Smith. The dude can throw it up there with the very best, yet no one ever mentioned him when talking about all the qb that came through here. No respect.

sorry. forgot about him. he is available along with most of the other x niner trash we got rid of . you just have to comb the arena league and cfl to find them or go on doctor phil
In all seriousness, I think there is some major merit to this idea and I really do hope that Harbaugh implements a WR 9 routes when it's obvious they got the defense offsides.

It's kind of the antithesis of Alex Smith though, 'just throw it up there' isn't exactly his forte.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Jul 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM ]

Originally posted by Method:
I remember at least 4 or 5 times where we did go deep on an offsides play. One time was to crabtree along the right sideline, it was picked off by the defense but it was a great chance to take. Don't remember who we were playing.

But yeah, I agree. I hope we do the same thing, because the risk is worth the reward.

There is zero risk, it's a free play lol
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
In all seriousness, I think there is some major merit to this idea and I really do hope that Harbaugh implements a WR 9 routes when it's obvious they got the defense offsides.

It's kind of the antithesis of Alex Smith though, 'just throw it up there' isn't exactly his forte.

This
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
Originally posted by Method:

There is zero risk, it's a free play lol

For most people, might be too risky for Smith tho
Smith is good at the hard count. We get a lot of Neutral Zone infractions against the D.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I sure hope so...Randy slant right, Randy slant left, Vernon Deep, Mario Deep, Crabby Patty Deep, Joe Staley Deep, Ice Deep, etc, etc. Touchdowns!!!
Share 49ersWebzone