LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh's salary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think he is being compensated enough. If he has another good year this year then we could start talking about his salary and what the 49ers should do with it. In the end 1 good year does not mean a coach is an elite coach. Longevity is the key to becoming elite.
Jed had BETTER NOT go Jerry Jones ego-retarded and have a fallout with JH if and when he starts bringing in the Lombardis!

• dj43
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
If Jim Harbaugh wants to renegotiate his contract in year 3 of his 5 year deal, extend him another 5 years and bump up his salary to 8-9 mil/yr, they will do it.

New stadium, new dynasty.

The construction workers are even working on Saturday!

http://newsantaclarastadium.com/live-view

But... I have been checking in on that live view once a day or so and it looks like they are just driving tractors around and not actually building anything...lol Oh well I don't know anything about construction work so yeah..

The underground work (sewer, water, electric, etc.) will probably take 6 months or more. It won't look like much until all the is done. There will just be big holes in the ground that will eventually get filled. Once they start standing steel upright things will get exciting.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jed had BETTER NOT go Jerry Jones ego-retarded and have a fallout with JH if and when he starts bringing in the Lombardis!

Uncle Eddie made that mistake with Walsh and learned a hard lesson. He probably warned Jed not to make the same mistake.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Uncle Eddie made that mistake with Walsh and learned a hard lesson. He probably warned Jed not to make the same mistake.

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I was just thinking back on the lost decade of Ericsson, Nolan, and Singletary. We have been down so long it I had forgotten what reloading for another run looked like, this offseason we have been reloading. Jim Harbaugh makes this team more attractive to free agents, look how quickly we snapped up some of the better UDFA's. We were actually in the running to land Peyton Manning!

In the lost decade we were forced to over pay for second tier free agent talent, no I'm sure if we need them we can have them at a fair market price, and I'm sure our own free agents will give a "home town discount". For all you younger fans, this is how it used to be, player wanted to come here, players wanted to stay here, we just kept getting better and better, it just snow balled into a dynasty.

I just have a feeling that if Jim Harbaugh gives us another winning season, the dynasty will be back, perennial contenders, annual play off appearances, national glory, and in the end the ability to attract top tier talent for less than market value, will more than off set Jim Harbaugh salary, he is money well spent, it is as if he works for free.

Not really a question or topic of massive importance, but it has been on my mind, I've been all smiles and grins just waiting for next season, I'm sick of making excuses for my team, and look forward to making threats, and winning bets!

I hope you all are as stoked as I am! GO NINERS!

And I'm locked in as a season ticket holder............ (still rootbeer)
  • DJD
  • Veteran
JH came into this job taking less money because he wanted to be here... I don't see there being any problem extending him when the time comes. He LOVES it here. He's not going to be one of those lets gouge because we can kind of guys.
Nice post, Golitta.

Nothing succeeds like success, and while the snowball isn't quite rolling yet, there's no doubt that it's forming. Aside from the aspects that you highlighted, I believe Harbaugh's youth will be a huge asset in the years to come. If things continue to go well, it's not unrealistic to see Harbaugh at the helm for ten or more years. Granted, that's looking waaaaay over the horizon, but the key point is this: For the first time in a long time, we seem to have a coherent plan for the franchise and the right people in the right jobs. That certainly doesn't guarantee success, but it makes it a whole lot more plausible than we've seen in over a decade.
If he turns Alex Smith into top 5 QB, gets Kaep looking like a legitimate starting NFL QB, and makes the NFL aware of what Josh Johnson could possibly do...then give Harbaugh whatever the f**k he wants.
Developing QB is good but I thought winning a SB is the bench mark.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Nice post, Golitta.

Nothing succeeds like success, and while the snowball isn't quite rolling yet, there's no doubt that it's forming. Aside from the aspects that you highlighted, I believe Harbaugh's youth will be a huge asset in the years to come. If things continue to go well, it's not unrealistic to see Harbaugh at the helm for ten or more years. Granted, that's looking waaaaay over the horizon, but the key point is this: For the first time in a long time, we seem to have a coherent plan for the franchise and the right people in the right jobs. That certainly doesn't guarantee success, but it makes it a whole lot more plausible than we've seen in over a decade.

Harbaugh at the helm for ten or more years...I like what that implies! I think we have chance to be special, in the NFL coaches got a few years to find their QB and start winning, in todays NFL that has really shorted to win now or you're gone! Harbuagh has shown he can win with Smith, no mean feat, others have tried and failed, but Harbuagh has bought himself time to find "his guy". Every great coach has "his QB" look at how downright awful Belicheck was before Brady, if Bledsoe does't get hurt, and Brady never starts for Belicheck...he was on the hot seat! Well Harbaugh has shown he deserves time to develop his guy, weather it is Alex or a player not even on the roster yet, he will be given time, if he coaches here for ten years, it is because he has his guy, and we have at least one more ring!
I don't know Bledsoe was doing pretty good before he got hurt. He stayed with Brady because he had something going and didn't want to upset the apple cart. I'd say Bellicheck's man was Vinitari
You pay Harbaugh what ever it takes to keep him!!!

I don't give a s**t, it's the owners pockets.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

My point is when ownership considers his salary, they need to alway take into account how much he saves them in free agency i.e. free agents taking a little less to play on a winning team.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

My point is when ownership considers his salary, they need to alway take into account how much he saves them in free agency i.e. free agents taking a little less to play on a winning team.

That and when your team is winning people spend $$$ on the team to go to games and buy merchandise
Share 49ersWebzone