There are 216 users in the forums

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
also, NFL Films loves T.O. They have done multiple features on him, and even did a theme song for him.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
He didn't start it, but he helped it. He whined and cried about everything. He turned into a major @$$hole, and DIVA. He threw Mooch and Garcia under the bus. I never want TO anywhere near this team. He has only himself to blame for his failures. He screwed himself.
This.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus. Just one.

Let me save you the time. IT DOESNT EXIST. Anything negative that TO may have said about someone was said after he was no longer affiliated with the team that said player/coach was on. He never once spoke badly of Jeff Garcia or Steve Mariucci when he was a 49er. Not one single time.

Tell me, if someone screams, "Who can make a play? I CAN!!!" Are they saying it for the good of the team? Are they trying to motivate other players?
No and no.

T.O. is a very troubled individual. I feel sorry for him. He's like a child desperately seeking attention; very remorseful and sorry, but then once he gets what he wants he snaps right back into the same b******t act.

He was a dominant player for the 49ers, Eagles and Cowboys, yet all of them decided to get rid of him because he was not worth the trouble. Team chemistry is more important. Baby sitting a player, no matter what kind of talent, takes a lot away from team chemistry.
I still have no problem with TO being on the team if he can win a spot. But no questioning his work ethic.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
2001 - After blowing a 19-point lead in Chicago and losing in overtime, the disgruntled receiver accused head coach Steve Mariucci of protecting good friend Dick Jauron, head coach of the Bears

2003 - Following a bumpy season that included several sideline tirades by Owens, he and the team decided to part ways.

Aside from the above Terrell Owens was a total distraction by doing everything he could to absorb attention away from his team to himself. I'm not saying Ownes shouldn't get a second chance. I believe in second chances and I'd to see him get one. But for you to say "show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus".... man listen, it's not what owens said in the papers on the verge of his release -- it was his behavior while on the team. Besides, we don't know what he said in the locker room.

If "we dont know what he said in the locker room" how can people form these opinions about what TO really said, when there is no editorial proof of anything happening?

As far as your two examples go....

Again, find a quote from TO's mouth regarding Mariucci protecting Jauron. I bet you cant find one. (for the record, Im not saying that there is no way this happened, but its funny that no one can find a single quote of what he said....people just assume it actually happened.)

And the sideline "tirades?" Oh you mean like this here:

http://youtu.be/FIT7iSPObws

This video demonstrates how A) seeing players yelling on the sidelines is PART OF THE GAME, and B) how TO gets chastised for doing things that other players dont.
Originally posted by mustangmele:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Screw TO. He started the Niners decline before Harbaugh saved the franchise.

Oh how so, I think you forget that it was Donahue who purged this franchise of its key veterans. Donahue was the one that executed a ridiculous trade with Owens and Philly. If anything all TO wanted was a long term contract.

Theres no point in arguing with people about TO. They have their preconceived notions about him. They buy into whatever the media says. Owens was a great 49er, and for someone to say that he started the Niners decline is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

He didn't start it, but he helped it. He whined and cried about everything. He turned into a major @$$hole, and DIVA. He threw Mooch and Garcia under the bus. I never want TO anywhere near this team. He has only himself to blame for his failures. He screwed himself.

Show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus. Just one.

Let me save you the time. IT DOESNT EXIST. Anything negative that TO may have said about someone was said after he was no longer affiliated with the team that said player/coach was on. He never once spoke badly of Jeff Garcia or Steve Mariucci when he was a 49er. Not one single time.

2001 - After blowing a 19-point lead in Chicago and losing in overtime, the disgruntled receiver accused head coach Steve Mariucci of protecting good friend Dick Jauron, head coach of the Bears

2003 - Following a bumpy season that included several sideline tirades by Owens, he and the team decided to part ways.

Aside from the above Terrell Owens was a total distraction by doing everything he could to absorb attention away from his team to himself. I'm not saying Ownes shouldn't get a second chance. I believe in second chances and I'd to see him get one. But for you to say "show me one quote of Terrell Owens throwing a teammate under the bus".... man listen, it's not what owens said in the papers on the verge of his release -- it was his behavior while on the team. Besides, we don't know what he said in the locker room.

2002 - after a blowout loss to the vikings. TO praised Rattay for looking good in garbage time.... insinuating that he should start instead of Garcia. starting a QB controvery..... the the Tim Rattay () bandwagon.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Tell me, if someone screams, "Who can make a play? I CAN!!!" Are they saying it for the good of the team? Are they trying to motivate other players?
No and no.

So Terrell Owens saying he can make a play and wants the ball is an example of him being bad for a team? Do you think Michael Jordan thought that he could make a play? Kobe Bryant? What about Jerry Rice?

Speaking of Jerry Rice, do you remember what he said after the Saints game in 1998? A game that the Niners won 31-20....bringing their record to 8-3 on the season? After catching 3 balls during the game he said:

"Maybe I've been spoiled over the years, but this is not 49ers football. Or maybe the Man's giving me a sign. If you ask me if I'm having a good time, no. Is this something that might want to make you retire? Hell, yes. All I know is I'm not having a good time. Maybe it's time for me to move on."

TO gets blasted by the media and public for saying he can make a play, yet comments like this from Rice go unnoticed? I bet at least 75% of the people who are reading this post either dont believe that Rice said that, or dont remember/care.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
2002 - after a blowout loss to the vikings. TO praised Rattay for looking good in garbage time.... insinuating that he should start instead of Garcia. starting a QB controvery..... the the Tim Rattay () bandwagon.

Yet another example of the media embelishing stories. TO was responding to a question. Its not like out of the blue he just said "Garcia needs to be benched. Rattay should start." Here is the EXACT conversation:

Reporter: Do you think its time for a quarterback change?
Owens: That's not my decision to make, but Rat came in and did a good job when he was in there.
sign him and then get jerry rice

we will have the top 3 WR in nfl history on the same roster at the same time
Originally posted by BrianGO:
No and no.

So Terrell Owens saying he can make a play and wants the ball is an example of him being bad for a team? Do you think Michael Jordan thought that he could make a play? Kobe Bryant? What about Jerry Rice?

Speaking of Jerry Rice, do you remember what he said after the Saints game in 1998? A game that the Niners won 31-20....bringing their record to 8-3 on the season? After catching 3 balls during the game he said:

"Maybe I've been spoiled over the years, but this is not 49ers football. Or maybe the Man's giving me a sign. If you ask me if I'm having a good time, no. Is this something that might want to make you retire? Hell, yes. All I know is I'm not having a good time. Maybe it's time for me to move on."

TO gets blasted by the media and public for saying he can make a play, yet comments like this from Rice go unnoticed? I bet at least 75% of the people who are reading this post either dont believe that Rice said that, or dont remember/care.

a lot of what TO has done is overblown, and some feel even fabricated by the media. on some levels i agree.

the thing with TO is that he put the microscope on himself. It all started with the dallas star incident.... then the celebrations that followed. if he wanted the attention, then he should have understood that he was going to get everything that comes with it. whether or not it is his fault. this team cannot/should not have that kind of circus around the team. the reward is not worth the risk (especially with another headcase already on the team).

Yeah Jerry had his moments too as mentioned above.... questioning John Taylor's work ethic is another example. but he built the reputation for himself of being a class act, leader, etc and comments like those were received in a much better way because of it. TO did not do that.

I think it's disgusting that someone would try to use one Jerry Rice quote after a game just to try and portray Owens as a "team-guy"... or worse, try to put J.R. in the same boat as T.O. as being public troublemakers?

Yet another example of the media embelishing stories. TO was responding to a question. Its not like out of the blue he just said "Garcia needs to be benched. Rattay should start." Here is the EXACT conversation:

Reporter: Do you think its time for a quarterback change?
Owens: That's not my decision to make, but Rat came in and did a good job when he was in there.

yes. that would be insinuating he wanted a QB change.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
I think it's disgusting that someone would try to use one Jerry Rice quote after a game just to try and portray Owens as a "team-guy"... or worse, try to put J.R. in the same boat as T.O. as being public troublemakers?

Come on oldman. I know you and I have had many debates in the Alex thread, but you are out of line here. In no way shape or form was I putting Rice and Owens in the same category as being trouble makers, nor was I using one Jerry Rice quote (there are plenty more BTW) as a way to prove TO was a team guy. I was just illustrating a point that the media portrayal of a player has as much to do with the public perception of a player as his actions/words do.

Come on man. Give me a break. Stop trying to stir things up.
Did you guys see that interview he did on Dr Phil? Man that dude is deadbeat douche dad
a lot of what TO has done is overblown, and some feel even fabricated by the media. on some levels i agree.

the thing with TO is that he put the microscope on himself. It all started with the dallas star incident.... then the celebrations that followed. if he wanted the attention, then he should have understood that he was going to get everything that comes with it. whether or not it is his fault. this team cannot/should not have that kind of circus around the team. the reward is not worth the risk (especially with another headcase already on the team).

Yeah Jerry had his moments too as mentioned above.... questioning John Taylor's work ethic is another example. but he built the reputation for himself of being a class act, leader, etc and comments like those were received in a much better way because of it. TO did not do that.

anyone to say it wasn't TO's fault is in denial...it was on national TV, local TV and newspapers...

if he wasn't the problem why did he get cut from other teams when he even had good production?
Share 49ersWebzone