There are 327 users in the forums

I'm shocked about Frank

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have to admit I'm shocked about frank being ranked number 28 on the top 100 list. This is coming off what we as niner fans considered a down year for frank. You guys think this number is based on franks past production and respect already earned, or do the players still fear and think frank was good as ever last year?
Frank had a great year and deserved the recognition
yeah we should cut him. back field is too crowded as it is.

I don't think it was a down year per say. He had a good year, he was the offense for us, then it was Vernon in the playoffs, this year it has to be a combined offense, Moss, Manningham, Crabs, Jenkins, Vernon, Delanie, James, Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Miller and Ginn on gadget plays.

And Gore is up next on NFL Network.
maybe it was based off the first half of the season
A big part of it is the respect that Frank has built up over the years.

We fans perceive 2011 to be a down year for Frank, and it was, but every defense we played against had one goal in mind: Stop Frank Gore.

The big plays to VD are nice, but this offense has always been at its best when Frank is rollin'.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 13, 2012 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by BigTrez:
I have to admit I'm shocked about frank being ranked number 28 on the top 100 list. This is coming off what we as niner fans considered a down year for frank. You guys think this number is based on franks past production and respect already earned, or do the players still fear and think frank was good as ever last year?

What about last year was a down year? Frank has his second highest rushing total last year, brah.
The respect comes from the constant 9-10 men box that he has to run against and still getting those yards.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
overrated on the list but props to him.
Everyone around the league respects Gore except his own fans. What a shame.

• JD81
  • Veteran
It wasn
Originally posted by BigTrez:

That wasn't a down year for Frank....The 2nd best season of his career.
Ok, call me crazy. I saw on the NFL channel that the 49ers and the Steelers were tied with the most players on the top 100 list with 7. Right now all I see is...

• 85 - Bowman
  • 69 - Carlos Rogers
  • 67 - Joe Staley
  • 43 - Vernon Davis
  • 28 - Frank Gore

Now that is only 5 players and I know Patrick Willis is on there, and probably in the top 10. Do we actually only have 6 or is there someone I'm missing?
Originally posted by Youngb:
Ok, call me crazy. I saw on the NFL channel that the 49ers and the Steelers were tied with the most players on the top 100 list with 7. Right now all I see is...

• 85 - Bowman
  • 69 - Carlos Rogers
  • 67 - Joe Staley
  • 43 - Vernon Davis
  • 28 - Frank Gore

Now that is only 5 players and I know Patrick Willis is on there, and probably in the top 10. Do we actually only have 6 or is there someone I'm missing?

Justin
God Dammit! I told my self to stay away from here till I got home cause I knew someone would mention that NFL List.......but I just forgot about it and just had to visit one of my favorite forums. Fuuuuu
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Justin

Wow, excuse me while I go slap myself for forgetting him...
Share 49ersWebzone