There are 180 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Biggest Threat in 2012: Packers not Giants

How long has it been since the 49ers won at Lambeau? 20+ years if I'm not mistaken. This absolutely HAS to change this season. I get to see the Niners play against the NFC North and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired when we play in Green Bay! GO NINERS! Lets get one this year coach!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Now the Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers rivalry can begin !
GB, NYG, DAL = 49ERS biggest NFC rivals.


These teams has beaten us quite a few times for NFC supremacy. But, this is our year.
Originally posted by NinerGold39:
GB, NYG, DAL = 49ERS biggest NFC rivals.


These teams has beaten us quite a few times for NFC supremacy. But, this is our year.

I sure hope you're right! Last time we won in GB was 1990!
The biggest obstacle is ourselves. They just got to play hard. Im not bashing but I really think Alex Smith is key. The cheeseheads had a first round bye. The Gwomen backed into the playoffs and got lucky as heck. I still dont know how they won the Bowl
I think they lose the first game at GB. Looking at the schedule over and over and disecting it I still see them going 13-3 this year again
f**k em all. No one stands in our way on the road to the Superbowl this year.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Meh. They will win 10+ games get to the playoffs and lose the fist game, no big deal.

They will start 0-1.

THIS.

I agree with this. We know that we can matchup with the Giants and beat them. The Packers on the other hand have had our number for over 15 years. The players change, but the results remain the same. Hopefully we kick their ass Week 1.
b******t, the 49ers, Lions, and Bears are all going to be serious NFC Championship contenders next season; people are only clinging to the deteriorating status quo of what was hot two years ago.

Packers, Giants, Falcons, Cowboys, and Saints are all entering the 'motions' of what the Steelers are experiencing right now; they might have a 'good' QB/offensive core leading, but not the 'complete pieces' to be dominant/scary Championship competitors.

The 49ers right now are almost what the Saints were from 2009-2010 (excluding the QB position); complete starters/enhanced depth at almost every position that can haul you all the way to the final stop.
The 49ers only threat is themselves. Injuries are what worry me the most. They went mostly injury free last year aside from WR.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
b******t, the 49ers, Lions, and Bears are all going to be serious NFC Championship contenders next season; people are only clinging to the deteriorating status quo of what was hot two years ago.

Packers, Giants, Falcons, Cowboys, and Saints are all entering the 'motions' of what the Steelers are experiencing right now; they might have a 'good' QB/offensive core leading, but not the 'complete pieces' to be dominant/scary Championship competitors.

The 49ers right now are almost what the Saints were from 2009-2010 (excluding the QB position); complete starters/enhanced depth at almost every position that can haul you all the way to the final stop.

This
a little known fact about packers

they had the most int/drive last year

also had the most TO forced/drive even more than us which we were 2nd in that category


conclussion: packers D forced the most TO last year
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
a little known fact about packers

they had the most int/drive last year

also had the most TO forced/drive even more than us which we were 2nd in that category


conclussion: packers D forced the most TO last year

We are better this year than last, so we still have nothing to worry about. They will be fudge packers once we are done with them or swiss cheese.
I think it is so awesome that we start the season with a playoff level game!!!

Last time we did....probably 1991 against the Giants.

Giants have beaten the Pack in GB the last two times to go to the super bowl....it's our turn to beat them their just once in the regular season!!!!
...