There are 193 users in the forums

The Aldon Smith thread

• He was allegedly drinking at Raymac's house while on probation during Raymac's alleged rape. No evidence of such a thing, although being present at a alleged rape party is not a good choice considering his history.
  • He's done his bullcrap suspension and will begin practice this week! Expected to play Sunday! YEAH!
  • Aldon to miss 9 games for his conduct briefly described below.
  • Aldon arrested at LAX. Was disorderly at TSA screening. Allegedly yelled bomb at security. No charges filed.
  • He's out of rehab and turned himself in on those felony assault charges. Hopefully his next move is to practice and not back to rehab!
  • Now facing 3 felony charges for possession of illegal firearms. May do jail time, especially coupled with the likely felony he faces for the DUI accident.
  • Recovering from DUI #2 in rehab. Hopefully he doesn't get suspended.
  • Stabbed at his own house party. Allegedly shot guns into the air with Delanie Walker to break up the party and will be sued civilly for it. Someone was shot at same party after gunfire exchange.
  • Arrested for DUI #2 after smashing his car into a tree and passing out because he was drunk.
  • Involved in a car crash where a deer was killed and the car was totalled
  • Arrested for DUI

****************New videos made by other people for your viewing pleasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!*****

https

https
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jun 9, 2015 at 5:18 PM ]

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Thats my Aldon pic from training camp
Originally posted by jimrat:
Thats my Aldon pic from training camp

Originally posted by oldman9er:

Aldon's going to pee on Justin Smith's car.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Best line last season was by Jon Gruden when we played the Steelers, "Aldon Smith is going to the Hall of Fame if this game goes on much longer"
Aldon might not repeat last year's performance statistically, but his overall impact will be even greater. He'll be drawing a lot of double teams and offenses will have to gameplan for him on ALL downs now. His presence (along with Justin Smith) on all 3 downs will be extremely beneficial for Ahmad Brooks (who I believe could end up leading the team in sacks this season).
No way Aldon Smith is not the 49ers leading sack man next year lets not over think things
Originally posted by Esco:
Best line last season was by Jon Gruden when we played the Steelers, "Aldon Smith is going to the Hall of Fame if this game goes on much longer"

That was a great line for sure!

Nike needs to hurry up and release those nike limited jerseys so i can get me 99 jersey!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by jimrat:

Can't wait to see this during the regular season very soon!
Originally posted by Esco:

"This is unfair." lol
Originally posted by DirtyP:
No way Aldon Smith is not the 49ers leading sack man next year lets not over think things

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Aldon at all. In fact its the opposite. I'm just stating that his presence can't be ignored and teams will be forced to double team him, which will make things easier for his teammates. Here's some examples of what I mean:

1. Julius Peppers was Carolina's best pass rusher during his time there. He recorded 12 sacks in 12 games as a rookie in 2002. The following season (2003), he recorded 7 sacks in 16 games. Although his sack totals weren't as high as the previous year, he was still a dominant force. His impact was seen through the production of his teammates. That season, Mike Rucker led the Panthers in sacks with 12 (a career high for him). Rucker wasn't the best pass rusher on the team, but his job was made easier because Peppers drew most of the attention from offenses.

2. Terrell Suggs in 2004 led the Ravens in sacks with 10.5 in 16 games. The next two seasons, he finished behind Adalius Thomas in sacks. Despite finishing behind him, Suggs was obviously a better pass rusher than Thomas (who we later found out wasn't as good as originally thought). Suggs wasn't Baltimore's sack leader in those seasons but he was still a threat that offenses had to account for. Like the Peppers example above, Suggs' impact was seen through the production of his teammates. He helped his defense not by recording sacks, but by drawing attention and helping Thomas get to the QB easier.

Aldon obviously has the ability to lead the team in sacks again next year, I'm not disputing that. In fact, I won't be surprised if he becomes the league's sack leader. I'm just saying that his impact will be deeper than sack totals. By drawing more attention, its possible that he could help somebody else (Ahmad Brooks?) become the team's sack leader.
[ Edited by candlestick49er on Jun 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM ]
Originally posted by candlestick49er:
Originally posted by DirtyP:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Aldon at all. In fact its the opposite. I'm just stating that his presence can't be ignored and teams will be forced to double team him, which will make things easier for his teammates. Here's some examples of what I mean:

1. Julius Peppers was Carolina's best pass rusher during his time there. He recorded 12 sacks in 12 games as a rookie in 2002. The following season (2003), he recorded 7 sacks in 16 games. Although his sack totals weren't as high as the previous year, he was still a dominant force. His impact was seen through the production of his teammates. That season, Mike Rucker led the Panthers in sacks with 12 (a career high for him). Rucker wasn't the best pass rusher on the team, but his job was made easier because Peppers drew most of the attention from offenses.

2. Terrell Suggs in 2004 led the Ravens in sacks with 10.5 in 16 games. The next two seasons, he finished behind Adalius Thomas in sacks. Despite finishing behind him, Suggs was obviously a better pass rusher than Thomas (who we later found out wasn't as good as originally thought). Suggs wasn't Baltimore's sack leader in those seasons but he was still a threat that offenses had to account for. Like the Peppers example above, Suggs' impact was seen through the production of his teammates. He helped his defense not by recording sacks, but by drawing attention and helping Thomas get to the QB easier.

Aldon obviously has the ability to lead the team in sacks again next year, I'm not disputing that. In fact, I won't be surprised if he becomes the league's sack leader. I'm just saying that his impact will be deeper than sack totals. By drawing more attention, its possible that he could help somebody else (Ahmad Brooks?) become the team's sack leader.

Great post
Share 49ersWebzone