There are 227 users in the forums

Saints vs 49ers Classic and NFL Films

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The 49ers 36 to 32 victory over the Saints in January was undoubtedly the best, most exciting, emotional football game I have ever seen. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for NFL films to work their magic? I absolutely cannot wait, the NFL.com videos and youtube highlights aren't helping me to relive this glorious moment in history.
[ Edited by dGilleran on Jun 1, 2012 at 11:13 AM ]
Rare
i remember at the end of the game i changed the channel and someone goes did you record it and i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Never deleting from my DVR
it's moments like this that you're glad the DVR was invented...
  • Chico
  • Veteran
i probably watched this game 20 times over...still on my DVR - What a GREAT memory! That was so much fun...then the Giant's game came and i was left completely heart broken. I actually called in sick the next day to work
Originally posted by Hitman49:
it's moments like this that you're glad the DVR was invented...

I just downloaded the game.
I went to the game and I can't even begin to explain how exciting it was to be in the stands. I must have high-fived about two dozen people I've never met on the way out. Iol... it was an emotional roller-coaster.
I had the original game DVR'd , then DVR's the NFL Replay.....the Replay is way better and shorter
Just watched the full replay on NFL.com an hour ago

Torrent of the game + PS3 + PS3 media server =

I sometimes bring up the game to watch the last two drives and the Catch III still brings a smile.
I wore black all that week after the Giants game. I'm still sick to this day behind that lost.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dGilleran:
The 49ers 36 to 32 victory over the Saints in January was undoubtedly the best, most exciting, emotional football game I have ever seen. Does anyone know how long it generally takes for NFL films to work their magic? I absolutely cannot wait, the NFL.com videos and youtube highlights aren't helping me to relive this glorious moment in history.

It's on iTunes as a full download. Something like 3$ IIRC. It won't have the additional commentary, but it's the full game.
The 1980 comeback game down 35-7?
Originally posted by dGilleran:

They will show the game again in full later this summer as the season gets closer.

NFL Network re-airs all their weekly NFL Replays, in order, starting at a certain point during the summer leading up to the new season. The 49ers/Saints game will get re-aired once they get to their playoff re-airs, probably in late July or August. They will show the game in full since they decided not to do an NFL Replay version and chose instead to re-air the entire game the following week after it was played.

As for an NFL Films 30 or 60-minute special... well, don't hold your breath. It's possible they could produce a special on the game eventually, but like DaDiva said above, it's becoming a rarity these days.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone