There are 246 users in the forums

New Players Uniform Numbers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Someone should just have X on their jersey

Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Manningham is wearing #14

Really? Do you have a pic because I was trying to figure out his number yesterday but couldn't find a pic of him in the football school lot of pics.

That took me a sec, but I LOLed when I put it together!! ;-)
bring back the 00 like the old days.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Brandon Jacobs - #45
Josh Johnson - #1
Joe Looney - #66
Jason Slowey - #62
Cam Johnson - #50
Darius Fleming - #58
A.J. Jenkins - #17
LaMichael James - #23
Trenton Robinson - #30

No word on Manningham's number, maybe he is working out a deal with Byham for #82.

Manningham is wearing #14

Gotcha, Maiocco and 49ers.com didn't have his number filled in so I figured he hadn't chosen. Hopefully he gets a #80's number when season begins. Hate Teens for WRs.
We may hate teen numbers for WRs (I personally don't mind it), but the kids coming out of college are all about it. I'm glad Randy took #84, but even he's considered an old fogey to someone like an AJ Jenkins. I'm in my 30s, so I grew up on 80s numbers for WRs. But I'm also old enough to remember Carmichael of the Eagles going off in a teen number too. The more WRs we send into the HOF (or the more WR numbers the 49ers' retire), the more we'll see those teen numbers.

Cant Wait to see What Trenton Does at Training Camp he Acts like he Really wants it
Originally posted by susweel:
There will be changes after the final cuts.

Bingo, half these are nothing more than 'temp' numbers, specially Manningham's.
Originally posted by stunder49:
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Brandon Jacobs 45? Thats a fuggin ugly number

he will be cut

He'll take 24 or 28 when Dixon or Cartright are cut.
#81 is available, Id like to see Jenkins or Manningham take it. I dont care that TO had it and Woods and Williams both sucked while wearing it. #83 and 88 will also be available.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
#81 is available, Id like to see Jenkins or Manningham take it. I dont care that TO had it and Woods and Williams both sucked while wearing it. #83 and 88 will also be available.

wish jenkins had taken #88....dunno if any player will wear it this season doe--the team might wear a black "88" decal in honor of Freddie Solomon (RIP)
i sure hope LaMichael James becomes a staple in our offence so i can rock a #23 jersey
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

wish jenkins had taken #88....dunno if any player will wear it this season doe--the team might wear a black "88" decal in honor of Freddie Solomon (RIP)

RIP Freddie Solomon. Hope they do a decal for him

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Gotcha, Maiocco and 49ers.com didn't have his number filled in so I figured he hadn't chosen. Hopefully he gets a #80's number when season begins. Hate Teens for WRs.
+1. Teen #s are for QBs, not WRs. John Matthews has #83...he's got to give that up (though that # brings back bad J.J. Stokes memories...).

UM teens are for wr now days pall
Not a fan of Retiring numbers to be honest
Originally posted by Hitman49:

yeah...witty .. no actual pics though...thanks
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Brandon Jacobs 45? Thats a fuggin ugly number

Hopefully that will be his average. 4.5 per.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Available "attractive" #'s include

5, 6, 8, 9, 12, 16, 33

According to 49ers.com LaMichael stole #23 from Cory Nelms lol.
[ Edited by sfout on May 3, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone