Caption this:

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Aaron: SF could have drafted me.

Joe: [sigh] I know, man. I know.

.... bleh... Aaron might have become the next Ryan Leaf if thrown into the fire with the crap team we used to be.

yah keep believing that.

Took 7 years, but Alex won a playoff game, it would have took just as long with aaron with the same coachs... COACHING MATTERS! Nolan+Sing +God = Jim H.

Rodgers would have been destroyed early on with having pass pro from Kwame Harris at RT and Adam Snyder at LT.
Rodgers lucked out by being picked in GB. Great QB developer in the HC and a seat behind a future Hall of Fame QB. Perfect situation for a young guy and if their places had been reversed...Smith might be the darling of the media and Rodgers would be a "Coach killer."
Yeah, just thinking about this.. (and so sorry to "derail" another in-depth thread for a moment) .. but I think Rodgers' disposition would have been a fail for the Niners. He seems far more hot-tempered than Smith. So I think Aaron would have at some point "gone off" on Nolan or his OL/WRs... and the whole situation would have deteriorated badly. Aaron isn't the type of guy you toss onto a profoundly crappy team and expect good results. Just would have been ugly.

Just being honestly speculative, people... I know you get all up in arms about your precious Aaron Rodgers (as if u were GB fans instead)...

Rodgers is a very good QB today... and a very lucky QB in 2005.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Rodgers lucked out by being picked in GB. Great QB developer in the HC and a seat behind a future Hall of Fame QB. Perfect situation for a young guy and if their places had been reversed...Smith might be the darling of the media and Rodgers would be a "Coach killer."

Didn't we have that same coach in 2005? How did that work out? I know, nothing is ever Smith's fault. Mccarthy obviously just sucked with us and only decided to call good plays when he got to GB.
Joe : Hey Aaron get me some water
Originally posted by 90QBRFTW:

Didn't we have that same coach in 2005? How did that work out? I know, nothing is ever Smith's fault. Mccarthy obviously just sucked with us and only decided to call good plays when he got to GB.

Yes and he was working with a young 20 year old QB with two years of college experience. McCarthy is well thought of as a QB guru but you need time to develop raw material. Then they switched systems the next year and then again the next year and then there were two years of injury but then the last two years have looked better. Yay!

Totally agree.Rodgers went to the right situation.roles reversed,Rodgers would just now start to flourish.

I do feel there have been too many excuses made for Alex doe.

Uh oh, a thread jackin is happenin!!
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 16, 2012 at 6:45 PM ]
The real story -

Montana, Young, Plunkett, Brady and Rodgers took part Friday in an event spearheaded by former 49ers All-Pro lineman Harris Barton that was expected to net up to $750,000 for First Tee of San Francisco, Monterey County and Silicon Valley, as well as Champion Charities, a non-profit organization that Barton and Ronnie Lott founded.

Barton and Ronnie got this going.

The whole bunch have tons of class. I'm thinking they were watching some struggling kid try their hardest.

Personally, have respect for Joe, Steve, Harris, Ronnie, Brady, Aaron and anyone else involved.

Originally posted by 90QBRFTW:

The keyword: rookie. McCarthy did not start Rodgers when he became head coach of the Packers. Rodgers sat on the bench for several years.
I cant believe that some people are still saying that Alex would be as good as Rodgers is if the roles were reversed...

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I cant believe that some people are still saying that Alex would be as good as Rodgers is if the roles were reversed...

I can't believe people say otherwise because no one knows. We didn't draft that Jake Gyllenhall brokeback mountain looking doofus with his goofy ass WWE td celebration, so get the f**k over it guys.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I can't believe people say otherwise because no one knows. We didn't draft that Jake Gyllenhall brokeback mountain looking doofus with his goofy ass WWE td celebration, so get the f**k over it guys.

I can't believe it's not butter.

.... bleh... Aaron might have become the next Ryan Leaf if thrown into the fire with the crap team we used to be.

Give it a rest already. Nobody knows how Rodgers would have done. What we do knowis he currently possesses all the intangibles that make a top QB. Would those not exist if he was "thrown into the fire" here? Not likely.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jun 17, 2012 at 8:23 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Give it a rest already. Nobody knows how Rodgers would have done. What we do knowis he currently possesses all the intangibles that make a top QB. Would those not exist if he was "thrown into the fire" here? Not likely.

The word "might" seems to indicate "Nobody knows" so your criticism seems unnecessary.

I can't believe it's not butter.
Share 49ersWebzone