There are 150 users in the forums

Biggest threat to 49ers SB run in NFC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Biggest threat to 49ers SB run in NFC?

Kyle Williams

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Of course it is, you're MadDog......

Edit: On a serious note, I like our team over the Eagles.

Eagles O vs Niner D = Eagles aren't even the best offense in the league, and we've gotten even deeper at CB (experience and additions).

Eagles D vs Niner O = We've add some serious explosion, while the Eagles D coordinater is the equivalent of Jimmy Raye. No way he out schemes us or our coaches ( Harbaugh the boy genius).

We will see. I think the Eagles offense is much more dynamic than ours, and the defense will be much improved in the front seven. I like the look of this team in 2012.
But thats a moot point as offenses do not play offenses. Its a very good O (Eagles) vs and Elite D (Niners). Obviously, its speculation how good each side will be, but I like our chances.

Edit: I hope I'm not wrong, but I see the Niners D taking a Ravens 2000 type leap. However, due to our schedule against prolific offenses this year, I dont know it will show in the stats.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The biggest threat to the Niners are the Niners.

Eggzactly!!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Definitely not the Giants. Had we not shot ourselves in the foot, we would have handled them in the Championship game.

It has to be the Packers, followed by the Eagles. I think the Eagles are going to deliver on last year's expectations this year.

Gotta love the Niners/Packers rivalry being rekindled. My all-time favorite rivalry!

It's not a rivalry when one side always loses

Even if we only have that one win, it's one of the greatest games this franchise has ever seen.

I think the Niners get the monkey off their back once again and show up BIG TIME in the opener.

Rivalries don't have to be even matchups, they just have to be high-intensity and full of bad blood (see CLE/PIT, CLE/BALT, WAS/DAL, DET/MIN)
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Definitely not the Giants. Had we not shot ourselves in the foot, we would have handled them in the Championship game.

It has to be the Packers, followed by the Eagles. I think the Eagles are going to deliver on last year's expectations this year.

Gotta love the Niners/Packers rivalry being rekindled. My all-time favorite rivalry!

It's not a rivalry when one side always loses

Even if we only have that one win, it's one of the greatest games this franchise has ever seen.

I think the Niners get the monkey off their back once again and show up BIG TIME in the opener.

Rivalries don't have to be even matchups, they just have to be high-intensity and full of bad blood (see CLE/PIT, CLE/BALT, WAS/DAL, DET/MIN)

That game lost some serious significance when Hearst's ankle exploded the next week in Atlanta I agree though hopefully we come out and make a quick statement in Lambeau
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Other:

/thread

lol...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Of course it is, you're MadDog......

Edit: On a serious note, I like our team over the Eagles.

Eagles O vs Niner D = Eagles aren't even the best offense in the league, and we've gotten even deeper at CB (experience and additions).

Eagles D vs Niner O = We've add some serious explosion, while the Eagles D coordinater is the equivalent of Jimmy Raye. No way he out schemes us or our coaches ( Harbaugh the boy genius).

We will see. I think the Eagles offense is much more dynamic than ours, and the defense will be much improved in the front seven. I like the look of this team in 2012.

I don't think Vick can play a clean enough game vs a defense like ours.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think Vick can play a clean enough game vs a defense like ours.
He was pretty clean in their last game against us, throwing for over 400 yds and only 1 interception. We only won by 1 point and had to erase a 20 point deficit in the 3rd quarter. But our redzone D stopped them at several crucial times, since 23 points on 400 yds isn't great at all.

The eagles don't worry me because we don't even play them in the regular season. Don't put the cart before the horse. The regular season is our first and biggest obstacle. I said the packers partly because they're the first team we have to beat. Losing against the first team can make it harder to get momentum and beat the second team and so on.
the patriots in the regular season and in the SB.
Injuries, people assume the team will go through another season with minimal time lost by key players. Law of averages says it won't.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jun 9, 2012 at 1:14 PM ]

This
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Injuries, people assume the team will go through another season with minimal time lost by key players. Law of averages says it won't.

true. But we have a lot of depth this year too, more than we've had in a really really long time. Our 8-8 year and just barely missing the playoffs in 2010 had a lot to do with alex and gore getting hurt.

Alex gets hurt this year we've got two rookies with a year of development under their belts, certainly you don't want to have to find out what we have in those guys but I believe they can play a similar low yardage/clean game as Alex in our system. Then there's josh johnson, who from all reports seems to be impressive in OTAs so far and Harbaugh has trained him forever. Another guy who can probably play a game manager role at least.

Then obviously you have our situation at runningback, gore gets hurt and we've got a really talented tandem of hunter and james with jacobs or dixon providing short yardage carries.

For WR's we had a lot of injuries at this position last year, and this year have a heap of guys there too. Crab, manningham, moss, jenkins, ginn, KW...

Our defense stays solid no matter who gets hurt too.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Excellent point! You get the feeling from these players that they want it real bad and I think getting that close last year but falling short will motivate them even more. With that said I agree with the op in that the eagles will be good this year. Andy Reid is a good coach and that team was playing at a high level to end the season once everything clicked.

I also think that the packers should not be discredited as anytime Aaron Rodgers is your quarterback, you have a chance. This year people may start conversing about him being the best qb in the NFL outside of his fanbase, but we'll see.

Agree. The 49ers just need to do what the 49ers do and take it to every other team like last season.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Nobody in the NFC is as well-rounded and talented across the roster.

We are our own enemy.
Packers. They've had our number for God knows how long. Even as the players change, they always seem to beat us. Its time to break that trend starting week 1.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone