Last year we barely had any targets to hit. We were banking on Crabtree to break out, didn't happen. We thought VD would blow up, didn't happen until the playoffs because he barely got it. Walker shoewd up early, but faded away as the season progressed.
Fast forward to 2012, we have a pleathera of options on offense.
Here are the list of offensive weapons in my order:
1. VD - Clearly, our best weapon after he was unstoppable in the playoffs. His connection with Smith is clear.
2. Gore - He may be on the decline of his career, but Gore can still chug the wheels. He has been doubted all his career and is a miraculous story of sheer win and determination for the game. If anyone on the team deserves a Super Bowl ring, its Frank the Tank Gore.
3. Manningham - He was due for a breakout year last year. Injuries i think slowed him down and he was re-ordered in the lineup behind Cruz and Hicks. Still rather productive. He should be Smith's new #1 by the time pre-season stats.
4. Hunter - This guy is quick and powerful, esp for his size. He should emerge as the #1 by the end of the season above VD and Gore, but we'll see for now how that goes.
5. Crabtree - I think he's gone when his contract is up, but he is still a viable threat. He need to get is ass in camp.
6. Jenkins - The rookie has speed. We can't tell what he can do right now but hopefully he moves up. He gets the 6 slot because he has that first round talent. And, that speed :-D.
7. Moss- Coming off a year which he didn't play...thats never a good thing, esp for a seasoned vet. If he doesn't get hurt he may be effective. Looks good in the workouts so far.
8. Ginn - Again, gotta respect that speed, even though he can't catch the damn ball. Plus. he ran those quick pitch plays to perfection. Look for LaMichael James to take that role.
9. LaMichael James - Super quick, fast and a playmaker. Also underrated blocker and underrated between the tackles. He may be small, but with his reflexes and quickness, guys won't be able to get a lick on em, Look for a lot of pitches and screens to this man.
10. Walker- Number 2 tight end. I know people say he's "overrateed," but he's not. He's a great #2 tight end to have. And as you can see, i think he's the 10th option. For what he is, that's and awesome luxury to have.
The point of this thread was to display exactly how great this offense is looking so far. Last year, we had guys like ICE, Staley and even Andy Lee and Akers making plays.
Imagine wtf Harbaugh is conjuring up right now for these guys. Plus, our Line should be in tact, we have plenty of big bodies competing at Guard, somebody has to emerge and be at least better the Snyder, who some believed was the worst starting guard in the league.
Holy s**t we are going to be good this year. Look at all the weapons!