There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs 2nd 53 man and 8 man P-Squad roster prediciton

Originally posted by HearstFan:
I agree except I think Cox is a lock as well. And my understanding was Kilgore was practicing at Center?? Maybe they keep just Kilgore as back-up for Guard and Center?

Although it seem tough to cut someone - I just don't see how they keep all the RBs - I see Rock may get cut or LMJ goes to PS.

Also, although they signed Ginn, by the end of camp with all the potential talent at returner - Cox, Williams, Owusu, LMJ, I see Ginn my well be let go.

Lastly, as much as I love the atheticism of Davis and Walker, I wish they would see the value of the "garbage man" TE to the QB and keeping drives alive.

I have Cox now as a lock, he looks great and looks like the 3rd CB, which makes us deep, as Cully is as good as him. I see Kilgore listed as 2nd Center, so he would be next man up.

I think Rock is a lock, he is a fast ST ace, if Ginn goes down again then put Rock at KR. Ginn is a lock, unless somehow the team feels fine with Williams, then he is staying. I wouldn't chance it with James, he isn't consistent, Cox should focus on CB. Also doubt James is cut, he would be swooped up, wouldn't make it to PS.

This is updated for me, locks are as follows.

QB- Alex and Kaep
RB- Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Cartwright and James
FB- Miller
WR- Crabs, Moss, Manningham, Ginn and Jenkins
TE- Vernon and Delanie
C- Goodwin and Kilgore
LG- Iupati
RG- Boone
LT- Staley
RT- A.Davis

DE- Justin, McDonald, Dobbs
NT- Sopoaga and RJF
OLB- Brooks and Aldon
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Grant and Gooden
CB- Rogers, Brown, Cully and Cox
S- Goldson, Whitner and Spillman

ST- Akers, Lee and Jennings

Thats a total of 42 locks right now.

Battles as I see it.

3rd QB- Josh Johnson vs Scott Tolzien
6th WR(If we keep 6)- Kyle Williams vs UDFAs(Palmer, Tyms and Owusu)
Possible extra TE- Konrad Reuland (Not a battle, just a decision)
7-9 OL(If 9 are kept)- Joe Looney, Leonard Davis, Jason Slowey, Mike Person and Derek Hall
6 DL- Will Tukuafu vs Ian Williams (Or both are kept since we keep only 2 actual TEs)
3rd and 4th OLB- Haralson vs Johnson vs Bakhitari
5th CB- Brock vs McBath vs Nelms vs Potential vet
4th S- Trenton Robinson vs Michael Thomas (Jones kept if we feel it's a need, which is possible)

Guys with way way long shot to make team:

FB- Dixon and Bell
WR- Swain, Hannula and Hastings
TE- Celek and Sawyer
OL- Wiggins, Netter
DL- Jerod-Eddie, Butrym and Masifilo
LB- Holland, Wilhoite and Brown
CB- Purvis and Mosley
ST- Tavecchio and Nelson

Injured/out for season on IR:

Darius Fleming (Torn ACL)
Jewel Hampton (On Non Football Injury List)
Garrett Chisolm (Placed on IR with unknown injury)

Currently 89 players on 90 man roster, with cut down to 75 coming up on the 28th I believe, so tuesday after week 3 game.
Man I'm glad some of ya'll aren't the coaches with some of the things/cuts I've read haha damn
When are the cut down dates ?
Originally posted by susweel:

28th is down to 75 or 80, I see conflicting info, during one game said 75 and on espn.com says 80, so I dont know for sure.

I think the 1st is down to 53, might be 31st, which seems odd to cut down to 75 or 80 and then a few days later down to 53.

Some obvious ones IMO as making it are below

QB- Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick

Alex's deal is guaranteed, and while I believe we can win with any QB in this system, he is the best of the bunch for now. And Kaep hasn't looked like a 2nd rd pick, and quite frankly I wouldn't put him in the top 3 QBs, but he got good bonus money so he sticks.

RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs(Active 53 or PUP), LaMichael James and Rock Cartwright

Gore isn't heading anywhere, he still has some fight left in him. Hunter seems like a new back, he is powerful, and fast as can be. Jacobs is here, whether it's 53 man or PUP to open season, James was a 2nd rd pick and needs development, and people don't know how the system works, can't put James on P-Squad, he needs to clear waivers, and no way he clears. And Rock will be our ST Ace plus a backup Returner if needed.

FB- Bruce Miller

Obvious, he has looked nice in preseason.

WR- Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, Ted Ginn Jr., and A.J. Jenkins

Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins are locks due to money owed and are talented. Moss is a lock now because he hasn't done anything wrong to deserve to be cut. Ginn is our only legit returner, no way we should go with Williams, James or anyone else to be full time returner, can't stick anyone back there, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I dont put Kyle Williams in there because I still think he has work to do.

TE- Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker

Obvious neither are heading anywhere.

OL- Goodwin, A.Davis, Staley, Iupati, Boone, Kilgore

Solid OL, needs to gel better, but we will be good in season.

DL- Justin, Sopoaga, McDonald, RJF and Dobbs

All 5 are locks, they have done or are up to level to deserve roles on team. I can see the team having Ian or Tukuafu on 53 man to open spot for another spot

LB- Aldon, Brooks, Willis, Bowman, Grant and Gooden

Same as DL, all deserve it, Haralson does if they feel ok with low cap space.

DB- Rogers, Brown, Goldson, Whitner, Cully, Cox, Spillman

Same as DL and LB, all deserve or earned in deals signed or last year play. Comes down will we keep Brock or go for a vet with better potential for now, since we are ready NOW. 4th Safety is Robinson or Thomas, with neither looking all that good.

No comment, lol.

At this point I would rather keep all 4 QBs, and go less on either LB or DL. But I think Harbaugh will decide who he thinks is best fit.
My 53 Roster -

QB: Smith/Kaepernick/Tolzien
RB: Gore/Hunter/Jacobs/James
FB: Miller
TE: Davis/Walker/Reuland

WR: Crabtree/Moss/Jenkins
WR: Manningham/Williams/Ginn

LT: Staley/Person
LG: Iupati/Looney
C: Goodwin/Kilgore
RG: Boone/Davis
RT: Davis

LE: Smith/Jean-Francois
NT: Sopoaga/Williams
RE: McDonald/Dobbs

OLB: Smith/Haralson
ILB: Willis/Grant
ILB: Bowman/Gooden
OLB: Brooks/Bakhtiari

CB: Rogers/Cox/Brock
CB: Brown/Culliver
FS: Goldson/Robinson
SS: Whitner/Spillman/Jones

ST: Akers, Lee, Jennings
Originally posted by GEEK:
My 53 Roster -

Agreed ...thats a solid team
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by susweel:

28th is down to 75 or 80, I see conflicting info, during one game said 75 and on espn.com says 80, so I dont know for sure.

I think the 1st is down to 53, might be 31st, which seems odd to cut down to 75 or 80 and then a few days later down to 53.

Some obvious ones IMO as making it are below

QB- Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick

Alex's deal is guaranteed, and while I believe we can win with any QB in this system, he is the best of the bunch for now. And Kaep hasn't looked like a 2nd rd pick, and quite frankly I wouldn't put him in the top 3 QBs, but he got good bonus money so he sticks.

RB- Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Brandon Jacobs(Active 53 or PUP), LaMichael James and Rock Cartwright

Gore isn't heading anywhere, he still has some fight left in him. Hunter seems like a new back, he is powerful, and fast as can be. Jacobs is here, whether it's 53 man or PUP to open season, James was a 2nd rd pick and needs development, and people don't know how the system works, can't put James on P-Squad, he needs to clear waivers, and no way he clears. And Rock will be our ST Ace plus a backup Returner if needed.

FB- Bruce Miller

Obvious, he has looked nice in preseason.

WR- Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, Ted Ginn Jr., and A.J. Jenkins

Crabtree, Manningham and Jenkins are locks due to money owed and are talented. Moss is a lock now because he hasn't done anything wrong to deserve to be cut. Ginn is our only legit returner, no way we should go with Williams, James or anyone else to be full time returner, can't stick anyone back there, it's a disaster waiting to happen. I dont put Kyle Williams in there because I still think he has work to do.

TE- Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker

Obvious neither are heading anywhere.

OL- Goodwin, A.Davis, Staley, Iupati, Boone, Kilgore

Solid OL, needs to gel better, but we will be good in season.

DL- Justin, Sopoaga, McDonald, RJF and Dobbs

All 5 are locks, they have done or are up to level to deserve roles on team. I can see the team having Ian or Tukuafu on 53 man to open spot for another spot

LB- Aldon, Brooks, Willis, Bowman, Grant and Gooden

Same as DL, all deserve it, Haralson does if they feel ok with low cap space.

DB- Rogers, Brown, Goldson, Whitner, Cully, Cox, Spillman

Same as DL and LB, all deserve or earned in deals signed or last year play. Comes down will we keep Brock or go for a vet with better potential for now, since we are ready NOW. 4th Safety is Robinson or Thomas, with neither looking all that good.

No comment, lol.

At this point I would rather keep all 4 QBs, and go less on either LB or DL. But I think Harbaugh will decide who he thinks is best fit.

they did 80 last year because of the short pre season

This year the cut down day is one day earlier than normal because the season starts on a Wed

Mon Aug 27th by 4pm ET teams must cut to 75 players
Fri Aug 31st by 9pm ET teams must cut to 53 players
My 53 Roster -

I like this but I think Will Tukuafu makes the roster. Might have to substitute him for Jones, Reuland or Person. Person is probably the worst out of the bunch but we probably need him more so he stays... I would decide between losing Reuland and Jones for Tukuafu. Reuland might have more potential but Dobbs might make him obsolete. Jones is strictly a ST player. Final call would be to cut Jones.
Geek, I think you come closest to what I also think the roster will be. I'm going to the Denver-Niner game this Sunday, so I'll get a good look at who the contenders & pretenders are. Bakhtiari and Ian Williams are making strong cases for themselves, which is great to see. I'll file a report of what I see after the game on Sunday.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
My 53 Roster -

I like this but I think Will Tukuafu makes the roster. Might have to substitute him for Jones, Reuland or Person. Person is probably the worst out of the bunch but we probably need him more so he stays... I would decide between losing Reuland and Jones for Tukuafu. Reuland might have more potential but Dobbs might make him obsolete. Jones is strictly a ST player. Final call would be to cut Jones.

Davis can play tackle in a pinch, though I suspect in that scenario Boone swings over and LD plays guard, send Person to the PS and keep Tuku. Aside from that, looks solid!
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 20, 2012 at 2:53 PM ]
I agree with Geek's roster...and I agree we should keep Tukuafu...but I disagree with cutting Jones..he is valuable on ST...I'd rather we cut Brock....he gets burnt the most..