There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bucky Brooks sees big things for 49ers offense

Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by genus49:
I'd be encouraged if Bucky Brooks wasn't the same guy trying to make an article claiming that Willis and Brian Cushing are close in their abilities at ILB.

F*@%ing this!

isn't cushing a OLB
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Originally posted by genus49:
I'd be encouraged if Bucky Brooks wasn't the same guy trying to make an article claiming that Willis and Brian Cushing are close in their abilities at ILB.

F*@%ing this!

isn't cushing a OLB

he wrote that article.
I just came.
We have a ton of depth at the skill positions this year. Harbaugh and Roman should be able to come up with a lot of different combinations to keep defenses guessing. Alex is gonna have a big year.
That Willis, Cushing article wasn't nearly about him saying Cushing was as good. Heck, he gave Willis tops in all categories but like one. I think in the end he was just looking for something to write about and right now there really is no other LBer in the game that compare to Willis, Speed, Abilities and so forth.
Originally posted by brhokla:
That Willis, Cushing article wasn't nearly about him saying Cushing was as good. Heck, he gave Willis tops in all categories but like one. I think in the end he was just looking for something to write about and right now there really is no other LBer in the game that compare to Willis, Speed, Abilities and so forth.

actually yeh there is. Jon Beason, Navorro, David Harris, if he wanted to just talk about some LBs

To late I already lost respect for him after that article. From here on out his opinion means nothing, also having a name like Bucky decreases his creditability.
I enjoyed reading the article and I'm glad someone outside of the organization feels that way. But it's only practice. I believe the offense will be better and I only hope it will be exsplosive.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Lot of positive feedback coming from outside of camp about alex smith. No wonder he is getting cocky. He's actually improving his game.

Good stuff to hear! Can't wait for training camp.

I believe the words "they're closer than you may think" were used in that article.

Comparing Willis who has been all pro level at the position since entering the league to Cushing who had one good year was dumb. Hell the only category he gave Cushing the edge in was pass rush and that's only because Cushing used to be an OLB and is used a lot more as a blitzer by Wade Phillips than Fangio used Willis last year.

Simply put there isn't a single thing Cushing does better than Willis, outside of shooting himself up with roids.

He could've had a better comparison with Cushing and the other guys ruthles49er mentioned.
Moss looks sexy in a 49er uni
Let's hope he's right.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Sounds like he's apologizing to Niner fans for his previous insane article
Originally posted by oldman9er:
It's encouraging. I don't tend to care much for any of the talking heads, but there sure have been lots of positives so far to leave me feeling like we will have a better offense.

Some folks may wish to protect their delicate feelings by staying skeptical of everything. That's fine.. not me. I'm all in and know I can deal with whatever potential disappointments may come... if they come.

Go Niners !!!! I see a couple of SB rings for the Niners in the next 5 years!

Wow, this this this this this. This is the most like minded post Ive ever seen. I'm pretty much done with posting forever because I finally found someone who isnt ashamed to openly think we're the sh*t!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home