LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Will Kyle bounce back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Kyle bounce back?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49Perspectives:
Yes, if given the chance. He's a good player.

No he's not

yes he is. Look past the hate.....
whether he does or not.. lets hope he doesnt give the ball a chance to again if put in the same situation
Choker is what a choker does.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:

No he's not

Ok so lets look at all 20 catches that he had Or his entire football career of fumbling in big games?

No he's not

Ok so lets look at all 20 catches that he had Or his entire football career of fumbling in big games?

When considering that he began the year as the fifth receiver on the depth chart and most of those catches came down the stretch last year when we really needed them, your point? I also love the whole "football career thing" considering he was hurt most of all his rookie campaign in 2010. He showed alot of promise as a receiver last year, see the cowboys game when he stepped up and made that sideline touchdown catch to extend a decent nest egg lead and we let that ten point lead escape in the fourth quarter. How about the 56 yard catch and spin touchdown against the rams or his monster block on Alex's touchdown run against the Saints. The dude is a willing blocker and in our offense we need that. Also if Alex put the ball on the money in the Giants game when Kyle broke past the defense and would have clearly scored then perhaps "the mistake" becomes a moot point. Point is, the guy is young, he played hard last season and showed some incredible promise and you don't just kick him to the curb because he made a mistake, if that was true then every pro bowler and hall of famer in the NFL would have never survived their youth and became a star, without the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and get better.

Am I saying that Kyle Williams will be a hall of famer, absoloutely not but he could be a very soild player for this organization and what kind of message does that send our players, you make one mistake no matter how big or small and your out. Do you want this football team playing on edge or with confidence?
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 21, 2012 at 10:06 AM ]
screwwwww this kid. i wouldve easily gotten laid superbowl weekend if it was the 49ers playing.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

No he's not

When considering that he began the year as the fifth receiver on the depth chart and most of those catches came down the stretch when we really needed them, your point? I also love the whole "football career thing" considering he was hurt most of all his rookie campaign in 2010. He showed alot of promise as a receiver last year, see the cowboys game when he stepped up and made that sideline touchdown catch to extend a decent nest egg lead and we let that ten point lead escape in the fourth quarter. How about the 56 yard catch and spin touchdown against the rams or his monster block on Alex's touchdown run against the Saints. The dude is a willing blocker and in our offense we need that. Also if Alex put the ball on the money in the Giants game when Kyle broke past the defense and would have clearly scored then perhaps "the mistake" becomes a moot point. Point is, the guy is young, he played hard last season and showed some incredible promise and you don't just kick him to the curb because he made a mistake, if that was true then every pro bowler and hall of famer in the NFL would have never survived their youth and became a star, without the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and get better.

Am I saying that Kyle Williams will be a hall of famer, absoloutely not but he could be a very soild player for this organization and what kind of message does that send our players, you make one mistake no matter how big or small and your out. Do you want this football team playing on edge or with confidence.
Game was already well in hand by then. So he's a great blocker big freaking deal. "Mistake" Which one there was 3? One killed a drive and the other spotted the Giants 10 points. Sad thing is that in college he did the same thing to blow the biggest game of the year against his rival college. The kid can't perform under pressure.

No he's not

When considering that he began the year as the fifth receiver on the depth chart and most of those catches came down the stretch when we really needed them, your point? I also love the whole "football career thing" considering he was hurt most of all his rookie campaign in 2010. He showed alot of promise as a receiver last year, see the cowboys game when he stepped up and made that sideline touchdown catch to extend a decent nest egg lead and we let that ten point lead escape in the fourth quarter. How about the 56 yard catch and spin touchdown against the rams or his monster block on Alex's touchdown run against the Saints. The dude is a willing blocker and in our offense we need that. Also if Alex put the ball on the money in the Giants game when Kyle broke past the defense and would have clearly scored then perhaps "the mistake" becomes a moot point. Point is, the guy is young, he played hard last season and showed some incredible promise and you don't just kick him to the curb because he made a mistake, if that was true then every pro bowler and hall of famer in the NFL would have never survived their youth and became a star, without the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and get better.

Am I saying that Kyle Williams will be a hall of famer, absoloutely not but he could be a very soild player for this organization and what kind of message does that send our players, you make one mistake no matter how big or small and your out. Do you want this football team playing on edge or with confidence.
Game was already well in hand by then. So he's a great blocker big freaking deal. "Mistake" Which one there was 3? One killed a drive and the other spotted the Giants 10 points. Sad thing is that in college he did the same thing to blow the biggest game of the year against his rival college. The kid can't perform under pressure.

He's a kid, he will make plenty of other mistakes. Some of the best players coming out of college every year make game-changing mistakes at their alma mater but because they are highly rated players then that stuff gets overloooked and we are talking about his NFL career. Take away that Giants game and you have no ammo on him. I also think you are severly undermining what a great blocking receiver brings to a team. If you want one of the most selficious players in the NFL history in Randy Moss setting the edge in the running game or Manningham (solid pass catcher at opportune times but not a quality blocker) then you go ahead and roll the dice but not me. Also that "potential" touchdown to Williams in the Giants game was early in the game and could have been the spark the offense needed so the game was far from in hand.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 21, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
He's a kid, he will make plenty of other mistakes. Some of the best players coming out of college every year make game-changing mistakes at their alma mater but because they are highly rated players then that stuff gets overloooked and we are talking about his NFL career. Take away that Giants game and you have no ammo on him. I also think you are severly undermining what a great blocking receiver brings to a team. If you want one of the most selficious players in the NFL history in Randy Moss setting the edge in the running game or Manningham (solid pass catcher at opportune times but not a quality blocker) then you go ahead and roll the dice but not me.

So you want me to take away the biggest game of his life? Or better yet the biggest game that this franchise has played in since 1997? Ted Ginn has a better value to this team than Kyle Williams
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

So you want me to take away the biggest game of his life? Or better yet the biggest game that this franchise has played in since 1997? Ted Ginn has a better value to this team than Kyle Williams

Biggest game of his life so far. He's only been in the league two years. I want you to cut a young dude trying to make a big play for his team when nobody else was on special teams or offense some slack. Had it not been for that crucial New Orleans game block then we may not have even made it to the Giants. Games like that last year have the ability to draw a team closer and make them even more hungry now. Because now they know how good they can be, alot more good can come out of that game then you realize. We got our entire starting defense back because these guys want to build off what happened last year.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 21, 2012 at 10:32 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Biggest game of his life so far. He's only been in the league two years. I want you to cut a young dude trying to make a big play for his team when nobody else was on special teams or offense some slack. Had it not been for that crucial New Orleans game block then we may not have even made it to the Giants. Games like that last year have the ability to draw a team closer and make them even more hungry now. Because now they know how good they can be, alot more good can come out of that game then you realize. We got our entire starting defense back because these guys want to build off what happened last year.

Young dude has reputation for making big mistakes in games just look at his college career. This dude needs to be cut asap because he will cost us more games in the future.
You mean like when Ginn stared into space in that Cardinals game wide open down the field for what would have been a touchdown or how about that dropped first down catch against the Ravens late in the game that we sorely needed. If Ginn was anything special besides a return guy then he would have made his niche in the NFL by now as something more.
Originally posted by susweel:

Young dude has reputation for making big mistakes in games just look at his college career. This dude needs to be cut asap because he will cost us more games in the future.

Exactly he's proving time after time that he can't get it done in the spotlight
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
You mean like when Ginn stared into space in that Cardinals game wide open down the field for what would have been a touchdown or how about that dropped first down catch against the Ravens late in the game that we sorely needed. If Ginn was anything special besides a return guy then he would have made his niche in the NFL by now as something more.

Ginn didnt cost the super bowl Kyle Williams did. He will forever be known as the man that cost us the sixth ring, right along with Roger Craig but at least Craig was a good player prior to that. Williams is nothing but a bench warmer.
Share 49ersWebzone