There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
The NFL has effectively blackballed the man. I really feel sorry for the guy and truly hope that he gets another shot - just not with the 49ers. But I have to say this is something he brought into himself. NFL teams are increasingly becoming less tolerant of TO-type personalities on their rosters, at least the good ones are at least. I think TO should count his lessons & blessings and look for another league to play in. He still has a lot left in the tank but the NFL is just not interested in him.

you are funny... owens has blackballed himself. he destroyed locker rooms and destroyed chemistry with garcia, mcnabb and romo. owens never wants to take responsibility and he also paints himself as the victim. I guess some of his fans , sad to say, feel the same way.you really think all the teams in the nfl got together on a cold dark rainy night and agreed not to give owens a look or a tryout? You really think that? Not only is he to much trouble and drama,, he is old, he drops balls and is coming off a major injury. There is no reason for us to even think about looking at him. Our coach says moss is not only doing well on the practice field but is a coach off of the field. we are much better with our current wide outs and why in the world would we ever take a step backwards in looking at owens. it will not and should not happen

This man does speak the truth. Doesn't mean we as a people need to hate Owens or laugh at his situation. I personally like the man, and think he has a decent person inside of him. He may very well have grown up by now and accepted the error of his ways. Still hard to respect the immaturity, selfishness, and failure as a father he portrays. So, no question... he has to sleep in this bed he made. If a team loses some key WRs to injury.... even if we (knock on wood) lose key WRs to injury... I would not mind us taking a look at him. If a team does pick him up, I'll wish him well, unless he starts acting a fool once more.
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by MILFS:
let's sign him!!!

And cut... who exactly?
KW lol
Originally posted by NickSh49:
let's sign him!!!

And cut... who exactly?
KW lol

And then who else...?
Originally posted by cciowa:
The NFL has effectively blackballed the man. I really feel sorry for the guy and truly hope that he gets another shot - just not with the 49ers. But I have to say this is something he brought into himself. NFL teams are increasingly becoming less tolerant of TO-type personalities on their rosters, at least the good ones are at least. I think TO should count his lessons & blessings and look for another league to play in. He still has a lot left in the tank but the NFL is just not interested in him.

you are funny... owens has blackballed himself. he destroyed locker rooms and destroyed chemistry with garcia, mcnabb and romo. owens never wants to take responsibility and he also paints himself as the victim. I guess some of his fans , sad to say, feel the same way.you really think all the teams in the nfl got together on a cold dark rainy night and agreed not to give owens a look or a tryout? You really think that? Not only is he to much trouble and drama,, he is old, he drops balls and is coming off a major injury. There is no reason for us to even think about looking at him. Our coach says moss is not only doing well on the practice field but is a coach off of the field. we are much better with our current wide outs and why in the world would we ever take a step backwards in looking at owens. it will not and should not happen

Please tell me that you don't think I feel that TO is getting the raw end in this. I don't think teams got together and said don't bring this guy back in the league. Like I said before, NFL teams are loosing tolerance for the TO-type. Thats why I said he's been blackballed, effectively; that is, no NFL teams gonna go anywhere near him, even if they need a WR. And that's a reality that TO himself created. Now, from a human aspect of this I do have empathy for the guy. I hope he can find a team that will hire him - just not my 49ers. I never want to see a man not able to make a living at what he does best.
Screw TO. He started the Niners decline before Harbaugh saved the franchise.
Don't need him... Forget his ass
f**k that clown, we don't need his drama
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
that ship has sailed.
maybe as a janitor?
No thanks, T.O. it looks like your calling is arena football these days. lol
[ Edited by Candlestick_Monsta on May 21, 2012 at 5:35 AM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He needs to be kept as far away from Alex as possible.
I wonder if everyone would still be bashing Owens had we signed him instead of moss.

Please tell me that you don't think I feel that TO is getting the raw end in this. I don't think teams got together and said don't bring this guy back in the league. Like I said before, NFL teams are loosing tolerance for the TO-type. Thats why I said he's been blackballed, effectively; that is, no NFL teams gonna go anywhere near him, even if they need a WR. And that's a reality that TO himself created. Now, from a human aspect of this I do have empathy for the guy. I hope he can find a team that will hire him - just not my 49ers. I never want to see a man not able to make a living at what he does best.

man i totally agree that TO is responsible for this downfall. but you have to feel sorry for the guy as one does any other human being. he did have 80 mill and through bad financial investments and being misled he lost his money. i dont find that hard to believe at all. if you're a football player or athlete you dont know anything about the financial world and pay guys you think are trustworthy to take care of that side while you focus on the field. Terrell has some redeeming qualities as he hasn't been a problem criminally but needs to improve on being a father as he didn't have one and should know how difficult it is. but then again he probably got trapped by those women which is again partly his fault. all in all, his story is no different then many athletes that are stars and have a less then graceful exit from the spot light. i just wonder how many of us would fall into similar circumstances if we were given all this power, money, fame, and attention from such a young age. i can say for myself i would probably not be the person i am in some ways. instead of casting a stone maybe we should just hope that he gets his life back on track. and if for some reason we sign him and plays for us again, i will say that i for one would be happy to have him back. because outside of the GOAT no one was a more dynamic reciever and had as many dimensions to his game as TO did. ofcourse he would need to behave and be the Terrell Owens not TO.
32 teams received the same email from TO
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I wonder if everyone would still be bashing Owens had we signed him instead of moss.
I didn't want - and still don't want - Moss or TO. I don't think anyone is bashing TO. Just stating that he did this to himself.