LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 160 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Lol first of all Aldon isnt from the hood. Ur not familiar where he comes from obviously lol. He's not ghetto or a thug either. And I am pretty sure the house party was at his own big ass house up in evergreen where he has been having parties basically every weekend. After his DUI seems like he's been bringing the party to himself. He also has had 4 friends move in with him. One is a rapper(June), his producer, his manager and then a friend. Pretty sure they all went to mizzou. None of them are thugs. They do smoke a little kush but who doesn't, especially in the Bay. Havig these house parties every weekends and inviting random people off twitter was bound to lead to something like this though.
He is 22 right?

I guess its kind of hard to get someone that age to "grow up"....I think he has been forced to grow up since trying sports, and he is still trying to have fun like "everyone else" when he has free time.

Some players are able to, others take alittle longer...but if this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is for him. We can't expect him to be like our other players....everyone has a different up bringing.

He needs to hang with others close to his age on the team, if he prefers to be around someone who can relate to...sure we can hope that some of vets have him tag along, but that is not always the case.....what the hell does Anthony Davis do all day? on the CPU trolling people? you never hear trouble from him and he likes to joke with people and start s**t..lol. He is one month younger than Aldon.
what if it was self defense . i bet it was a city office that withdrew the money from the stadium that stabbed him. i think they were mad the niners are suing so they stabbed him.
supbaby, don't put his s**t out there brah. Leave some of that s**t out.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He needs a father figure.

All tthat $$$$ and little guidance is a BAD recipe. The NFL and sports are full of these stories where prime athletes take the wrong path and ruin their own lives.

Dude needs to grow up, plain and simple.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
He is 22 right?

I guess its kind of hard to get someone that age to "grow up"....I think he has been forced to grow up since trying sports, and he is still trying to have fun like "everyone else" when he has free time.

Some players are able to, others take alittle longer...but if this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is for him. We can't expect him to be like our other players....everyone has a different up bringing.

He needs to hang with others close to his age on the team, if he prefers to be around someone who can relate to...sure we can hope that some of vets have him tag along, but that is not always the case.....what the hell does Anthony Davis do all day? on the CPU trolling people? you never hear trouble from him and he likes to joke with people and start s**t..lol. He is one month younger than Aldon.

I see what you are saying and I was definitely no angel when I was 22, but dude needs to realize that he's no ordinary 22 year old and to stay the f**k out of the news. It's not that hard. Athletes do it all the time, so I'm not hearing that "millionaire athlete, he's young and trying to have fun" bulls**t. There are ways to have fun without getting stabbed and making headlines, thus drawing unnecessary negative press to your team. He's already got busted for a DUI, a f**king pattern better not be emerging.
So tired of people defending these guys:

"things happen"

Really? I've never been stabbed....you? It's like the athletes that carry guns around for "protection". We don't need to carry guns...and if you do, you need a better way to spend your free time.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

"things happen"

Really? I've never been stabbed....you? It's like the athletes that carry guns around for "protection". We don't need to carry guns...and if you do, you need a better way to spend your free time.

ya DUIs and being stabbed can't go into the "things happen" category

guy needs to realize hes a f**king millionaire professional athlete
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Dude needs to grow up, plain and simple.

How old are you? I'm just curious.

He's 22 years old. That's a kid. Just because he's bigger than probably 98% of men in this country doesn't mean he's not a child. He's a grown man legally but at age 22 there are still a lot of things guys enjoy doing including partying with people. I'm sure half the league likes to party but you just have to be smart about it.

He doesn't need to grow up at this point. He just needs to be smart when he wants to party. We don't know the details so I don't understand why everyone is just making the assumption that he's at fault here. If someone gets mugged on teh street and get stabbed or shot do we blame that person for putting themselves in a bad situation? Of course not.

Let's wait to see what the truth is.

Just throwing out this scenario - Aldon is at home just hanging out with friends, some people crash the small party and a fight breaks out not involving Aldon. Aldon tries to break it up and gets stabbed. Is he still someone who needs to grow up?
Last time we had a crazy pass rushing end, who was a little out of control...we let him go to dallas, I say we over look this.

supbaby, don't put his s**t out there brah. Leave some of that s**t out.

Lol cause some of his friends blaze? Big deal. Doesnt mean he does.
Originally posted by Canadian49er:

"things happen"

I've known several people who carry guns for protection and they're some of the greatest people I've met in my life. That analogy is really dumb. Just because someone decides to have a weapon JUST IN CASE to protect themselves doesn't mean they're looking for trouble. The guys you are referring to are stupid and carry not so much for protection but for intimidation and to be a thug. Very different things.

As for the "I've never been stabbed" comment well that's ridiculous. You have no idea what happened and yes if your parties are composed of boyscouts and nuns then more than likely you're going to avoid crowds where people get stabbed but once again being stabbed doesn't automatically mean you're hanging out with bad people.

I've been to many parties in my life and there are always some people you don't know who make it out to the party. Hell even the people you know you can't know what they'll do all the time.

The DUI is all on Aldon and he needs to make sure he never gets behind the wheel of a car after drinking again. A DUI falls squarely on the shoulders of the person getting arrested. Someone getting stabbed that one we have to hear the full story to pass judgement.

Of course waiting for the full story around here never happens. I'm sure the same people who were crying about Smith being a "reach" and a terrible pick after he was drafted are the same ones screaming at how stupid he is for getting stabbed.

At least wait to find out what happened.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Last time we had a crazy pass rushing end, who was a little out of control...we let him go to dallas, I say we over look this.

lol..
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
He is 22 right?

I see what you are saying and I was definitely no angel when I was 22, but dude needs to realize that he's no ordinary 22 year old and to stay the f**k out of the news. It's not that hard. Athletes do it all the time, so I'm not hearing that "millionaire athlete, he's young and trying to have fun" bulls**t. There are ways to have fun without getting stabbed and making headlines, thus drawing unnecessary negative press to your team. He's already got busted for a DUI, a f**king pattern better not be emerging.

imo, the mistake he had was moving in the rapper, rapper's manager, etc to his home.....I'm sure he is trying to make money on the side. Sure he could've grown up with the dude, and he might be like a brother to him......or he is just trying to invest and make more money and fame. He needs to live with Family and friends that look out for his best interest. Not others who are trying to come up and are worried about themselves. Again, not saying those he stays with don't have love for each other...but the rapper dude is tyring to make it big....he is always going to look at things from at perspective..and not "oh maybe this is a bad idea because it might bring trouble to my boy Aldon"...no he thinks everything is going to be fine, and is too worried about himself and coming up.

He needs folks around him that will be looking out for his best interest FIRST and FOREMOST. You don't have to be a square to be this type of person...you can still have fun, yet be aware about situations. The thing is, it can't only be one person....everyone in his entourage or family have to be on the same page...so that, when Aldon wants to do something...and he thinks its fine and nothing will happen....everyone in his group would put what's good for him first, and it would be easier to persuade Aldon or any other athlete to not follow through.
  • bors
  • Veteran
its not like he stabbed himself,he may have just been chillin,,,then shank.or maybe he was breaking up a fight ...then stab
meh or not
Share 49ersWebzone