ABs 2nd 53 man and 8 man P-Squad roster prediciton

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tman
  • Veteran
I can see Haralson getting released but KW will make the team fo sho
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Seriously. Its just so stupid. I remember last year people were pissed that he wanted (and got) an extension. A lot of them were saying he should be cut because he wasnt a team player because he wanted to stay here longer. They were saying how he wouldnt play the whole season and that his "shattered hip" would make him suck.
Retards.
Originally posted by Avants49:
Iddiot's who think's Haralson will get cut. What if Brooks or Smith gets hurt? Really Moran Norris!! MORAN'S!!

Nothing AB has ever said has made me think he was an idiot.
Gore would be a huge surprise cut, I can't see Harbaugh and Baalke doing that to Gore.

We could keep Haralson, but it has to be pay cut, or Justin Smith is extended and lowers his base salaries.
I am very surprised nobody really pointed out that OP has Hunter as an inactive player. There is no way Hunter is not suited up during games. In fact, I think the Niners are grooming him to be our next starter, with L. James getting 30-40% of the carries.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Seriously. Its just so stupid. I remember last year people were pissed that he wanted (and got) an extension. A lot of them were saying he should be cut because he wasnt a team player because he wanted to stay here longer. They were saying how he wouldnt play the whole season and that his "shattered hip" would make him suck.
Retards.

If you look at this bleacher report article on how mujch Adrian Peterson is overpaid, it states that elite running backs should be paid in the 5-6 million dollar a year range, no more. Frank the Tank is at 6 million a year and is in the elite category. I would vote to keep Frank on the roster, but I think the coaching staff realizes if they can use the other RB's and Frank on a rotational basis, the intensity of Franks Running can be best utilized in January. My vote goes for 4 RB's on the roster, keep Frank, and go niners.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/967523-minnesota-vikings-adrian-peterson-how-much-is-elite-running-back-truly-worth
Cutting Gore would be stupid and f**ked up.

He's not getting cut after a 1200 yard season. But with James and Hunter waiting in the wings, I think 2012 is probably Gore's last chance for a ring with the 49ers.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Retards.

Very mature. That's what warnings are for.
Originally posted by DVDA:
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Mentally handicapped.

Better?
I didnt say anyone in specific, so that doesnt warrant a warning.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Mentally handicapped.

Better?

So instead of calling a specific poster a retard you called multiple people from this thread retards. That makes perfect sense as to why you don't deserve to be warned.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
I'd rather cut Gore than Haralson, that's for certain.

No offense Frank, but you were below average last year and made a lot of money.
damn, you are making me think about turning on gore with your logic. Still i want to make sure we will be ok and I do not want to ax him "hoping" a committee can take up the slack.

dont get better by cutting good players.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Evilgenius:
Originally posted by 9erred:
While we all are arm chair GM's, and I truly agree with 90% of your roster moves AB, there is no way Parys Haralson is cut, and I believe he wil not take a pay cut. He was the starter last year on a stingy defense, OLB is a very important position in the 3-4, an Harbaugh mentioned that they would not risk having only 1 back up OLB this year like last. His cap number is not bad considering he will be utilized every game day.

I personally see the niners restructuring Willis, extending Justing Smith, to make a little more cap room.

I also will say the 7th round tender for Larry Grant is looking a lot wiser now. I was one of the zoners screaming for the 1.7 million 2nd round tender, the 500K saved is now important.

We will see, but I am sticking with my guns that Tolzien beats out Josh Johsnon. Tolzien is cheaper towards the cap, could be a great long term career back up, and potential starter. Harbaugh has shown that he has no loyalty to his former players, he will pick the players that fit what is right for 2012. My opinion is that they will opt for the cap savings of Tolzien over Johnson. Just my 2 cents. Thx for the salary info, it puts a lot of things into perspective.

Cut Gore, he is slowing down and runningbacks are easily replaceable. Hunter can handle all of his pass blocking responsibilities and the trio of Jacobs, Hunter, and James will be more deadly than having Frank on the field every play. There is your cap savings AB.

QB(3): Smith, Kaepernick, Johnson
RB(4): Hunter, Jacobs, James, Cartwright(ST)
FB(1): Miller
TE(3): Davis, Walker, Byham
WR(5): Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Ginn(ST)
T(3): Staley, Davis, Person
G(4): Iupati, Boone, Looney, Slowey
C(2): Goodwin, Kilgore

DE(4): Smith, McDonald, Tukuafu, Dobbs
NT(2): Sopoaga, Jean-Francois
OLB(4): Brooks, Smith, Haralson, Johnson/Bakhtiari/Brown
ILB(4): Willis, Bowman, Grant, Gooden, Holland(ST)
CB(5): Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock/Holcomb
S(5): Goldson, Whitner, Spillman, Robinson, Jones(ST)

K: Akers
P: Lee
LS: Jennings

Inactives: CB Brock/Holcomb, OLB Johnson/Bakhtiari/Brown, QB Johnson, OL Slowey, G Looney, TE Byham

PS: RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, OL Hall, C Beeler, NT Williams, DB Nelms, OLB Johnson/Brown

I'd rather cut Gore than Haralson, that's for certain.

No offense Frank, but you were below average last year and made a lot of money.
**** Willis is making alot this year to free up money for future years, this will give the team the option of extending Bowman and Justin Smith in the near future so they will not touch Willis contract.

** Frank Gore is still a productive back and will make this team. Brandon Jacobs and Anthony Dixon and Rock Cartwright have to fight for spots on this team.

$$$ Kyle Williams has a strong shot to replace Ginn next year unless somebody steps up during the off season.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Gore would be a huge surprise cut, I can't see Harbaugh and Baalke doing that to Gore.

We could keep Haralson, but it has to be pay cut, or Justin Smith is extended and lowers his base salaries.

This is the way to go. Extend Justin Smith then Bowman next year.
Cut Gore?. . . . . . .

Mentally handicapped.

Better?

Wrong. Inflammatory posting, whether aimed at individuals, groups or the whole zone can warrant a warning.

And I saw your post before your change. Actually, calling your fellow 49ers supporters mentally handicapped is just as offensive as calling them retards.

Any further insult, and there has been more than one in this thread, will be vigorously reacted against.

Please take any further discussion on this out of this thread to the pm facility.

Thank you.
Share 49ersWebzone