There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

• cools
  • Veteran
I think Moss and Manningham will share split end duties, Keeping Moss fresh for red zone, 3rd and long situations
So I chose Manningham and Crabtree

Crabs should start at flanker, where he should have always been, He did very well in the handfull of games he played there last year

Ginn will be active for game days as the PR/KR, and maybe get an end reverse here and there

Jenkins will be the 4th WR, getting a few grabs a week

Williams may find himself inactive a lot
MOSS WILL BE #1

Why the hell do people doubt this. Not a single receiver on this roster is better than him right now.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jenkins will be starting. Harbaalke didn't select him in R1 for him to sit.
Jenkins and Crabtree. Moss on short yardage and red zone downs.

So Moss on short yardage when he is best at the deep routs?

FB dive to Moss.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
MOSS WILL BE #1

Why the hell do people doubt this. Not a single receiver on this roster is better than him right now.

People doubt because he sucked (really bad) in 2010 and was sitting on the couch in 2011. He's 35. He's been known to give up. And the only productive seasons he has had since 2005 have been with Tom Brady throwing to him.

I am not aware of any player over 30 that has ever come back to form after 2 years of either not playing or playing terrible. He has a name and was once one of the best WRs in the NFL. That is the only reason to be excited about him.

I really hope he does well. But I'm not counting on it. And neither should anybody else.
Moss & Manningham and Crabtree/Jenkins tearing up the slot (underneath routes)
who cares..just want to win
MOSS WILL BE #1

if we get good Randy then yes....if we get bad Randy
Originally posted by boo684:
jenkins and owusu

Speed speed and more speed!!!!
Originally posted by pd24:
So Moss on short yardage when he is best at the deep routs?

I should have written that Moss would be in on third downs and red zone plays.
Starters:
1. Crabtree - Coming off his best season now healthy entering his first off season in his 4th year.
2. Moss - Will start and will open things up offensively for others and can still stretch the field.
Backups:
3. Manningham - Will get A LOT of playing time, will spare moss and can start baring injuries to Crabs or Moss.
4. AJ Jenkins - Might have the biggest hands on the team, decent size at almost 6'1, my guess he will shine in pre season.
BUBBLE:
5. Kyle Williams - Having Kyle as a 5th is a luxury. He did a solid job feeling in last season, if he's cut, another team will have a solid #2 or #3 because of his reliable hands, above average speed, and return ability.
6. Ted Ginn JR - Also another luxury having Ginn as the last receiver on the depth chart, will be fighting for a roster spot as a return man.
7. Chris Owusu - Stanford guys, has an uphill battle to climb, can maybe be PS at least.
[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on May 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM ]
crab and mario will start, jenkins will play the slot alot but can play outside sumtimes, i think moss will sub for mario mostly and ginn would be our 5th and can sub in if needed.i see us just keeping the 5..maybe lamichael james can play sum slot too
Originally posted by cNiner:
How about Moss and AJ ?

AJ needs to develop

Crab and Moss
I don't want manningham starting thats for sure
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Crabtree and Moss. Manningham will be what he has always been a solid #3 WR

We dont have Nicks and Cruz. He will be our #2, at least to start the season.
Originally posted by blm7754:
MOSS WILL BE #1

People doubt because he sucked (really bad) in 2010 and was sitting on the couch in 2011. He's 35. He's been known to give up. And the only productive seasons he has had since 2005 have been with Tom Brady throwing to him.

I am not aware of any player over 30 that has ever come back to form after 2 years of either not playing or playing terrible. He has a name and was once one of the best WRs in the NFL. That is the only reason to be excited about him.

I really hope he does well. But I'm not counting on it. And neither should anybody else.