There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

ABs early 53 man and 8 man P-Squad roster prediciton

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
I am just happy not to hear any blather on going after andre carter.Stop with the blame game as well as I see some wanting to blame a trainer and even the coach for "working them to hard"please

What are you talking about, and use the space bar after a period god dammit
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why byhnam and not peele

because he is a lot better
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by 9erred:
A few things that pop out to me.

1. The WR's are better on paper than in the past years. defensive coordinators will have to take notice.
2. Our OL is one or two injurie away from being a turnsile. I pray that Persons, Kilgor, Slowey can step in if there is an inury.
3. Was not a fan of bringing in Josh Johnson. I would rather cut Johnson or Kaepernick and keep Tolziemn.

THIS

I don't like carrying 3 tackles. It just worries me - we should have at least 4 with other training or at least taking reps.

This is what I'm talking about.

If we had four proven tackles, there would be no problem with having a swing tackle play guard. But with only three, it changes the risk factor. Very risky when three out of your five lineman are the only dependable tackles on the team.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
What are the chances we carry 4 tight ends with Reuland being the fourth. I remember reports that he was catching everything in camp.
Originally posted by toeshawn:
What are the chances we carry 4 tight ends with Reuland being the fourth. I remember reports that he was catching everything in camp.

Doubtful because we are loaded at WR and RB currently. If we get the RB situation stacked at 3 and the WR situation fixed at 5 we could add a 4th TE and make one of them the TE/FB/HB.
I think Fleming will be placed on injured reserve, making way for another player on the main roster.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by toeshawn:

Doubtful because we are loaded at WR and RB currently. If we get the RB situation stacked at 3 and the WR situation fixed at 5 we could add a 4th TE and make one of them the TE/FB/HB.

Recall that he got the nickname "Novacek" for his catching ability. Why him and not Brent Jones, i dunno lol. Anyway i doubt they keep 4 but i wouldn't mind one bit if he somehow ended up as the #3 TE. Keep him on the practice squad at least, so he can compete next year if Walker leaves.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why byhnam and not peele

Did you mean Reuland. Peele wasn't re-signed and if we wanted him he would be signed and in camp now. He did a good job blocking in place of Byham but he offers basically nothing as a WR. Byham or Reuland can offer more.... I know a 3rd TE is mainly a blocking TE but it adds more to the offense if they can catch the ball.
Nice work AB! This is the conservative view heading into training camp, we'll see what twist and turns happen along the way. Hoping they don't come in the form of knees and ankles.
You have 54 guys making the team. But nice job overall. I agree with you on Byham. I think makes it because he can also play some fullback. I do think Haralson will make the team, especially with Fleming now being out for the year. Good work.
[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on May 16, 2012 at 5:30 AM ]
maybe im counting wrong, but im pretty sure you have 54 players listed. who would you cut?