LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 363 users in the forums

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Chris Owusu Make the Team in 2012?

Originally posted by Sims84:
LOL @ anyone thinking Moss will not make the team. He adds GREAT hands, GREAT speed, GREAT leaping ability, GREAT teammate, and something we haven't seen in years, a HUGE redzone target. He will be on the team, period.

Couldn't agree more! I keep reading posts saying Moss didn't play well at Tennessee. He wasn't on the field. They never put Moss and Britt on the field at the same time and I don' t understand it. My brother is huge Titans fans so I watched every Titan game that season and he never got any opportunities there other than to run a few decoy routes. Not to mention he seems to be motivated to end his career on a better note than before. If he's balling this year the rest of the west will be

As for Owusu I really hope he makes the team. He's got skills. If he can get healthy he's an excellent WR prospect. Love his double move, and cuts in the open field. He looks faster in game than Jenkins IMO who looks pretty darn fast.
Originally posted by Nuns:
It's pretty Brilliant. There are 80 some odd possible threads from this one. Will Damarcus Dobbs make the team? And on down the line.

Noob,

this had context, videos, etc. Former Harbaugh player that would have been a Day 2 pick without the concussions, etc.

Are you proposing a massive, unwielding, 80,000 page "training camp thread"?
  • dj43
LOL @ anyone thinking Moss will not make the team. He adds GREAT hands, GREAT speed, GREAT leaping ability, GREAT teammate, and something we haven't seen in years, a HUGE redzone target. He will be on the team, period.

I judge Moss on his final games with NE. He clearly had lost a step or two. He also was no longer getting up as high as he once did. All understandable given his age. Still, if his attitude has changed, he could win a spot and put up some decent numbers on pure experience alone. I say that despite the fact he was never known for running good patterns. His strength was his superior athleticism, not his polished skills. Consequently, he will have to show Harbaugh a rather different player than he has been the last three years (one inactive) for Harbaugh to cut a younger player to save a spot for a guy who may have only a year or two remaining. IF, he becomes that different player, I could see him putting up 600 yards or so but I do not look for him to be the #1 receiver. He should be able to beat out Manningham for #2 but if he is only the #3 guy, I look for him to be cut and the reps go to Jenkins.
Originally posted by dj43:
I judge Moss on his final games with NE. He clearly had lost a step or two. He also was no longer getting up as high as he once did. All understandable given his age. Still, if his attitude has changed, he could win a spot and put up some decent numbers on pure experience alone. I say that despite the fact he was never known for running good patterns. His strength was his superior athleticism, not his polished skills. Consequently, he will have to show Harbaugh a rather different player than he has been the last three years (one inactive) for Harbaugh to cut a younger player to save a spot for a guy who may have only a year or two remaining. IF, he becomes that different player, I could see him putting up 600 yards or so but I do not look for him to be the #1 receiver. He should be able to beat out Manningham for #2 but if he is only the #3 guy, I look for him to be cut and the reps go to Jenkins.

35 - 45 catches, 500 - 600 yards. 4 TDs.

Part-time Flanker
  • dj43
Originally posted by nickbradley:

35 - 45 catches, 500 - 600 yards. 4 TDs.

Part-time Flanker

The question is; how will he handle the role of being the #3 receiver on the team?
The question is; how will he handle the role of being the #3 receiver on the team?

He won't be the #3. Predictions:

Crabtree, 80 catches, 1,050 yards, 6 TDs
Moss, 38 catches, 575 yards, 4TDs
Manningham, 45 catches, 525 yards, 3 TDs
Jenkins, 25 catches, 400 yds, 2 TDs
Williams, 20 catches, 200 yds, 1 TD
Ginn, 10 catches, 150 yards
VD, 60 catches, 600 yards, 7 TDs
Walker, 20 catches, 175 yards, 1 TD

I could see Manningham getting a lot more touches than that. Hes getting at least 700 yards this year. and if he dosent, VD surely will.

alex is going to pass for over 4k yards?

assuming all of our RBs combined get over 25 yard receiving

Fixed
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
It's pretty Brilliant. There are 80 some odd possible threads from this one. Will Damarcus Dobbs make the team? And on down the line.

Noob,

this had context, videos, etc. Former Harbaugh player that would have been a Day 2 pick without the concussions, etc.

Are you proposing a massive, unwielding, 80,000 page "training camp thread"?

My sign up date is actually a month before yours, I just don't spend all day starting new threads.

• fryet
  • Veteran

I agree with this. We aren't getting the Moss that broke Jerry Rice's TD record. We are getting an aging vet at the end of his career. Maybe he has enough juice in his legs for another year, maybe he doesn't. For an aging vet, they need to show that they are clearly better than their replacement. A tie will go to the younger man who could get better with more reps. Brandon Jacobs is in the same boat, although he is probably less on the bubble.
My sign up date is actually a month before yours, I just don't spend all day starting new threads.

Apparently not commenting either...

The curse of #81. Not good for a concussion historied player
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Well if we can judge after today I'd say he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.
Originally posted by susweel:
Well if we can judge after today I'd say he's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

but Jerry Rice sucked his first year
Share 49ersWebzone