LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Maybe by the team for some Training camps so it effects his wallet.

But not for any games by the NFL nor the niners.
He is too important.

I'll be f**king PISSED at Aldon if he gets suspended for that Green Bay game. Just so stupid.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
as long as Aldon is ok, i'm not mad about it like other people here are. i'm sure harbaugh will have words with him. maybe vernon will talk to him too.
Originally posted by luv49rs:
as long as Aldon is ok, i'm not mad about it like other people here are. i'm sure harbaugh will have words with him. maybe vernon will talk to him too.

I'm personally not mad at Aldon at all. He can have as much fun as he wants, but when it comes to potentially missing game time? That's when I get upset at a player.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by supbaby:
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Originally posted by supbaby:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
supbaby, don't put his s**t out there brah. Leave some of that s**t out.

Lol cause some of his friends blaze? Big deal. Doesnt mean he does.

Show me YOUR friends.......and I'll tell you who YOU are.

Such a frivolous and narrow minded point of view smh.

You must be young.
Your chosen associations reflect very much on yourself. Deny all you want, but most know better.
Birds of a feather and all that.

Not necessarily true. I have several friends family members who partake, but I don't.I have too much to lose by doing so. I can wait til I retire.

I don't consider "partaking" bad, if I understand your meaning. Still, you can't wait till you retire, and then partake as well.
How do your associations not reflect on you, again?
Well I guess he.is better at pass rushing then breaking up fights.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Well I guess he.is better at pass rushing then breaking up fights.

Fight wasn't between QBs!
Could have ended really badly for him. He seems to be a decent youngster. Just putting himself in stupid situations like most young guys do. I think the team should put him under house arrest....

...Oh wait !
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by cciowa:
just another thug. Jh better stop building houses for homeless people, tell them to get a job and pay rent like the rest of us do and get control of his football team. I thought we were done with distractions with this team after sing left, guess not.

This makes you think Harbaugh's lost control of his football team . . . even a little bit? . . . also thug? He can't baby sit his players 24/7, although Aldon Smith might get a little more attention from JH now . . . and probably his teammates.
the first 3 words of my post were in jest, the rest were not. i do understand your thoughts, thank you for giving me something new to digest here.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:

I hope so luv. i tend to speak out of emotion. after the bad decade we went through I want to leave the bad stuff in the past. i know that is not reality and I know s**t will happen. I just get angry when we come so far and then something like this happens. Believe me bud, i know life is not perfect, it just upsets me. I have feelings to i do hope and trust the coach and some of our vets like justin, davis willis, gore and whitner can set him down. it was so long ago when i was 22 . i guess i did jump out of the back of a truck when it was going down the road just to see what would happen when i was 7 i stuck my foot between the spokes of my bike when i was riding it just to see what would happen thank you luv, you are a good citizen
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I can't believe the reactions, how many of you went out drinking or to parties regularly when you were Aldon Smith's age? You all act like you are choir boys. I personally didn't get off the party train till I was in my early 30's.

just another thug. Jh better stop building houses for homeless people, tell them to get a job and pay rent like the rest of us do and get control of his football team. I thought we were done with distractions with this team after sing left, guess not.

This makes you think Harbaugh's lost control of his football team . . . even a little bit? . . . also thug? He can't baby sit his players 24/7, although Aldon Smith might get a little more attention from JH now . . . and probably his teammates.
the first 3 words of my post were in jest, the rest were not. i do understand your thoughts, thank you for giving me something new to digest here.

lol, that wasn't in jest?
Originally posted by BobS:
I can't believe the reactions, how many of you went out drinking or to parties regularly when you were Aldon Smith's age? You all act like you are choir boys. I personally didn't get off the party train till I was in my early 30's.

Agree about the reactions... agree about hopping off the train in my early 30's..

Still.. I'd like to think that if I were in Aldon's position? With that sudden big money and the understanding that my team and coaches rely on me? That so many talented players can cripple themselves with poor choices? Yeah... ideally, I'd love for Aldon to get all of that and really be more careful. That's part of the price for fame.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol, that wasn't in jest?

not really.no
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

the big difference is that most of us did not get stabbed and we are not high profile pro football players who should think before they act
the big difference is that most of us did not get stabbed and we are not high profile pro football players who should think before they act

Thinking back to my early 20's...which is not easy, I'm not sure how I would have handled being given millions of dollars. Never liked big parties but there were so many other dumb things to do! Remember, he is a physical phreek and no doubt feels immortal, and then has all the money in the world also giving him a sense of being bullet proof. If he doesn't learn from this then I'll be concerned, but at least he didn't murder his girlfriend or kill someone while driving under the influence!
Share 49ersWebzone