LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 177 users in the forums

If we lose Goldson..I wont shed a tear

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is anyone else annoyed by his little holdout? The guy wants to be PAID. I don't think he deserves a ludacris contract. The guy plays like a strong safety, and had a couple of lucky INTS (most were deflected if i remember correctly) and he occasionally lays down the big hit. Big deal.

Interesting article on PFF.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/02/playing-tag-dashon-goldson/

I think we have decent depth incase he doesnt sign. I think our front office also know that he's not a big factor of our elite defense. He doesnt quite fit onto our "blue collar" theme. Seems like a trouble maker to me.

Question is, who is the best player to replace him? I'm not comfortable with playing a rookie in a FS. Maybe culliver moves over? Thoughts?
[ Edited by denali22 on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:50 PM ]
We don't have proven depth behind him but he's not going to hold out.
If he does sign, I'm sure he wont be resigned after this year.
He picked a 49er-friendly agent for the primary purpose of signing a long-term deal with the team.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Don't really have anyone to replace him, but I don't think he'll hold out once the season starts and he can't go elsewhere with the tag. It's just a waiting game.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
That's a great article on Goldson. I think we have him play out his franchise year, then we give him the ol' Baalke special. Decide on a number and don't deviate. He leaves in FA and we either get a replacement (since now people actually want to come here) or one of the young guys steps up. Win-win.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure no one would literally cry if we lost Goldson
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 17, 2012 at 4:13 PM ]
Question for everyone....if we lost denali as a thread starter, would u shed a tear?

If u had to choose.......denali's posting or Dashon playing safety for us....which would it be?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Question for everyone....if we lost denali as a thread starter, would u shed a tear?

If u had to choose.......denali's posting or Dashon playing safety for us....which would it be?

Denali posting.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Great! Another Smith vs. Willis type of decision......

Do i think Goldson deserves to be paid like a top safety? No. Do I think we should panic and suggest moving people around before the new season has even begun? No.
Let's replace him with Mark Roman.
No one curr.

he tried to test the market bfore,and nobody wanted him.he fired Rosenhous, and he still aint gettin what he wants.get over it duke.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Mark Roman at FS and Maduae Williams at SS, FTW!!!

Willis and Smith who?
Share 49ersWebzone