LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

its unfortunate this happened but this guy is in his early 20's and is a millionaire.. and you're saying he should stay home? dude im only 20 and the last f**kin thing im gonna do is stay home everynight.. especially on the weekends. a bad thing happened.. they happen all the time.. doesnt mean he should just stay inside all the time.. if you did that when you where younger.. well thats your problem and sounds like your life sucked.
Originally posted by tankle104:
its unfortunate this happened but this guy is in his early 20's and is a millionaire.. and you're saying he should stay home? dude im only 20 and the last f**kin thing im gonna do is stay home everynight.. especially on the weekends. a bad thing happened.. they happen all the time.. doesnt mean he should just stay inside all the time.. if you did that when you where younger.. well thats your problem and sounds like your life sucked.

what would suck more is if you had the chance at greatness and you lost it because you went to situations that were compromising. I don't think anyone here is saying stay away from house parties / bars / clubs, but if he doesn't realize he has a different situation than most 22yr olds, then he may blow his chance before he even knows what he's doing.

No my life was great. Still is. I love living Just so happens im not 20 anymore and have enough sense to be able to reflect back and realise that house parties are an extremely dumb idea to attend.

No one is saying he should stay home and rot. People are simply asking that a millionaire athlete in the spotlight show a little more maturity and discrepancy with the type of fun he is having and who is privy to having fun with him.

There are plenty of ways to have a good time and at the same time not get DUI's or get stabbed.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Things do happen at bars yes, but to campare them to house party's is just rediculous. For one they are established drinking areas, with pre determined amounts of people that can attend. Bouncers and security guards and police generally are the ones breaking up fights at bars, not superstar LB's worth millions.

You must have been the most boring 22 year old on the planet. It was a party in the Santa Clara Hills, no one familiar with the bay area would feel unsafe attending a house party in that area. Its not like he went to a block party in East Oakland on a saturday night. Again, you are projecting that this was an out of control situation when he arrived. It very well could have been a gathering of people hosted by a trusted friend and word got out he was there. Could happen anywhere at any time to someone who is recognizable.
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM ]

No my life was great. Still is. I love living Just so happens im not 20 anymore and have enough sense to be able to reflect back and realise that house parties are an extremely dumb idea to attend.

No one is saying he should stay home and rot. People are simply asking that a millionaire athlete in the spotlight show a little more maturity and discrepancy with the type of fun he is having and who is privy to having fun with him.

There are plenty of ways to have a good time and at the same time not get DUI's or get stabbed.

no one knows what happpened. on my 18th birthday i had a house party and as i was walking through a door i stepped on a beer can and slipped a lil and went to grab the counter but my friend was there cutting up some steaks and i got stabbed in the hand.. complete accident.. very minor.. for all we know that is what happened to him. you guys are making it seem like he was throwing a house party.. guns and drugs and gang bangers where everywhere and a huge fight broke out and someone stabbed him with a machete or something.
no one knows what happpened. on my 18th birthday i had a house party and as i was walking through a door i stepped on a beer can and slipped a lil and went to grab the counter but my friend was there cutting up some steaks and i got stabbed in the hand.. complete accident.. very minor.. for all we know that is what happened to him. you guys are making it seem like he was throwing a house party.. guns and drugs and gang bangers where everywhere and a huge fight broke out and someone stabbed him with a machete or something.

if you are a minority and you get stabbed outside of your own home its automatically your fault
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by DirtyP:

if you are a minority and you get stabbed its automatically your fault

all i know is.. im 2 years younger than aldon and if i was a millionaire stud.. you bet your sweet ass im doing what he does. no one has details on his DUI. so its not like he was trashed just rampaging roads like some people envision... no one knows what happened where he got stabbed.. some people on here are like those really straight edge guys that believe people shouldn't party and have fun cause it isnt always safe.. well lifes not guaranteed.. so have fun while you can and if your fortunate to be a millionaire at the age of 22.. enjoy yourself.
all i know is.. im 2 years younger than aldon and if i was a millionaire stud.. you bet your sweet ass im doing what he does. no one has details on his DUI. so its not like he was trashed just rampaging roads like some people envision... no one knows what happened where he got stabbed.. some people on here are like those really straight edge guys that believe people shouldn't party and have fun cause it isnt always safe.. well lifes not guaranteed.. so have fun while you can and if your fortunate to be a millionaire at the age of 22.. enjoy yourself.

I agree I was being sarcastic
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 30, 2012 at 6:58 PM ]
Things do happen at bars yes, but to campare them to house party's is just rediculous. For one they are established drinking areas, with pre determined amounts of people that can attend. Bouncers and security guards and police generally are the ones breaking up fights at bars, not superstar LB's worth millions.

You must have been the most boring 22 year old on the planet. It was a party in the Santa Clara Hills, no one familiar with the bay area would feel unsafe attending a house party in that area. Its not like he went to a block party in East Oakland on a saturday night. Again, you are projecting that this was an out of control situation when he arrived. It very well could have been a gathering of people hosted by a trusted friend and word got out he was there. Could happen anywhere at any time to someone who is recognizable.

Actually it sounds like it as his house and there were 100+ people. That is even worse. You guys can call me boring all you want. Non of you know the life i lived. I simply can reflect honestly and say house parties are dumb regardless.

Generally gatherings of friends are refered to as such, or as get togethers, or as BBQ's and generally dont consist of a hundred people, gunshots, and stab wounds. Im sorry this is no joke, we could just as easily be reading that our star young LB was shot dead last night.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Actually it sounds like it as his house and there were 100+ people. That is even worse. You guys can call me boring all you want. Non of you know the life i lived. I simply can reflect honestly and say house parties are dumb regardless.

Generally gatherings of friends are refered to as such, or as get togethers, or as BBQ's and generally dont consist of a hundred people, gunshots, and stab wounds. Im sorry this is no joke, we could just as easily be reading that our star young LB was shot dead last night.

or run over, crossing the street.

Two people got shot.....

But i guess your right, someone could have slipped on a bannana peel.
Originally posted by boast:

Grasping....

No where is anyone reporting it was at his house.

"House parties are dumb". Lol, ok, so if your best friend is having a party at his house on friday night you automatically decline because it could get dangerous? It honestly sounds like you've never been to a party with more than 20 people present in your life.

And yes, it would be incredibly tragic if Aldon Smith was shot dead at random. Just like it would be tragic if he flipped his car on the highway. Should we then start suggesting that athletes do not drive on the freeway because of its obvious danger? You have no idea what kind of people were at this party or when then assailants showed up. All that you know is "it was a house party with a lot of people".
[ Edited by DirtyP on Jun 30, 2012 at 7:04 PM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by boast:

Grasping....

you're the only one grasping here.

Share 49ersWebzone