There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs 2nd 53 man and 8 man P-Squad roster prediciton

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Kyle Williams has to go. Not everyone is as sympathetic towards his failure as the people on this board. His presence would be a distraction. Best let Williams get a new start someplace else.
a distraction to whom?it has not been any distraction for the team, the players or for kyle so far. they are not distracted. They are working and he is fielding punts. It is only a problem for fans and the fans are not important nor do they matter when it comes to decisions on players on the team.some want him to go but that does not mean he has to go. If he goes it will have nothing to do with the giants game and that is the way it should be
Safe to say the competition will be very intense...and we could see some changes in b/u players. For example, this kid Jerrod-Edie from T A&M could make the roster...he's the right size to be Sopoaga's eventual replacement. Could stash him on PS, but there again, he'd be vulnerable to get plucked by any other team. The smallish OLB Holland from Purdue could make the team on ST talent alone. Kid's a real playmaker. Another possibility is Deante Purvis...KR skills, RB, CB, guy's versatile and could make an impact on ST's. It wouldn't be surprising to see 6 WR's...Harbaugh has said as much. So, it's really premature to be talking final roster spots...competition can sometimes yield unexpected results.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Cut Gore, he is slowing down and runningbacks are easily replaceable. Hunter can handle all of his pass blocking responsibilities and the trio of Jacobs, Hunter, and James will be more deadly than having Frank on the field every play. There is your cap savings AB.

QB(3): Smith, Kaepernick, Johnson
RB(4): Hunter, Jacobs, James, Cartwright(ST)
FB(1): Miller
TE(3): Davis, Walker, Byham
WR(5): Crabtree, Moss, Manningham, Jenkins, Ginn(ST)
T(3): Staley, Davis, Person
G(4): Iupati, Boone, Looney, Slowey
C(2): Goodwin, Kilgore

DE(4): Smith, McDonald, Tukuafu, Dobbs
NT(2): Sopoaga, Jean-Francois
OLB(4): Brooks, Smith, Haralson, Johnson/Bakhtiari/Brown
ILB(4): Willis, Bowman, Grant, Gooden, Holland(ST)
CB(5): Rogers, Brown, Culliver, Cox, Brock/Holcomb
S(5): Goldson, Whitner, Spillman, Robinson, Jones(ST)

K: Akers
P: Lee
LS: Jennings

Inactives: CB Brock/Holcomb, OLB Johnson/Bakhtiari/Brown, QB Johnson, OL Slowey, G Looney, TE Byham

PS: RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, OL Hall, C Beeler, NT Williams, DB Nelms, OLB Johnson/Brown
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
You think parys haralson will get cut? I also think Kyle Williams will make the team.

This. Haralson and Williams make the team.

This +1.I want experience at the olb position,unless the rook plays lightsout in camp.
Boy, there will be tough decisions to be made. Can't we make some trades in order to elevate the quality of our personnel?

We are stacked at some positions and a little thin at other spots. Williams is a case in point of having a marketable commodity.

No way get a player who has extensive experience at center, but can play elsewhere on the line, if needed? We are lacking at that position.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
You think parys haralson will get cut? I also think Kyle Williams will make the team.

This. Haralson and Williams make the team.

Kyle Williams has to go. Not everyone is as sympathetic towards his failure as the people on this board. His presence would be a distraction.

I dont believe its about sympathy.I personally feel dude is ok talent wise.showed flashes last year.

So far as this distraction you speak of,most athletes have short memories.I also dont see dude bein that significant for the media to keep askin the same ??'s of our guys for it to become a distraction either.

Thats IF he stays.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DVDA:
Cut Gore, he is slowing down and runningbacks are easily replaceable. Hunter can handle all of his pass blocking responsibilities and the trio of Jacobs, Hunter, and James will be more deadly than having Frank on the field every play. There is your cap savings AB.

Inactives: CB Brock/Holcomb, OLB Johnson/Bakhtiari/Brown, QB Johnson, OL Slowey, G Looney, TE Byham

PS: RB Hampton, WR Owusu, WR Palmer, OL Hall, C Beeler, NT Williams, DB Nelms, OLB Johnson/Brown
well sometimes the right decision is not the popular decision.I think i would like frank around another year just in case jacobs sux, hunter has a relapse and the rookie is still finding his way however i would not totally discount your theory if I remove sentiment
Originally posted by 9erred:
While we all are arm chair GM's, and I truly agree with 90% of your roster moves AB, there is no way Parys Haralson is cut, and I believe he wil not take a pay cut. He was the starter last year on a stingy defense, OLB is a very important position in the 3-4, an Harbaugh mentioned that they would not risk having only 1 back up OLB this year like last. His cap number is not bad considering he will be utilized every game day.

I personally see the niners restructuring Willis, extending Justing Smith, to make a little more cap room.

I also will say the 7th round tender for Larry Grant is looking a lot wiser now. I was one of the zoners screaming for the 1.7 million 2nd round tender, the 500K saved is now important.

We will see, but I am sticking with my guns that Tolzien beats out Josh Johsnon. Tolzien is cheaper towards the cap, could be a great long term career back up, and potential starter. Harbaugh has shown that he has no loyalty to his former players, he will pick the players that fit what is right for 2012. My opinion is that they will opt for the cap savings of Tolzien over Johnson. Just my 2 cents. Thx for the salary info, it puts a lot of things into perspective.

I'd rather cut Gore than Haralson, that's for certain.

No offense Frank, but you were below average last year and made a lot of money.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Evilgenius:

damn, you are making me think about turning on gore with your logic. Still i want to make sure we will be ok and I do not want to ax him "hoping" a committee can take up the slack.
Originally posted by 9erred:
While we all are arm chair GM's, and I truly agree with 90% of your roster moves AB, there is no way Parys Haralson is cut, and I believe he wil not take a pay cut. He was the starter last year on a stingy defense, OLB is a very important position in the 3-4, an Harbaugh mentioned that they would not risk having only 1 back up OLB this year like last. His cap number is not bad considering he will be utilized every game day.

I personally see the niners restructuring Willis, extending Justing Smith, to make a little more cap room.

I also will say the 7th round tender for Larry Grant is looking a lot wiser now. I was one of the zoners screaming for the 1.7 million 2nd round tender, the 500K saved is now important.

We will see, but I am sticking with my guns that Tolzien beats out Josh Johsnon. Tolzien is cheaper towards the cap, could be a great long term career back up, and potential starter. Harbaugh has shown that he has no loyalty to his former players, he will pick the players that fit what is right for 2012. My opinion is that they will opt for the cap savings of Tolzien over Johnson. Just my 2 cents. Thx for the salary info, it puts a lot of things into perspective.

Are you f*ckin kidding? Below average? He had his second best season ever. 1211 yards, 4.3 average, 8 TD's. He also had his lowest fumble total since he became a starter.
How the hell do you come up with below average? Its just completely retarded.
Frank is such a classy dude, makes it tough to cut him, unless the other running backs are able to demonstrate a much higher potential.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Frank is such a classy dude, makes it tough to cut him, unless the other running backs are able to demonstrate a much higher potential.
yes. when making this decision we must remove all emotion and operate only on logic.que mr spock
Originally posted by cciowa:

damn, you are making me think about turning on gore with your logic. Still i want to make sure we will be ok and I do not want to ax him "hoping" a committee can take up the slack.

since when is rushing for 1200 yards (his 2nd best season) average?
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
yes. when making this decision we must remove all emotion and operate only on logic.que mr spock

Yes, logic is not cutting one of your top 2 players on offense.
Iddiot's who think's Haralson will get cut. What if Brooks or Smith gets hurt? Really Moran Norris!! MORAN'S!!