There are 196 users in the forums

Has anyone else trained with Rice?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
JJ stokes was bad ass... ... Just a tad to slow for the NFL.

Rice taking a wr under his wing is not every thing.... But if the kid sells out and brings it every practice , I think the guy can be awesome.

He reminds me of a smarter , faster Brandon lloyd.
jj caught 63 balls one year as a third option. people make fun of him but he had his moments
Originally posted by cciowa:
jj caught 63 balls one year as a third option. people make fun of him but he had his moments

I don't blame the 49ers for rolling the dice....

He was a unique talent..... Signature split-ends are so damn hard to find... Even fewer are franchise players.

The guy aged to fast and did not have a gear to loose.

I think he was a safer pick then mike williams.

What stokes needed was .....steroids ...,
Originally posted by strickac:
I did a couple weeks ago. I smoked his old arce.

In all seriousness, this isn't a big deal. Rice taking Jenkins to the hill is more about him welcoming him into the 49er family and getting to know him. Maybe he becomes a mentor to AJ, which would be a plus for any young player. Physically, it's not a big deal. Rice is way to old to keep up with the youngster. Plus, Rice will get a little more face time on TV if can talk about AJ on a personal level. Selfish reasons? Who knows?

Reading about AJ's relationship with previous coaches makes me think that he'd really take Rice's advise to heart. He seems like a hard worker and pretty humble. That's a great characteristics for a rookie.
2.5 miles up hill is no joke. I ran 3.2 today partially up hill and it kicked my tail. If you ever go out to an organized run, there are a lot of old dudes in their 50's that smoke me, Im only 24 & a pretty decent runner.
Originally posted by KennyBoiiii:
2.5 miles up hill is no joke. I ran 3.2 today partially up hill and it kicked my tail. If you ever go out to an organized run, there are a lot of old dudes in their 50's that smoke me, Im only 24 & a pretty decent runner.

I am a year younger than you and share your exact feelings on the subject.. Recently did the same thing ... I agree 100% with your whole post.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Roger Craig was his main man on The Hill.

Thank you in fact I was going to post that it was Craig that started the whole hill thing and Rice learned it from him.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Crabtree also ran the hill but he fell and sprained his vagina.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I don't blame the 49ers for rolling the dice....

He was a unique talent..... Signature split-ends are so damn hard to find... Even fewer are franchise players.

The guy aged to fast and did not have a gear to loose.

I think he was a safer pick then mike williams.

What stokes needed was .....steroids ...,
plus i think people expected more cuz did we not spend alot to trade up and get him? i remember one of the best catches i ever saw came from him. I am sure it was one of the big games with the cowboys, the niners needed a first down so bad, young threw it on the sidelines and jj just dove with all six foot six and caught that ball, he really stretched as young threw it to far. sweet catch.. then three plays later young was yelling at him to catch the damn ball on a easy throw
agree. great work ethic. must be that intangible the coaches look for in players. i have a good feeling bout the kid but need to temper it a bit . it sounds like moss has grown up a bit, maybe while the kid is working with rice, crabtree can learn some positive things about moss. it is nice to be able to be in a spot where we have two young wide outs learning from two hall of fame guys

Moss always grows, on the backside lol

As Christopher Walken said in the "More Cowbell" skit "I like what I'm Hearing" -- about Moss growing up and being a team player

Time will tell

I hope Crabs learns good things from Randy and AJ learns the same from Jerry

Bruce was a little aloof in his career and at the end he really was a mentor to the "WRs" we had back then
plus i think people expected more cuz did we not spend alot to trade up and get him? i remember one of the best catches i ever saw came from him. I am sure it was one of the big games with the cowboys, the niners needed a first down so bad, young threw it on the sidelines and jj just dove with all six foot six and caught that ball, he really stretched as young threw it to far. sweet catch.. then three plays later young was yelling at him to catch the damn ball on a easy throw

They did traded up to get JJ Stokes. In the first round. I think Stokes lost his biggest supporter when Young couldn't play due to concussion problem. Had Young continued to play I think Stokes would have had better numbers and most likely a very good #2 opposite T.O. I remember Young saying just throw it up there for Stokes since he has the size and height. But he wasn't that bad. Just wasn't worth the trade up and high pick.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 7, 2012 at 8:12 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Rashaun Woods did.

Did what?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

They did traded up to get JJ Stokes. In the first round. I think Stokes lost his biggest supporter when Young couldn't play due to concussion problem. Had Young continued to play I think Stokes would have had better numbers and most likely a very good #2 opposite T.O. I remember Young saying just throw it up there for Stokes since he has the size and height. But he was that bad. Just wasn't worth the trade up and high pick.

As a 9er fan, we can't forget that the pick they traded up turned out to be #52, Ray Lewis
Desean Jackson trained with him, but that was in Florida.
This doesn't mean anything imho. Running the hill is nice when you've got the full package and need to put it over the top, but this just feels like some fluff piece from the Mike-Mike era.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Rashaun Woods did.

Wish crabtree had done this.
Share 49ersWebzone