LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

My first 49ers highlight vid (a re-edited version of "What A Season - 2011" with

Shop Find 49ers gear online

My first 49ers highlight vid (a re-edited version of "What A Season - 2011" with

Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
So........ you basically just used this guys' video with narration?

Wow yeah the OP receives no credit for this

The original edit was done by NFL Films, the other edits including my own are either simple or advanced versions of that original edit. When you watch my re edited version you'll find it's a few minutes shorter, with scenes and audio cut and taken out of sequence and reorganized to fit a voice-over narration, which is my voice by the way. To suggest I just stole somebody else's work and took credit for it is just an uneducated bash against my character. What I did is no different than remixing somebody else's song with my vocals added in. No it's not my song per say, but it's still my work and it is only done for practice not to peddle or solicit. And by the way full credit as well as stated copyright law is given on the YouTube page when I uploaded it... I just wanted to find a video to add my voice and get your opinion… Didn't think I'd have to give a lesson in copyright law, but thanks for your concern and sorry for any confusion.

Go Niners!!!

Then when people are giving YOU credit for the original uploader's work the decent thing to do is to correct THEM and re-direct them to the original video, but at the same time elaborate more on your own cut. Which i see you did!

The original edit was done by NFL Films, the other edits including my own are either simple or advanced versions of that original edit. When you watch my re edited version you'll find it's a few minutes shorter, with scenes and audio cut and taken out of sequence and reorganized to fit a voice-over narration, which is my voice by the way. To suggest I just stole somebody else's work and took credit for it is just an uneducated bash against my character. What I did is no different than remixing somebody else's song with my vocals added in. No it's not my song per say, but it's still my work and it is only done for practice not to peddle or solicit. And by the way full credit as well as stated copyright law is given on the YouTube page when I uploaded it... I just wanted to find a video to add my voice and get your opinion… Didn't think I'd have to give a lesson in copyright law, but thanks for your concern and sorry for any confusion.

Go Niners!!!

Then when people are giving YOU credit for the original uploader's work the decent thing to do is to correct THEM and re-direct them to the original video, but at the same time elaborate more on your own cut. Which i see you did!

Gotta agree here. No harm tho.

As I have made several of my own vids for youtube using raw game video captured myself, it kinda blows when somebody takes my work, cuts a few things here or there and then presents it as their own.

There is no law against it (although using NFL footage at all is a copyright problem), it's just bad form.

I do understand tho how hard it is to get high quality footage to edit together, so I understand why peeps grab video from youtube to edit. Thats why I capture all my own stuff...I want it all and to be able to make my own choices (even tho some peeps think those choices suck). ;-)
Going to piggyback off your thread!

https://vimeo.com/43148294
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Go Niners!!!

Gotta agree here. No harm tho.

As I have made several of my own vids for youtube using raw game video captured myself, it kinda blows when somebody takes my work, cuts a few things here or there and then presents it as their own.

There is no law against it (although using NFL footage at all is a copyright problem), it's just bad form.

I do understand tho how hard it is to get high quality footage to edit together, so I understand why peeps grab video from youtube to edit. Thats why I capture all my own stuff...I want it all and to be able to make my own choices (even tho some peeps think those choices suck). ;-)

Here that, I'm hoping I can get the raw footage straight from the NFL. Might have to do a summer internship in New Jersey at NFL Films to pull that off....
Share 49ersWebzone