There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will we FINALLY have a player reach 1,000 yards receiving in 2012?

Will we FINALLY have a player reach 1,000 yards receiving in 2012?

Originally posted by Toronto49er:

I voted no because there are alot of weapons on this team and the ball will be spread around.

Me too. Add on that I don't think we have a consistent #1 receiver on the team, and we don't have a QB who is going to throw for big yards either.

So, no for three reasons.
crabs and vd will both get a grand
1) Vernon Davis - After EVERYONE saw Vernon destroy both the Saints and Giants secondary in the playoffs, Im sure Harbaugh and Roman will both get Vernon off to a fast start during the season and will feed him the ball. In his last 3 games played in 2011 including the last game vs the Rams Vernon had a total of 18rec 410yds 4td ; a 22.8yds/catch average. With the new additions, it will only open more up for Vernon Davis. 2012 prediction: 77rec 1,190yds 14td
2) Michael Crabtree - Every season in his early career he has seen his yards per season go up. With a healthy offseason, more work with Alex, and more weapons to put Crabtree 1 on 1, I see this as the year where Michael puts his name in the elite WR category.. 2012 predcition: 85rec 1,052yds 8td
Yes then it'll be called back for a bogus chop block,lol. I can see VD busting out with a 1000 plus yrds and 13 td's.

L.James with a 1000 combined yrds. also.
[ Edited by PSYKO5 on May 1, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by danimal:
Alex Smith is still the QB right?

yup as long as he is the QB no WR will excel.
this ^ but we can still get to SB
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:

I voted no because there are alot of weapons on this team and the ball will be spread around.

this ^

you mean like lots of weapons like the Saints, Packers, Giants and Patriots who manage not 1 but 2 thousand yard receivers usually

Originally posted by Oscar:

Please don't make this an Alex Smith thread.

They kinda go hand in hand doe

. Looks like he just witnessed "2 girls 1 cup."
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1) Vernon Davis - After EVERYONE saw Vernon destroy both the Saints and Giants secondary in the playoffs, Im sure Harbaugh and Roman will both get Vernon off to a fast start during the season and will feed him the ball. In his last 3 games played in 2011 including the last game vs the Rams Vernon had a total of 18rec 410yds 4td ; a 22.8yds/catch average. With the new additions, it will only open more up for Vernon Davis. 2012 prediction: 77rec 1,190yds 14td
2) Michael Crabtree - Every season in his early career he has seen his yards per season go up. With a healthy offseason, more work with Alex, and more weapons to put Crabtree 1 on 1, I see this as the year where Michael puts his name in the elite WR category.. 2012 predcition: 85rec 1,052yds 8td

Yea i agree. I could definitely see Davis and Crabs both surpassing 1000 + yds. It just feels like this offense is starting to "get it" sort to speak.
Vernon
Crabtree
Moss (if he makes the team of course)
Vernon at least.could see VD and Moss if Alex continues to progress.I have serious reservations though because its Alex at QB.

If Alex finally throws for 4000,(he has no excuse not to now)VD,Moss 1G a piece.Crabs,Mario 700-800 a piece easy.

BUT ITS ALL UP TO ALEX
(conseretive playcalling aside)

Here comes the flame in 5..4..3..2..
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on May 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM ]
I don't know if there will be just because our receiving depth is the best it has been in years so if the ball is spread around to all our weapons there just may not be enough opportunity for them to get that many yards.
Moss....................... Yes
I don't think they will, but that doesn't mean we won't be a good offense.

I could see something like this

Davis & Crabtree: 900 yards each
Manningham: 750 yards
Moss: 600 yards

We just are going to be a balanced offense and won't throw it around like the top passing teams do so the numbers wont be through the roof.

yup as long as he is the QB no WR will excel.

that means NO