LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The facts that....

~ He didn't learn crap from #1 (DUI)
~ The behavior is escelating (getting multiple stab wounds now)
~ He's hanging out at "house parties" with god knows what type of people where there are stabbings and not only that but shootings too

leads me to believe there are serious problems with his judgement, decision making, friends association, risk taking, sense of direction.

I could care less what a guy does with his free time. But this is effecting his health and life. Both incidents could have been deadly to himself or others. There is a problem. And he needs to be mentored now. He's not managing his life real well on his own as a 22 year old multi millionaire apparently.
are the coaches going to step in and nip this in the bud? will our vetern players step in? he should know that what he does relfects upon the team. If he does not know this, i lay the blame on the coaches and front office

They do need to step in now. The first one I could say he was young and in South Beach for the first time. But now it's obvious there are larger decision making problems. Nip it in the bud or #3 and #4 will come real soon. Rest assured. And they might be more serious. I don't think he is a bad kid. Just terrible decisions lately. And he needs to grow up.

This was the one and only situation Singletary was good at. But he could coach worth a crap...
i am also bothered by the fact, he did not seem to learn from the first offense, the owi.Fine he is 22 but when s**t started to get out of hand at that party he should have removed himself. when i was 22 i may have been dumb but i could feel the lid bubbling on the pot at a party. of course when people like you and i bring up legit concerns about smith, others go postal on us and going to the extreme such as ,, lets trade him for a fourth round pick. We never have said that but getting busted for drunk driving and getting multiple stab wounds( i do not care if it was a pocket knife or a machete) are warning signs he and the coaches better address. i will wait for the predictable response about my horse which is allegedly high

I lean towards your way of thinking. I understand that he is young and thus going to do some immature things. And I understand going to a party and having fun. But once violence is involved and you are a mutli millionaire it's gonna raise questions(rightfully so) about your judgement. What are the chances he was breaking up a fight between 2 strangers? It was likely a fight involving somebody he came with or knows closely. He needs a call from Ray Lewis who can explain to him 1st hand how going to a club/party can really turn out wrong. You have to change the ppl around you. And if you do that and are still getting into trouble then you are the trouble.
What Aldon has learned so far in life... thanks to this thing we call forgiveness and 2nd chances... is that even if people get into trouble doing stupid things? Hey, no problem... you can always come back and make big money later if you have the talent. (see: Mike Vick)
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They do need to step in now. The first one I could say he was young and in South Beach for the first time. But now it's obvious there are larger decision making problems. Nip it in the bud or #3 and #4 will come real soon. Rest assured. And they might be more serious. I don't think he is a bad kid. Just terrible decisions lately. And he needs to grow up.

This was the one and only situation Singletary was good at. But he could coach worth a crap...
yes, sing would have went with him to the party and when s**t got out of hand he would showed them his cross and sprinkled holy water on everyone.
I know this is probably old news..but could someone tell me where he got stabbed(on the body)??
Originally posted by Hitman49:
I know this is probably old news..but could someone tell me where he got stabbed(on the body)??

Not disclosing that, but I believe I read that they were not actually stabs... but more the laceration type of wounds.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Not disclosing that, but I believe I read that they were not actually stabs... but more the laceration type of wounds.

the severity, the location, the type of knife used does not subtract from the seriousness of it , in my allegedly high horse opinion ( you know i am not attacking you oldman )
this times 1000 times, good job I can not believe how many people are just pooh poohing this. and all because he gets good sack numbers. unreal

Well, until more comes out about the events that led up to the stabbing we can't really get too mad at the guy. Here's a scenario that could be true:

1) Aldon was hired to do a spread for a clothing company endorsement.
2) The company said, "Hey, invite some of you friends for an after shoot party."
3) Aldon invited a number of people.
4) Word got out, either through the clothing company or ? and many people started showing up.
5) Some idiots wouldn't leave and started shooting each other.
6) Aldon tried to protect his guests and was stabbed for the trouble.

Nowhere in this scenario is Aldon to blame for bad judgement, and he can actually be a "hero" of sorts for trying to intervene and help his guests stay safe. He could have seen what was going on and just called the police, which would have been a very adult thing to do, but they were called by someone...so maybe he did.

Until the whole story is out I'm not in the mood to bash the guy.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

6) Aldon tried to protect his guests and was stabbed for the trouble.

Nowhere in this scenario is Aldon to blame for bad judgement, and he can actually be a "hero" of sorts for trying to intervene and help his guests stay safe.

Unless Aldon't guests are playing a key role in our SB run? I say BS to you, sir.

Aldon's bad judgement here would be in risking himself for others. As a 49ers fan, I must say a big HELL NO to that! I don't care if one guest later cures cancer and another saves my mother from a speeding bus! Nothing... nothing can get in the way of MY ring # 6. So Aldon putting himself in harm's way is not to be considered "heroic" or acceptable.

Bringing guns and knifes to party's now-a-days....what happened to potato salad??

i'm guessing your friend works at the hospital...did he get HIPAA training?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Bringing guns and knifes to party's now-a-days....what happened to potato salad??
god i love potato salad!! also macaroni salad, pea salad and kidney bean salad
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How the hell did he got stabbed in a gun fight.....

Had to be how.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Yeah, it's over for Aldon. Destined for a prison cell to share with Big Bubba. He wasn't all that good anyway.

Share with Big Bubba? He is the Big Bubba, in any cell.
god i love potato salad!! also macaroni salad, pea salad and kidney bean salad

Dude, that's a fart party, but I'm still bring my blades.
Share 49ersWebzone