LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Bold Camp Battle Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Agreed, the Brown prediction is a little out there. My prediction would be Rogers, Brown, Cully, Cox, Brock, and possibly Holcomb in that order.

1) Dixon gets cut after another offseason of thinking he's on dancing with the stars when he's in the backfield.

2) Agree on the WR's, all 6 will make it. But adding to it I see us carrying 5 TE's and bringing up the Stanford TE from the PS

3) 5 RB's again, Gore, Hunter, LMJ, Jacobs and MIller... with Byham backing up at FB. And a collective sigh of relief as Norris is no longer wasting a roster spot.

4) Both OLB's make the squad, making our 53 man roster look like this:
-TE: 5 (Jennings makes 5)
-WR: 6 (Williams makes it)
-OL: 8 (Slowey makes roster at expense of Ian Williams)
-QB: 3
-RB: 5
-P: 1
-K: 1
-ST: 1 (Either Cartright or Colin Jones)
-DL: 6 (Ian Williams probably cut)
-OLB: 4 (Parys possibly cut/traded if both rookies impress)
-MLB: 4
-CB: 5
-S: 4

I guess anything is possible, but teams are more inclined to have 10 OL than 8. Nine is the standard number. 34 teams usually also carry 9 backers on their roster. Nine secondary members is the bare bones number and the team has regularly carried ten. In a pass-happy league, teams like to have a deep secondary.

True, which is probably why they find a way to get both Jones and Cartwright on the roster to make the safety position 5 probably at the expense of KW. With this team anything is possible at the LB position, last year we had 8 and Castanzo was a stretch as depth. They may get Bruce Miller more time on the defensive side as an emergency OLB, who knows. I forgot that Person was on the roster and didnt dress so yeah we probably need one more OL. It's hard to see what direction the offense is going to be taking, whether this year we focus on spreading out (keeping KW and putting the 4th TE on the PS) or continue to try and exploit mismatches from the "big" personnel.
bump for 2013
Brown/Cully as 1 and 2 at CB.

KW Gets the #2.

Tolzien secures the #3 QB role.
We can't get a whole new thread for 2013?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

KW Gets the #2.

That's a "bold" prediction!? lol
Originally posted by verb1der:

KW Gets the #2.

Not many people expect Cully to win #2.

Not many people would expect KW to be #2 considering he got death threats two seasons ago, and last offseason most around here predicted he wouldnt even make the roster.

Tolzien is also a long shot, but he is a cerebral QB and a gamer.

Not the boldest of predictions, but not a sure thing either.

Not many people would expect KW to be #2 considering he got death threats two seasons ago, and last offseason most around here predicted he wouldnt even make the roster.

Just being cerebral and a gamer won't keep Tolzien around. We seek versatility and explosion. BJ has that and colt can do what Tolzien does better. This coach obviously views his QB to be athletic smart and explosive. I agree on K Dub. He will be a factor this year
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jul 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Just being cerebral and a gamer won't keep Tolzien around. We seek versatility and explosion. BJ has that and colt can do what Tolzien does better. This coach obviously views his QB to be athletic smart and explosive. I agree on K Dub. He will be a factor this year

And everyone thought JJ would win the battle last season.
Look out for Dixon, he is entering his prime and really Leaned out this year. Id say he's down almost 15-20 lbs. He is gonna compete hard. Although i must admit im real intrigued by Hampton. Man he was a great RB before the ACLs.
Picking the #3 QB this year is different from last year. Think about it, and you'll see why.

Predictions:

-B.J. Daniels makes the team over Tolzien.

-Trenton Robinson is cut.

Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:

We can't afford a new one. We need to try to make this one last.
marcus cooper & lowell rose make the team ...as 3rd and fourth cb
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Picking the #3 QB this year is different from last year. Think about it, and you'll see why.

Predictions:

-B.J. Daniels makes the team over Tolzien.

-Trenton Robinson is cut.

My prediction is that either he or Spillman going to start at FS and Whitner at SS.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GoldandGarnet:

We can't afford a new one. We need to try to make this one last.

Quality over quantity (unlike .Nut)
Originally posted by verb1der:

KW Gets the #2.

I see what u mean. However, I think Tolzien has a great chance of being the #3, it's really only him and Mccoy fighting for #2.

My bold prediction is this...

Aj Jenkins becomes the #1 by the end of the season.
Share 49ersWebzone