How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NCommand:

...like I was saying all week.

Youre so smart NC.. Wish you were my dad

Bwahaha. I'd ground your ass so fast! j/k
Ahmad is so underappreciated. The only thing that pisses me off is his tendencies to get offside or neutral side infraction penalties.

...like I was saying all week.

Youre so smart NC.. Wish you were my dad

Bwahaha. I'd ground your ass so fast! j/k

Lol. Youd probably look at me in my eyes every time we talked to see if i was high or not
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
How long has Brooks been on the team? Seems like a million years.
If Eli Harold beats out Ahmad Brooks it's not because Harold is playing well it will be because Brooks finally slowed down. I'm hoping Brooks has enough in the tank to play at a high level for a year or two until we draft a Sam.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
If Eli Harold beats out Ahmad Brooks it's not because Harold is playing well it will be because Brooks finally slowed down. I'm hoping Brooks has enough in the tank to play at a high level for a year or two until we draft a Sam.

I think it is contract related because Brooks has an uncanny ability to close in strong on any ball carrier.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 21, 2017 at 7:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by PacTiger:

I think it is contract related because Brooks has an uncanny ability to close in strong on any ball carrier.

Do we have another legitimate Sam other than Brooks and Harold?
The guy HAS been around for a minute....i know he always f**ks up drew brees everytime we play the Saints so I guess that's good.
In this defense, the SAM has to rush up to 70% of the time in nickel...off the edge from both sides of the field. Right now, Brooks may just be a base down SAM giving way to Watson, Harold and Pita T. the other 70%.

If the team feels Harold can now set the edge, occasionally drop back in coverage AND rush more effectively than Brooks, there is no need to keep Brooks.

He's a perfect trade candidate.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
best OLB on this team. Coaches are just trying to light a fire under his ass by making him think Harold has a shot.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
best OLB on this team. Coaches are just trying to light a fire under his ass by making him think Harold has a shot.

I hope that's the case , seeing Ahmad out there as an edge rusher in the 3rd quarter wasn't a good sign , I'm getting a feeling the coaching staff is setting it up to release him , I have said before, I am not an Eli Harold fan, he hasn't made an impact when needed, but his youth, and what upside he has left (and his contract) gives him the upper hand , but if the coaching staff feels Brooks has another year left in him , Harold will be the backup this year, but IMO things aren't looking good for Ahmad
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Aug 21, 2017 at 7:58 AM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

I know you're being silly a bit but they have taken similar tactics from the get-go so this very well may be true. It also gives a guy at the back end like Pita T. hope that he really does has a chance here. It makes everyone from Brooks to Pita T. focused.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 21, 2017 at 8:00 AM ]
Nice just said it better.

We're trying to figure out who can be our best Sam linebacker in base personnel and then which one of these guys is the best at putting his hand in the dirt and rushing the quarterback when we get to third down. Eli does both of them. Ahmad does both of them. Guys like [LB] Dekoda [Watson] can do it too.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If they cut muy dude Brooks this regime is dumber than I thought.
Share 49ersWebzone