LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

Biggest Threat in 2012: Packers not Giants

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Giants can get after the qb with 4 guys. Packers can't get after the qb with 8 guys. Personally I think it's the Eagles

yep. that's the team the lockout hurt the most.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The Giants are not the biggest threat and never were. Their Super Bowl win was one of the flukiest in history. First, the Packers play nothing like they did all year - receivers dropping everything and their OC being out of it. Then, it took Kyle Williams fumbles to beat us in OT. They were the luckiest team BY FAR last season. These things don't happen often and won't happen again in 2012.
This.
giants are the luckiest team to ever play in the nfl. They go 9-8 (1 f'n loss from being a mediocre .500 team) in the regular season, play against a packer team that was undefeated but obviously had an off game. Then they play the Niners, who shut down that turnip truck driver eli in the 2nd half, but gave them the game with 2 unexcusable fumbles. They didn't win, the niners gave them a gift.
Giants can get after the qb with 4 guys. Packers can't get after the qb with 8 guys. Personally I think it's the Eagles

The Eagles? Where the hell did that come from? Did they suddenly replace their All-Pro lineman Jason Peters?
True gh is still the team to beat. The best passing game qb and a great pass rusher and cb. We are a better team all around but unless we outscore them, we are in trouble. I think they will get the bye week with the niners, so game 1 is huge for the tie breaker.....especially if both teams finish with the same record 12-4
I think the Bears will be the biggest threat this year but between these two teams the Packers are the much bigger threat. I don't think the Giants will even be lucky enough to make the playoffs this year.
Originally posted by Psinex:

The Eagles? Where the hell did that come from? Did they suddenly replace their All-Pro lineman Jason Peters?

I personally think they win the East as well. That team has talent that just didn't gel quickly. They played with a purpose at the end of last year and actually had a shot at making the playoffs in the last few weeks of the season. One player doesn't make the team.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
When was the last time we ever opened the season against the Packers at home??
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think Colonel Sanders was still alive
Originally posted by Youngb:
Originally posted by Psinex:

I personally think they win the East as well. That team has talent that just didn't gel quickly. They played with a purpose at the end of last year and actually had a shot at making the playoffs in the last few weeks of the season. One player doesn't make the team.

They lost one of their key offensive linemen, and they have an injury-prone offense at every position, from Vick, McCoy, DeSean Jackson and Maclin...they are all capable of getting injured at any time. There's not much of a chance they make it through an entire season healthy enough to make a difference in the playoffs.
In the AFC - Don't ignore the Steelers.

They seemed, it's way to early to predict, to have their OLine fixed. They had a pretty solid draft.

If Rothlesburger has more time and their are more running lanes they could be very dangerous. They have slowed down but still have some fire power.

In NFC - Packers can't be overlooked and the Saints are still dangerous.

Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think Colonel Sanders was still alive

he's dead?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Packers will be tough no doubt, NFC will have a lot of good teams and every year a team or two come out of nowhere. We just have to watch what we do and the rest will fall into place.

Packers still have a questionable defense until proven otherwise. Their offense is still top notch but one big hit to Aaron Rodgers and they're average again. You can say that for a lot of teams but that's just the way the league goes. They addressed their defense a lot in the draft but those guys are unproven so we'll see how that defense turns around.

All I know is that week 1 game will be a tough one but I still can't wait for it.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Now the Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers rivalry can begin !

Originally posted by ghostrider:

Oh I thought it started 7 years ago?
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by ghostrider:

Oh I thought it started 7 years ago?

Like the kid that keeps getting beat in the race and says, "I wasn't ready. Now I'm for real, for real."
Share 49ersWebzone