There are 166 users in the forums

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NickV:
LMFAO

What an absolutely HORRIFIC trade. What in the hell was Donahue thinking. FFS

TO was a free agent but the agent messed up the paperwork

The case was going to arbitration over whether TO was a FO and Donahue (I hate him too even though Bill hand picked his LA-living golf-playing arse) got what he could

Dem were some dark days in 49er land
The NFL has effectively blackballed the man. I really feel sorry for the guy and truly hope that he gets another shot - just not with the 49ers. But I have to say this is something he brought into himself. NFL teams are increasingly becoming less tolerant of TO-type personalities on their rosters, at least the good ones are at least. I think TO should count his lessons & blessings and look for another league to play in. He still has a lot left in the tank but the NFL is just not interested in him.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
The NFL has effectively blackballed the man. I really feel sorry for the guy and truly hope that he gets another shot - just not with the 49ers. But I have to say this is something he brought into himself. NFL teams are increasingly becoming less tolerant of TO-type personalities on their rosters, at least the good ones are at least. I think TO should count his lessons & blessings and look for another league to play in. He still has a lot left in the tank but the NFL is just not interested in him.

Blackballed implies a conspiracy but I doubt teams have even talked about TO let alone conspired to keep him unemployed. Rather, he locked himself out of the NFL by being an unstable and destabilizing personality. I believe he will likely get a shot by a team like the Jets who have an egomaniacally driven coach who wants attention. And I really won't count TO out as a receiver if he has recovered sufficiently from his injuries because he has amazing recovery ability.
Bring him in work him out. Roster upgrade is always needed.
Not just "No thank you" but "hell no a$$hole" Cancer free Niners keep it that way. Washed up, pathetic clown needs child support money for his 4 babies with 4 momma's.
Wait thats 1 baby for each team he played with, is 1 mamma from SF, Dallas, Phili, and Cinci? What a idiot, only thing I loved about him was when he stood on the Cowboys Star TWO times lol.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Blackballed implies a conspiracy but I doubt teams have even talked about TO let alone conspired to keep him unemployed. Rather, he locked himself out of the NFL by being an unstable and destabilizing personality. I believe he will likely get a shot by a team like the Jets who have an egomaniacally driven coach who wants attention. And I really won't count TO out as a receiver if he has recovered sufficiently from his injuries because he has amazing recovery ability.
Hence the word "effectively" was used. But he has locked himself out of the league with his antics. Don't know about him going to the Jets though. They have enough personalities as it is. If they pick up TO I'd have to say they are a glutton for punishment.
Hence the word "effectively" was used. But he has locked himself out of the league with his antics. Don't know about him going to the Jets though. They have enough personalities as it is. If they pick up TO I'd have to say they are a glutton for punishment.

that's still not blackballing. No one is effectively blackballing me out of the league either, they just have no interest in someone who would be a detriment to their team. Barry Bonds, on the other hand...
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Baffles me that people are so anti TO. Dude has balled out in every situation he has ever been in. One of the best wide receivers to ever play the game. Gave us some great memories (have you guys forgotten?). Bring him on board. Why not?
It baffles me you don't know the reason. I'll just say he's extremely selfish, leave it at that.
[ Edited by SFrush on May 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM ]
let's sign him!!!

Jets coach is the type of guy who revels in chaos and thinks he can win with talent no matter the character of the player--thus the example. There are other teams who may take a stab at TO but I'm not sure how many or how desperate each team is. If he doesn't get a nibble I will be very surprised.

Funny thing about these egocentric WRs is that they are so different in their disruptive antics. Moss quit at times and really let his team down, but it was usually during times when the team was not likely to win. TO plays his heart out but causes chaos in the clubhouse, and Ochocinco is funny to me but if I were his QB I'm not sure he would live very long. Harbaugh seems to have a good sense of who he can work with and isn't shy cutting those who don't work out--Edwards.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't see what harm "kicking the tires" could do. He was really productive in Cincy before tearing his ACL last year. I'm still fond of him, I HATE The Packers soo much and the Catch 2 means He'll always have a spot in my heart.
[ Edited by tmpluff on May 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM ]
Originally posted by MILFS:
let's sign him!!!

And cut... who exactly?
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Not just "No thank you" but "hell no a$$hole" Cancer free Niners keep it that way. Washed up, pathetic clown needs child support money for his 4 babies with 4 momma's.
Wait thats 1 baby for each team he played with, is 1 mamma from SF, Dallas, Phili, and Cinci? What a idiot, only thing I loved about him was when he stood on the Cowboys Star TWO times lol.

Go Niners!

He played in Buffalo too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

you are funny... owens has blackballed himself. he destroyed locker rooms and destroyed chemistry with garcia, mcnabb and romo. owens never wants to take responsibility and he also paints himself as the victim. I guess some of his fans , sad to say, feel the same way.you really think all the teams in the nfl got together on a cold dark rainy night and agreed not to give owens a look or a tryout? You really think that? Not only is he to much trouble and drama,, he is old, he drops balls and is coming off a major injury. There is no reason for us to even think about looking at him. Our coach says moss is not only doing well on the practice field but is a coach off of the field. we are much better with our current wide outs and why in the world would we ever take a step backwards in looking at owens. it will not and should not happen
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
We should sign Mcnabb and Ahmad Green too.
i think david boston can still play at a high level
Share 49ersWebzone