LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Moss looking good in workouts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
After a comeback season in 2011, they're determined to make another Super Bowl push. The 35-year-old Moss even dazzled with a 55-yard touchdown catch from Alex Smith -- no matter that there were no defenders in his way, the play drew cheers from right tackle Anthony Davis, who threw his arms into the air in celebration.--NFL.com

I know it's in shorts with no defenders, but I would love to see that play.

After one day in the race for the backup QB job, I think Johnson has the lead. He didn't miss a single throw today. He even practiced better than Smith did today, and Smith did well – he missed a couple 10-yard outs and few deep passes, but mostly he did well.

He threw one perfect 55-yard bomb to Randy Moss. When he threw it, the whole organization – players, coaches, trainers – stopped and watched.

As Moss leapt in the end zone and caught the pass, the Niners went wild. Anthony Davis threw his hands up in the air and squealed like a child.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/05/inside-the-49ers/moss-steals-the-show/

When I first read Grants article I thought Josh threw the bomb, but after reading your post now this section makes sense, kind of....
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eeks:
Originally posted by cciowa:
personally i think that taking part in a voluntary workout with your team mates is a helluva lot more valuable that running some hill with someone who is no longer on the team. tell me how that builds chemistry with your quarterbacks please. crabtree with moss and the quarterbacks in this workout is much much more valuable than the "hill"

He is NOT ALLOWED to join in. This is VETERANS only voluntary camp.
Exactly...lol. He can run the damn hill all he wants.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
After one day in the race for the backup QB job, I think Johnson has the lead. He didn't miss a single throw today. He even practiced better than Smith did today, and Smith did well – he missed a couple 10-yard outs and few deep passes, but mostly he did well.

He threw one perfect 55-yard bomb to Randy Moss. When he threw it, the whole organization – players, coaches, trainers – stopped and watched.

As Moss leapt in the end zone and caught the pass, the Niners went wild. Anthony Davis threw his hands up in the air and squealed like a child.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/05/inside-the-49ers/moss-steals-the-show/

When I first read Grants article I thought Josh threw the bomb, but after reading your post now this section makes sense, kind of....

Is that the article Anthony Davis tweeted was "trash" and "funny/good fiction but that's probably not what he was going for" ?
People make so much of an issue out of these voluntary camps.

For the most part, the large majority of it is conditioning and getting your feet wet with some of the other guys. Would it be nice if everyone could be there and work together? Of course it'd be nice. It's awesome to hear that Randy Moss is building camaraderie with the fellow receivers and chemistry with his quarterbacks.

But if you had the chance to get similar results at home and be with your family, who you don't see for a large part of the year because you're an NFL player, it seems like a good choice.

People always cite Frank Gore, and I'll cite him here too. The guy is probably the most in-shape player on the team, knows the offense better than any of the other players, is a favorite of every coaching staff that's been here, and is a key team leader. He's never needed to be there for these voluntary workouts.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eeks:
He is NOT ALLOWED to join in. This is VETERANS only voluntary camp.
i am sorry, I know, I guess i did not make it clear, (that is what i do best )....There had been alot of people on crabtree cuz he chose not to do this hill thing with rice and they are all over the rookie cuz he wants to. what i meant is crabtree can benifit more from being in practice with moss and the quarterbacks than he can running the hill.. I understand the mixup. my fault
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Yeah I like that. These practices don't mean much as far as preparing them for the season but a lot of them showed up anyway. I'm one of the people who liked the Moss signing so I love hearing anything good that he's contributing.
agree. i really think moss has something to prove and usually diva wide outs do well with a one year deal. i think he will have a great year for us. Now as i talk out of both sides of my mouth, if he does well this year I think we should not tempt fate and cut him after this year! in the best case, we win super bowl, he retires on top and we do not have to make that decision
  • mike
  • Veteran
i am sorry, I know, I guess i did not make it clear, (that is what i do best )....There had been alot of people on crabtree cuz he chose not to do this hill thing with rice and they are all over the rookie cuz he wants to. what i meant is crabtree can benifit more from being in practice with moss and the quarterbacks than he can running the hill.. I understand the mixup. my fault

There really didn't seem to be that many people on crabtree about that,the few who are are f**king idiots lol. Crabtree had a broken foot, do you really want someone with foot problems running on a dirt trail?.. Remember that crab hurt himself on SJSU's turf field, imagine him running on an uneven trail, he would miss another offseason.

What crab could have learned, if he didn't have a messed up foot, is the kind of dedication that someone like Rice puts in every day and how it has paid off(50 year old dude still in amazing shape). But he could have just as easily learned that dedication from a number of veterans had he actually gone through one whole training camp.

I do like that AJ gets the chance to work with a niner great and maybe a few things rub off on him, but I'm not hating on crab for what mostly was a bunch of bad luck with foot problems.
Originally posted by mike:

There really didn't seem to be that many people on crabtree about that,the few who are are f**king idiots lol. Crabtree had a broken foot, do you really want someone with foot problems running on a dirt trail?.. Remember that crab hurt himself on SJSU's turf field, imagine him running on an uneven trail, he would miss another offseason.

What crab could have learned, if he didn't have a messed up foot, is the kind of dedication that someone like Rice puts in every day and how it has paid off(50 year old dude still in amazing shape). But he could have just as easily learned that dedication from a number of veterans had he actually gone through one whole training camp.

I do like that AJ gets the chance to work with a niner great and maybe a few things rub off on him, but I'm not hating on crab for what mostly was a bunch of bad luck with foot problems.

Agree with this for the most part.
I won't get it excited until I see it in the games. I was way too excited too early about Braylon last year.
  • buck
  • Veteran
You should put a link and a clear cite when you copy and paste an article.

• cciowa
  • Veteran

good points.. thank you.. I think we are in a good spot. we got one guy learning a good work ethic from a hall of famer and we have both ginn and crabtree learning from another hall of famer
  • mike
  • Veteran

good points.. thank you.. I think we are in a good spot. we got one guy learning a good work ethic from a hall of famer and we have both ginn and crabtree learning from another hall of famer
I don't know if ginn can learn to not have stone hands, but I am just happy crabtree is *knock on wood* going to attend his first full training camp and preseason.
[ Edited by mike on May 10, 2012 at 7:38 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
After a comeback season in 2011, they're determined to make another Super Bowl push. The 35-year-old Moss even dazzled with a 55-yard touchdown catch from Alex Smith -- no matter that there were no defenders in his way, the play drew cheers from right tackle Anthony Davis, who threw his arms into the air in celebration.--NFL.com

I know it's in shorts with no defenders, but I would love to see that play.

Like to hear good stuff like this already!
We're still a long ways away from August, let alone September, but I told all the Moss doubters that they were crazy.

I can't believe that people actually think (or thought) that he couldn't make it out of camp. We're talking about a first ballot HOF and top 5-10 WR of all time, who has had a year off to get fresh/clear his head.

The notion that he may not have the passion is null and void because what player comes out of retirement if they're not hungry to light it up again.

MOSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Originally posted by buck:
You should put a link and a clear cite when you copy and paste an article.

Sorry dude! Not ashamed to admit I don't know how to do that. I'm also not sure how to post pics or gifs or whatever they're called. Not very computer savvy. Glad you could tell it wasn't my writing and that I copy and pasted, bud.
Share 49ersWebzone