There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Picked to win SB

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,858
It all comes down to Alex. We can't rely on our D and ST playing at the same level as last year. We also can't rely on being injury free all season (knock on wood) as well as having a TO differential like last year.

We really need Alex to put up better numbers offensively. I''m fine with him throwing a few more INT's if he has more passing yards, TD's and a better 3rd down efficiency.
Exactly, Amir. So if he doesn't succeed with crbtre, AJ, Moss, mario, La Michael, Vernon, Delanie, hunter and frank....well, that's what we got backup QBs for. My money is on alex tho. We'll know by the 3rd, maybe 4th game. But i think he comes thru.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Exactly, Amir. So if he doesn't succeed with crbtre, AJ, Moss, mario, La Michael, Vernon, Delanie, hunter and frank....well, that's what we got backup QBs for. My money is on alex tho. We'll know by the 3rd, maybe 4th game. But i think he comes thru.

They are back ups for a reason...
If the 49ers are in the top half of the league in offense, then we will be in a very good spot to win it. We were 11th in points scored per game last season, but that was mainly because of our SP and Defense. I hope this year our offense can win us some games. We definitely have all the tools, it just depends whether we use them or not.
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
if everything goes right we will have no problem bringing the superbowl back its rightful home!

Here Here!!!

Qouted for the cool look
Originally posted by Youngb:
If the 49ers are in the top half of the league in offense, then we will be in a very good spot to win it. We were 11th in points scored per game last season, but that was mainly because of our SP and Defense. I hope this year our offense can win us some games. We definitely have all the tools, it just depends whether we use them or not.

offense won us 1/3 of the regular season games, defense won the remaining 2/3... playoffs offense carried us in neworleans, defense carried us in NYG.
49ers have a rough road, but they can weather the storm better than most teams in the league
if we don't win week one , we are not contenders . We need to go to Lambo field and beat Green Bay to be contenders.
Originally posted by cNiner:
if we don't win week one , we are not contenders . We need to go to Lambo field and beat Green Bay to be contenders.

lol srsly?
Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by cNiner:
if we don't win week one , we are not contenders . We need to go to Lambo field and beat Green Bay to be contenders.

lol srsly?

this

0 logic
I think they're still contenders even if they don't win in Green Bay. But, they get to go back there in good weather and winning in Green Bay to start the season would be a tremendous start. It would send an immediate message that the Niners are for real and last season was not an aberration. It would immediately psyche out the Lions. It would place the Niners in the same space as the Giants and it would be the first time the Packers have lost two in a row at Lambeau in a very long time. Rodgers would be royally pissed and would immediately start pressing. Harbaugh has more time to scheme for this game than any other they will play this year.
Ive been saying this for years
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,732
I'm guessing we lose to the pack in lambeau in the NFC championship game. Just being real. They have Aaron Rodgers, who can win it all with no D at all, and now their D is better. I'm hopeful though that we get a sixth, which we should have gotten last year. We would have beaten the Pats in the SB this last round.
Why do people think the schedule is tougher this year? I see us losing in Green Bay and in New England with a 14-2 record. Say we lose to Green Bay, we might not lose a game after that until the end of the season against New England. Slim chance one of either the Bears or Lions beat us so that leaves us at 13-3.
Shaj, that is a great reason to have best W/L record in NFC...so we don't HAVE TO play the Pack in Lambeau in Jan. I will say this about our first game. We haven't had a 1st game this tough in several decades. GB went heavy on D this yr, but there is no way their D outplays ours. Our weakspot is so much stronger this yr (RZ and 3rd down conversions) that this 1st game could tell us just how good this team can be. I've posted it elsewhere but 49ers 30-24.