There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Terrell Owens wants to return to San Francisco 49ers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/19/t-o-still-doesnt-realize-its-over/

A year ago, receiver Terrell Owens tore an ACL. In October, he held a public workout that no team attended. That same day, 53 other players got private workouts with individual teams.

Since then, not a single NFL team has given Owens a workout, even though he has shown that he can play football, via his decision to play on a part-time basis in the Indoor Football League.

Even now, with 90 players on each team's offseason roster, no one has offered Owens an opportunity to come in and show what he can do.

In an interview that will air Monday on 95.7 The Game in San Francisco (they've actually sent out a quote sheet), Owens says he'd like to play for the 49ers or the Raiders.

We wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is part of a new strategy that entails appearing on a radio station in each NFL city and making a public pitch to play for the local team, like Chad Ochocinco did at Radio Row a few years ago when he was trying to get traded out of Cincinnati.

It's sad, really. The NFL wants nothing to do with Owens, and yet he still desperately wants back in.

There's a bizarre Bruce-Willis-in-The-Sixth-Sense quality to Owens' depths of denial and delusion. His NFL career is dead, and we're well past that moment at the end of the movie when the wedding ring hits the ground and everyone in the theater figures out what was going on.

And as to anyone for whom I've just spoiled the ending of a 13-year-old movie, you really need to get out more.
[ Edited by TlSSER on May 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM ]
Wait for it.....

Wait....

Waaaaaiiiittttt......
I almost feel sorry for the dude...... Almost.
f**k THIS GUY.

When he was on top of the world he treated everyone else like s**t.

Its time he get a taste of his own medicine. We won't even talk to him, much less allow him to come back after he ripped the Niners on the weay out.

If it wasn't for us, he would have been a nobody in this league.
Pure apathy.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Wait for it.....

Wait....

Waaaaaiiiittttt......

As a financial advisor?
I would take TO on this team if the WR corps were the guys that played in the NFC CG. Now though. Not a chance.
This is the old story be kind to the people you step on while you are on the way up because these are the same people you see on the way down. "Get your popcorn ready" because it will be something for T.O. to snack on while he watches the games on T.V.
Cry me a river T.O.
Originally posted by lifer49erfan:
Cry me a river T.O.

If TO gets a look it will likely be with a team that is desperate (injury to top receivers or just bad). Most teams are done dealing with the baggage that comes with TO and well run teams who might take a chance are already doing so--SF with Moss and Cox (for very different reasons). Teams already have their share of head cases and would need a contract similar to that of Moss' with little to lose if it all goes wrong.
TO can go f**k himself.
For f**k's sake, will the madness ever end....................he's done. Stop feeding the attention whore and he will go away.
Maybe T.O. should take a look at our roster before talking. Williams is likely going to be the odd man out and I would still rather have him than T.O., maybe if like 3 WR's got injured but even that's a stretch.