There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Frank Gore Still Going to be Frank Gore?

Originally posted by Garcia:
Even if Fronk Gare

lol where did this stuff come from lol, the even if gire stuff, i see it everyday and laugh but what's the origin?
I love Gire. But he wasn't himself in the playoffs. Mabey he'll be himself if he is truely rested by the end of the season. So he must learn to share with the other children.
Originally posted by MertonHanksneck:
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
No, he's gonna be Gire

Well, yeah, obviously.

I don't think so.
I think he will still be productive but not as effective as before.

I think this year we see more Khunt and LMJ

If Frank can't be as effective as before the passing game will need to pick up the slack. I hope everyone is ready for more Alex Smith.

Sweet! I love seeing Khunt!!!!!

a Khunt with VD and Crabs will devastate any D.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never doubt Frank Gore's ability.

Remember the beginning of last year when everyone (myself included) wondered if he was washed up?

Well after that he rattled off five straight 100 yards games.

He was banged up at the end of last year, as they ran him into the ground like they do every year.

My hope is that with sharing the load, fewer snaps, and staying fresher (healthier too) he'll be even more effective.

Don't ever count Frank out.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
If there's one thing I've learned, it's to never doubt Frank Gore's ability.

Remember the beginning of last year when everyone (myself included) wondered if he was washed up?

Well after that he rattled off five straight 100 yards games.

He was banged up at the end of last year, as they ran him into the ground like they do every year.

My hope is that with sharing the load, fewer snaps, and staying fresher (healthier too) he'll be even more effective.

Don't ever count Frank out.

Agree.

I think at some point late in the year, we should start Jacobs/Hunter/James in games and have Gore as the relief back.

Imagine early '11 Gore in the '12 playoffs??
Originally posted by 228niner:
Even if Fronk Gare

lol where did this stuff come from lol, the even if gire stuff, i see it everyday and laugh but what's the origin?

Someone started a thread title with "Frank Gire" and I think it stuck from there.........I believe this was mid to late '11.
I have no doubt Frank can still perform at an all-pro level. But only when he is fresh and healthy. At almost 30, the bumps and bruises wont heal as quickly and I don't think he will be effective taking 20+ hand-offs a game.

Ideally, I'd like to see Frank get 40-50% of the offensive snaps with Hunter, James, and Jacobs splitting the rest. He will also benefit from a more balanced offense with more emphasis on the passing game.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:
I love Gire. But he wasn't himself in the playoffs. Mabey he'll be himself if he is truely rested by the end of the season. So he must learn to share with the other children.

He ran for 5.7 yards per carry in the playoffs and led our team in post season rush yards.
Can't wait for Gore to prove he still has it.
Originally posted by PA49ersfan:

Actually, Frank was very effective in the playoffs. He averaged 5.6 yards on 29 carries for 163 yards. Add to that 13 receptions for 83 yards.
Maybe he can leagally change his name to World War III.
If it came down to it, i want the ball in Gore's hands out of all 4 of them. that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Frank has an interview in the Merc, talking about the newly crowded backfield in which he reins. Frank gave Brandon Jacobs a veteran's respect; welcoming him to the team, and also noting his "great career in New York". He was much more measured in his assessment of LaMichael James showing a healthy amount of skepticism about the new kid on the 'blocks ability to contribute, tempering all of his praises, stating that LaMichael was "a pretty good college player", that he had "watched a little film on", and who had " a little toughness in him for a little guy".

Not exactly high praise for someone who may be taking a sizable load out of Frank's workload this season. Is Frank overconfident? Can he really hold off LaMichael, and Kendall, and Brandon, and continue to be the "bell cow"? Can Frank still be Frank?

Do you mean is Frank going to do the following:
1. Break a long run only to tire out after 50 yards slow down and get caught from behind?
2. Run so hard that he is done after 10 games.
3. Play injured which does not help the team.
4. Be worn out before the play offs.

I think number 1 will happen. Number 2-4 can be prevented by using Gore sparingly on a rotation basis. It is my firm belief that is why they brought in Jacobs and drafted Lemichael James. The Niners want a 100% Gore going into the post season.
dont we get a thread like this every few months
Gore will still be Gore...but, I doubt he'll get the number of carries/touches he's used to. Having a full and varied backfield opens up the offense to his competition...which should benefit him and the entire offense.