There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Similarities of A.J. Jenkins to Mike Wallace

I dunno. Hard to see the similarities.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jun 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
No way
Wallace is much faster both are quick and have good hands but Wallace is much much faster I would compare him to maclin

Except bigger upside

Good analysis, Wallace has top level speed. If the offense evolves A.J. could be the focal point in year two. When he's in, there should be one on one coverage so I'm looking for some deep balls going his way in year one.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Post season remark about Wallace's season--WR Mike Wallace was good first half, but not in the second half (Antonio Brown came on so strong his teammates voted him MVP).

Not saying this is accurate but found it interesting. Will Jenkins be as good as Wallace? Hope Moss is better!

Big Ben got hurt in the 2nd half and didn't have the mobility he normally has. That dips into Wallace's production because he's a home run hitter. He really needs Ben to extend some plays to maximize his potential. It's not like he's Moss and can outgrab 2 defenders.

One of the big reasons why I didn't want him.

Wouldn't Big Ben's injury have affected Antonio Brown's numbers as well? His numbers were consistent and he had more receiving yardage in December than any other month...which is probably why his teammates voted him an honor over Wallace. The two WRs had very similar numbers but Wallace had most of his yards the first two months of the season and then tapered off, versus Brown getting stronger at the end of the season.

Could be Wallace being doubled more and Brown taking advantage of that fact. I actually wanted Wallace but am happy with what the niners have done.
Read this morning that we have just over 4 mil in cap space. I think we used that money in the best ways possible.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/6/23/3113321/49ers-current-salary-cap-space ;

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Read this morning that we have just over 4 mil in cap space. I think we used that money in the best ways possible.

Wait... does this include Goldson's franchise tag. Where's AB...?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Wait... does this include Goldson's franchise tag. Where's AB...?

I feel pretty sure that they are including the 6+ million tag that Goldson would presumably sign.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Wouldn't Big Ben's injury have affected Antonio Brown's numbers as well? His numbers were consistent and he had more receiving yardage in December than any other month...which is probably why his teammates voted him an honor over Wallace. The two WRs had very similar numbers but Wallace had most of his yards the first two months of the season and then tapered off, versus Brown getting stronger at the end of the season.

Could be Wallace being doubled more and Brown taking advantage of that fact. I actually wanted Wallace but am happy with what the niners have done.

Mike Wallace is their big play receiver though. In 2009 he averaged 19.4 a catch, 2010 he averaged 21.0 a catch and last year he averaged 16.6 with 1 40 yard play after week 8. He had 6 40 plays in weeks 1-7.

Big Ben's ability to extend plays is big factor in Mike Wallace getting open deep and without those long routes he's not as effective of a receiver. I'd argue that Big Ben was looking for Brown more because Brown has the ability to get open quicker than Wallace does. If I had to put up a comparision it's Maclin and Desean Jackson.

One of the reasons why I didn't want Wallace was because I think he's better suited to play with Big Ben than Alex and I don't think he would be as effective here. This is nothing against Alex. Big Ben is a unique qb that has the highest YPC in league history. His game is extending plays and looking deep. Alex has that ability to a lesser extent and Wallace would definetily have an impact but not enough to justify elite money.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 24, 2012 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

I dunno. Hard to see the similarities.