There are 186 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colin Kaepernick

Originally posted by cciowa:
actually from what i have seen, the pro smith camp is very willing to meet the anti smith camp half way and admit alex is not perfect and he must improve this year, a majority of the anti smith camp are either unable or unwilling to give alex any scrap of credit whatsoever.,. example.. alex is to blame for the poor offensive line play is just off the charts.and when you see posts from posters nitpicking the angle he bends his non throwing arm and his running style vs the running style of shaun hill, you know you can not meet them half way

Well, what I have read from the pro smith side comes across like its the lines fault and the receivers fault only, very rarely do they say, but...

In any case this is the CK tread. Don't know why people are blasting him after only one year in which he hasn't had a TC and full off season, this is his first. If we can give Alex 7/8 years why can't we give CK and Tolz until the 4th year at least? Especially if you trust JH. How can you judge a guy that hasn't that many opps to play and say he sucks? Forget what type of college off. he ran, this is now, in college he was asked to run the pistol scheme and from al indications he ran it very well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
Truth is a three edged sword, their truth, your turth with the real truth somewhere in between. Blind loyalty is prevalent on both sides.
i am pretty loyal to alex due to the loyality he has shown to the team, esp last year when he ran camp alex with no contract, plus his improved on field play helped to. and as i get back to the topic of which i had a big hand in derailing,,, i am also loyal to him as i believe there is no one on the roster who gives us a better chance to win right now than alex, not ck, no one. all i want from those guys is someone we can count on in case alex gets hurt. we tempted fate last year and I do not want to do that this year. i actually hope ck will turn out to be the man cuz he was expensive to get and we had to move up to get him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
according to PFF (who was at our camp yesterday josh johnson loooked better

In the competition behind Alex Smith, Josh Johnson, to me, looked far and away the better QB than Colin Kaepernick today. Better feet, quicker and smoother motion, better velocity, on target just as often and fully able to make all of the throws. Small sample size considered, my money's on him settling in behind Smith.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/31/camp-tour-2012-santa-clara/

And who are these guys? Anybody that can be said to be a Michael Lombardi or someone who knows what they are talking about or has some street creds? I will wait till the pre is over and see what JH and Co. decides.
Originally posted by Number11:
Isn't that crazy even after the year Alex had? CK can only dream of having a season like that! I can't believe people actually hate this guy.

Alex had the best year of his career and it was good, but except for the low interception, it wasn't extraordinary in the sense.
Isn't that crazy even after the year Alex had? CK can only dream of having a season like that! I can't believe people actually hate this guy.

Alex had the best year of his career and it was good, but except for the low interception, it wasn't extraordinary in the sense.

Bill just ignore it...if you can't tell what some of these posters are trying to do in the past couple of pages, its pretty obvious. Let them tire out with their nonsense. And the thread will eventually get back into place.
i am pretty loyal to alex due to the loyality he has shown to the team, esp last year when he ran camp alex with no contract, plus his improved on field play helped to. and as i get back to the topic of which i had a big hand in derailing,,, i am also loyal to him as i believe there is no one on the roster who gives us a better chance to win right now than alex, not ck, no one. all i want from those guys is someone we can count on in case alex gets hurt. we tempted fate last year and I do not want to do that this year. i actually hope ck will turn out to be the man cuz he was expensive to get and we had to move up to get him

Alex is a nice guy. Maybe that is soemthing he needs to change, he needs that intangible, that chutzpah if you will, that slight ego. That Joe, Steve, Brady and Rodgers had. We've seen them interviewed and the people that knew them talk about them. CK seems to have it, weather he turns it and controls it into something special remains to be seen.

However, this is a league where if you produce and win, you will win people over. He has won, now he needs to produce even if the line sucks at times or the wr let him down. He needs to find a way to keep the chains moving. As far as Kaep being expensive, if that is how you view things, then look at how much Alex cost us, it was the most expensive you can get.

It is like a relationship-a person can be nice and all and okay to go out with, but you want the best ideal if you are going to marry, are you going to settle? Most people who do usually end up divorcing...know what I mean?
[ Edited by WildBill on Jul 31, 2012 at 5:29 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Bill just ignore it...if you can't tell what some of these posters are trying to do in the past couple of pages, its pretty obvious. Let them tire out with their nonsense. And the thread will eventually get back into place.

since i was a big reason why it was derailed let me try to right the ship.. Now in the last three days I have read multiple reports from niner training camp. those reports seem to vary from hour to hour in regards to the back up quarterback battle. one minute they say josh johnson is above them all, the next minute, they are even, the next minute, ck does some drill and he is better than any of them.Do we really have any idea which of the three are in the forefront right now? is it way to early? do I take these "reports" with a large quanity of salt? help is needed please and i do take a big part of the blame for turning this thread into an alex thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Alex is a nice guy. Maybe that is soemthing he needs to change, he needs that intangible, that chutzpah if you will, that slight ego. That Joe, Steve, Brady and Rodgers had. We've seen them interviewed and the people that knew them talk about them. CK seems to have it, weather he turns it and controls it into something special remains to be seen.

However, this is a league where if you produce and win, you will win people over. He has won, now he needs to produce even if the line sucks at times or the wr let him down. He needs to find a way to keep the chains moving. As far as Kaep being expensive, if that is how you view things, then look at how much Alex cost us, it was the most expensive you can get.
good post,,, i just was trying to say , since we moved up to get CK in the draft and it cost us a bit, i hope he does pan out to be a good quarterback. when you move up you hope they pan out like staley. that was all i was trying to say in regards to ck being expensive. we have more invested in him than josh johnson and i would like to see him be that number two. that is all i was trying to say i also think alex has a little bit more leadership and fire than you give him credit for i would like to blame terry donahue and dennis erickson for the reason we got put in that position where we had the number one pick overall
since i was a big reason why it was derailed let me try to right the ship.. Now in the last three days I have read multiple reports from niner training camp. those reports seem to vary from hour to hour in regards to the back up quarterback battle. one minute they say josh johnson is above them all, the next minute, they are even, the next minute, ck does some drill and he is better than any of them.Do we really have any idea which of the three are in the forefront right now? is it way to early? do I take these "reports" with a large quanity of salt? help is needed please and i do take a big part of the blame for turning this thread into an alex thread

I'd stick to what Maiocco is saying right now.. This seems about right after hearing all of the reports.

Alex Smith is clearly performing at a level higher than the other quarterbacks. And none of the other three -- Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien -- has taken a step away from the pack. Each has provided good moments and not-so-good moments.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i will meet you halfway,, it was a very pleasant surprise
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I'd stick to what Maiocco is saying right now.. This seems about right after hearing all of the reports.

Alex Smith is clearly performing at a level higher than the other quarterbacks. And none of the other three -- Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson and Scott Tolzien -- has taken a step away from the pack. Each has provided good moments and not-so-good moments.
yes,, are not some of those reports from people just out there tweeting? i think you are right,, stay with the opinion of someone who covers the team everyday

Agreed. Are we seriously getting on CK's case in his 2nd year.....remind me how many years it took for Alex to get good, oops I mean, slightly above average. A true elite qb ala Brees/Manning/Brady etc could amass those stats in 6-8 games, lets be real about it. Our goal is to get better and with our defense we could win with a game manager at qb, but don't give me any of this automatic, throw alex the keys, long term crap. win or not Alex needs to take another step this year. The Ravens won the SB with trent dilfer and he wasnt even on the roster next season. This "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality doesnt work in the NFL, youve got to get better at every position....

...Now that being said, Alex played his a$$ off vs NO and made some tremendous strides last season, but how can we be satisfied with that when we've been waiting for it for six years, I need to see more before I become a true believer in alex. If he has the same season as last year then next years QB competition should be open at the start of camp with no quams. As far is Kap is concerned, give him some time, we've already waited 6 years for alex, we can wait 2-3 for Kap.

yes,, are not some of those reports from people just out there tweeting? i think you are right,, stay with the opinion of someone who covers the team everyday

Yes, and Maiocco seems to be the fairest of them all.

I'm starting to like Tolzien more than JJ or CK7 right about now, but overall, just want the best man to own that backup job.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I'm starting to like Tolzien more than JJ or CK7 right about now, but overall, just want the best man to own that backup job.
it will make the pre season games actually interesting for a change, between that and the running back thing between jacobs and dixon, the log jam at cornerback and of course the wide out thing with crabs latest drama. and of course we have a head coach and , sounds like, a good quarterbacks coach for all of them so thats nice to

it will make the pre season games actually interesting for a change, between that and the running back thing between jacobs and dixon, the log jam at cornerback and of course the wide out thing with crabs latest drama. and of course we have a head coach and , sounds like, a good quarterbacks coach for all of them so thats nice to

Amen to that. *Bart Scott Voice* "CANT WAIT"