LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Screw TO. He started the Niners decline before Harbaugh saved the franchise.

Oh how so, I think you forget that it was Donahue who purged this franchise of its key veterans. Donahue was the one that executed a ridiculous trade with Owens and Philly. If anything all TO wanted was a long term contract.
TO your done, you burnt bridges wherever you went except maybe the Bengals. Hopefully you learned a lesson in life. Shut your mouth as when you open it nothing comes out that is at the least bit intelligent. Act like an ass treated like an ass.
RELEASE KYLE WILLIAMS AND SIGN TO

CAPS LOCK
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
RELEASE KYLE WILLIAMS AND SIGN TO

CAPS LOCK

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Oh how so, I think you forget that it was Donahue who purged this franchise of its key veterans. Donahue was the one that executed a ridiculous trade with Owens and Philly. If anything all TO wanted was a long term contract.

Theres no point in arguing with people about TO. They have their preconceived notions about him. They buy into whatever the media says. Owens was a great 49er, and for someone to say that he started the Niners decline is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Theres no point in arguing with people about TO. They have their preconceived notions about him. They buy into whatever the media says. Owens was a great 49er, and for someone to say that he started the Niners decline is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

He didn't start it, but he helped it. He whined and cried about everything. He turned into a major @$$hole, and DIVA. He threw Mooch and Garcia under the bus. I never want TO anywhere near this team. He has only himself to blame for his failures. He screwed himself.

he did not help. that's for sure.

was the "Team Obliterator" stuff overblow? probably. but you can't deny there's some level of truth behind it. there's already one headache risk with moss on the team. not sure if the risk is worth the reward.

but maybe he's matured
I love me some TO, but I think Moss' playing style is better suited for longevity in the NFL and gives us something we need. I'd take TO over Randy in their prime, but probably not now.
I do not understand how zoners have supported Alex Smith for so long and bashed TO. The guy had a mouth, celebrated his TD's and called out his QB's when they sucked. he didnt beat his wife, get DUI's or any other legal matters.... He was part of a DIVA era at WR... If we dont sign him for a contract, he should be signed for the right to retire a 49er. He earned every penny we paid him and management didnt want to pay him fair value during a rebuild when his rookie contract was up...I loved TO, and have rooted for him everywhere he went. As I did Montana, Rice ect....
Originally posted by davidboutte:
I do not understand how zoners have supported Alex Smith for so long and bashed TO. The guy had a mouth, celebrated his TD's and called out his QB's when they sucked. he didnt beat his wife, get DUI's or any other legal matters.... He was part of a DIVA era at WR... If we dont sign him for a contract, he should be signed for the right to retire a 49er. He earned every penny we paid him and management didnt want to pay him fair value during a rebuild when his rookie contract was up...I loved TO, and have rooted for him everywhere he went. As I did Montana, Rice ect....

i don't really hate TO. but disrupting the hierarchy (i.e. bad mouthing QB's) goes a long way in building trust, chemistry, camaraderie yeah that kind of stuff happens all the time, but you have to keep it in the locker room. he had every right to speak his mind yeah, but speak to the right people. he should have understood how the media is.

i had no problems with the celebrations. but if he wanted the spotlight on him, he should know that the microscope was going to be on him too.... and well... see previous paragraph..........

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

He didn't start it, but he helped it. He whined and cried about everything. He turned into a major @$$hole, and DIVA. He threw Mooch and Garcia under the bus. I never want TO anywhere near this team. He has only himself to blame for his failures. He screwed himself.

Show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus. Just one.

Let me save you the time. IT DOESNT EXIST. Anything negative that TO may have said about someone was said after he was no longer affiliated with the team that said player/coach was on. He never once spoke badly of Jeff Garcia or Steve Mariucci when he was a 49er. Not one single time.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus. Just one.

Let me save you the time. IT DOESNT EXIST. Anything negative that TO may have said about someone was said after he was no longer affiliated with the team that said player/coach was on. He never once spoke badly of Jeff Garcia or Steve Mariucci when he was a 49er. Not one single time.

2001 - After blowing a 19-point lead in Chicago and losing in overtime, the disgruntled receiver accused head coach Steve Mariucci of protecting good friend Dick Jauron, head coach of the Bears

2003 - Following a bumpy season that included several sideline tirades by Owens, he and the team decided to part ways.

Aside from the above Terrell Owens was a total distraction by doing everything he could to absorb attention away from his team to himself. I'm not saying Ownes shouldn't get a second chance. I believe in second chances and I'd to see him get one. But for you to say "show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus".... man listen, it's not what owens said in the papers on the verge of his release -- it was his behavior while on the team. Besides, we don't know what he said in the locker room.

Kolohe, Donahue actually blocked the Philly trade and counter trade with the ravens then Owens appealed to the union an won his trade to Philly
funny

Terrell was like that Hot girl in high school who was a psycho.
You loved her, but she was batshti crazy

Fast forward and the hot girl is still single nowadays, but lost some of her looks, desperate, and needy.
Listen to the lyrics...

Share 49ersWebzone