There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will Bruce Miller have a bigger role in the offense this season?

And the answer to the op's question is YES, I believe with a full offseason, we will see a much more consistent blocker and a ton more receptions.
In 1995 Larry Centers had 101 receptions...
He should have a bigger role as a pass catcher, like Rathman. Every player--and
I mean every player--on offense needs to be a weapon.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Wow no wonder why people are ok with mediocre offense....

They forgot what a good offense looks like or never saw one.

I'm afraid you're right. Once you've seen the best, the rest is slop.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Jun 1, 2012 at 12:37 PM ]
BRUUUUUUUUUUCE

Dude just needs to do what he does. Pro Bowl alternate last year. I'll take that every year.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He is explosive as a receiver out of the backfield, I would like to see him get 20+ catches at least, his long TD reception against Washington was the deepest pass thrown to a FB by any team last season, I can't remember William Floyd, Marc Edwards , Tommy Vardell , Marc Logan or even Tom Rathman hauling in such a long bomb ......Bruce can build on his solid rookie season , do you guys feel he will have his # called more this season ?

Fred Beasley 2003 monday night football
he is definitely capable. Will depend on how the games unfold. I feel JH will slip him in very creatively.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
He is explosive as a receiver out of the backfield, I would like to see him get 20+ catches at least, his long TD reception against Washington was the deepest pass thrown to a FB by any team last season, I can't remember William Floyd, Marc Edwards , Tommy Vardell , Marc Logan or even Tom Rathman hauling in such a long bomb ......Bruce can build on his solid rookie season , do you guys feel he will have his # called more this season ?

Fred Beasley 2003 monday night football

and he dove for it in the endzone!
This kid to me is one of the most amazing stories of the 2011 draft. To be a rookie and with only 44 days of training camp switch sides of the ball and learn an entirely different position, and then take over the starting role . . . then be named as a Pro-Bowl alternate. Friggin' amazing.

That said I don't think over the long haul he's going to get a lot more touches. He had 15 touches in 8 starts as a rookie so I could see maybe 40 this year.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
This kid to me is one of the most amazing stories of the 2011 draft. To be a rookie and with only 44 days of training camp switch sides of the ball and learn an entirely different position, and then take over the starting role . . . then be named as a Pro-Bowl alternate. Friggin' amazing.

That said I don't think over the long haul he's going to get a lot more touches. He had 15 touches in 8 starts as a rookie so I could see maybe 40 this year.

I hadn't realized all of that, WOW. He'll get more touches this year but with the passing game opening up that will limit the increase one would think. Anyway......WOW !
With all the weapons we have I say his role decreases as far as getting the ball. He will still play but I think the coaches would rather have other guys with the ball.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for pakalolo415.
Yea they'll switch him back to defensive end
Wow, there are just so many plays and so many guys to make them. But i do think Miller will be used a lot. In a running situation, when he is in to block, I look for him to get a pass. When it is an obvious passing down, I look for him to block. That is pretty close to Coach H's playcalling.
YES! FB was always a key to the great West Coast Offense of Bill Walsh. My dad and I had season tickets during the 1980's and i remember how defenses could never just write off Rathman as a lead blocker only. They had to respect his skills running the ball and catching it out of the backfield. I believe with a full offseason under Coach Rathman, Miller will become a BIG factor in our offensive success! GO NINERS!!!
Yeah he's one of the great stories on the team with his conversion and he's a great player too. He can really make good blocks in space (moving targets). He also is a fluid athlete and pass catcher. He played TE in high school, but the guy is an athlete. He will get more touches for sure, but hopefully he's making big blocks for LaMichael James, Gore, Hunter and Jacobs. I think "booby" dixon is gone.