LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

I'm shocked about Frank

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BigTrez:
This is coming off what we as niner fans considered a down year for frank.

"WE"who as 9ers fans???speak for yourself dude.there are plenty of fans who dont think that way,myself being one.

His performance in the playoffs(when he got the ball) by itself is a sign that it wasnt a down year.
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:50 AM ]
I'm shocked so many people keep saying Gore is overrated on the list! 1200 yards, 8 rushing TD's 11 runs over 20 yards ( most in the league) and not one single person in this thread gave props to him as being the best blocking back in the game, which he is. Gore is a beast and deserved to be ranked exactly where he is. He was WAY too low last year.
Technically this ranking is about what he will do this year.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Being 13-3 while having one of the poorer passing offenses, it is no surprise frank is #28. We should have used him more in the NFCC IMO..he brought his game in the playoffs, and I loveddd it

Not to pick at old scars, but that's the thing I still don't get. Why did we demolish them with the run game in the first half, then turn an about face and try to be the Saints in the second half? Full on coaching disaster, if you ask me. Lesson learned, I hope.

Point being, Mr. Gore is not to be trifled with.

Sure he's in the final phase of his career, and sure it's okay to aggressively work up options for the next guy that'll play his position--I wasn't about to write "replacement." But the fact of the matter is this: Frank Gore is one of the ten best running backs on earth, likely top five because he's a mean SOB that really wants a ring. He'll be be a man possessed next year, even by Frank Gore standards.
Now if only next year Alex is voted into the top 100 that means we won the Super Bowl or came damn close again..
Im not, Franky G is the man. Like i have said for years, if our Oline can open more holes and be more consistent, Franky G will bring home a rushing title.

Most 100 yard games since 2005 vs 8-9 man in the box every year, That passing game finally opens up and Franks gonna have his best year yet.
this whole list was lost on me when john kuhn, green bay fullback, came in at 92
Does frank gore really have the most 100 yard rushing games since 2005 facing 8-9 in the box?

Also, did frank really have the most runs of 20+ yards with only 11?
Originally posted by elguapo:
Does frank gore really have the most 100 yard rushing games since 2005 facing 8-9 in the box?

Also, did frank really have the most runs of 20+ yards with only 11?

Frank Gore does indeed have more 100 yard games since 2005 than any other rusher.

Frank Gore did not have the most runs of 20+ yards last year. McCoy had 14 and Forte had 12. Frank Gore came in 3rd with 11. However if you count his 42 yard run against the Saints in the playoffs he was tied with Forte for 2nd most with 12. Still very good for a runner who gets most of his yards between the tackles.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM ]
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
"WE"who as 9ers fans???speak for yourself dude.there are plenty of fans who dont think that way,myself being one.

His performance in the playoffs(when he got the ball) by itself is a sign that it wasnt a down year.

Frank couldn't even play through the whole game, and the previous season was cut short with a broken hip, so I think it's reasonable to say that he's declining.

Frank deserves the rank he received on the top 100 list. He doesn't have the break away speed he had in years past but he is tough as nails, and one of the best pass blocking backs in the league. I think he still has plenty left in the tank. Hunter, James and Jacobs will have thier work cut out for them if they expect to take playing time Frank. Dixon may be the odd man out........
The fact that Frank faced STACKED boxes all season long and still had the year he did is incredible. Imagine if Frank had the luxury of having an actual passing attack that allowed him to really abuse a defense. His statistics are actually mindblowing considering how every defense we faced was focused primarily on stopping him.
Frank has done a great job over the years, and its going to be really nice to see him in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by hofer36:
this whole list was lost on me when john kuhn, green bay fullback, came in at 92
The list was created by NFL Network to give them something to talk and argue about in the offseason. It's voted on by the players so there will always be inconsistency with the results just like the pro bowl.
The biggest joke ever was Welker at 23...
Share 49ersWebzone