There are 152 users in the forums

Saints vs 49ers Classic and NFL Films

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by dGilleran:
The 49ers 36 to 32 victory over the Saints in January was undoubtedly the best, most exciting, emotional football game I have ever seen. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for NFL films to work their magic? I absolutely cannot wait, the NFL.com videos and youtube highlights aren't helping me to relive this glorious moment in history.

They will show the game again in full later this summer as the season gets closer.

NFL Network re-airs all their weekly NFL Replays, in order, starting at a certain point during the summer leading up to the new season. The 49ers/Saints game will get re-aired once they get to their playoff re-airs, probably in late July or August. They will show the game in full since they decided not to do an NFL Replay version and chose instead to re-air the entire game the following week after it was played.

As for an NFL Films 30 or 60-minute special... well, don't hold your breath. It's possible they could produce a special on the game eventually, but like DaDiva said above, it's becoming a rarity these days.

The did do a NFL replay for this game
  • zoos
  • Veteran
You can watch the whole game right here...

enjoy
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I will never forget this game. How well we started off, how crushing it was when Jimmy Graham and Sproles scored those TD's and then how awesome it was when Alex ran for that TD and obviously the pass to Vernon Davis. Best game I've ever seen
want to watch all the games from last season? check out this dudes youtube page.

iLLESTBOSS - YouTube
Originally posted by zoos:
You can watch the whole game right here...

enjoy

It was mysteriously deleted from my DVR and I've been wanting to watch again.
Originally posted by Chico:
i probably watched this game 20 times over...still on my DVR - What a GREAT memory! That was so much fun...then the Giant's game came and i was left completely heart broken. I actually called in sick the next day to work

Anyone else had to call in to work? I should have asked for the week off. Only got Monday
i watch a clip of the game 5out of 7 days a week.... no lie
So ready for 2012 Season
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
i probably watched this game 20 times over...still on my DVR - What a GREAT memory! That was so much fun...then the Giant's game came and i was left completely heart broken. I actually called in sick the next day to work

Anyone else had to call in to work? I should have asked for the week off. Only got Monday

i'm sure half the city of SF called in sick the next day. it's just crazy how much we love our team.
my bro is a saintz fan after the victory over the saintz he had nuthin to say. PRICELESS
I still have the NFL Films highlights that were on Inside the NFL from that game.

I watch them about twice a month.

Epic.

Originally posted by Nes49:
Never deleting from my DVR

This!
Originally posted by jt_temedia:
want to watch all the games from last season? check out this dudes youtube page.

iLLESTBOSS - YouTube

Oh god he has the loss to the Giants. Must not watch.
Wow Thanks Brah! It was awesome!!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by dGilleran:
The 49ers 36 to 32 victory over the Saints in January was undoubtedly the best, most exciting, emotional football game I have ever seen. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for NFL films to work their magic? I absolutely cannot wait, the NFL.com videos and youtube highlights aren't helping me to relive this glorious moment in history.

They will show the game again in full later this summer as the season gets closer.

NFL Network re-airs all their weekly NFL Replays, in order, starting at a certain point during the summer leading up to the new season. The 49ers/Saints game will get re-aired once they get to their playoff re-airs, probably in late July or August. They will show the game in full since they decided not to do an NFL Replay version and chose instead to re-air the entire game the following week after it was played.

As for an NFL Films 30 or 60-minute special... well, don't hold your breath. It's possible they could produce a special on the game eventually, but like DaDiva said above, it's becoming a rarity these days.

The did do a NFL replay for this game

Never saw it air. They re-aired the game in a full 3-hour broadcast. I did not see an NFL Replay produced.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Try going to the game and wasting $500
Share 49ersWebzone