There are 246 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

Who's gonna be our starting two WRs ?

Why does Crabtree get a guaranteed spot? I think Moss and Manningham could easily beat out Crabtree. I think Jenkins gets play time if there is an injury.

I am more curious about what will happen with our 5 running backs?
[ Edited by BayArea on May 1, 2012 at 12:34 PM ]
jenkins and owusu
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Why even bother putting Hasting and Swain?

affirmative action

Because it is a BS poll, that forces you to either be completely ridiculous, or to concede that Crabtree is out best WR!
I'm really surprised at how optimistic everybody is about Moss. I think you guys are kind of being homers here As the first WR added this offseason, Moss has always been an insurance policy... a backup plan. If we couldn't land the right FA and draft the right guy, the staff felt Moss had enough left to be a serviceable starter. However, with the additions of Manningham and Jenkins... Moss is expendable. It all depends on training camp and the preseason. If Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins look solid then Moss will get cut. We won't keep him for depth. We won't cut a promising youngster like Williams or even Owusu so that Moss can sit on the bench and take limited snaps as a 4th WR for a year. Its all or nothing with him.

I think most likely it will be Crabtree and Manningham as starters with Jenkins playing the slot when we go with 3 WRs.
Everyone on the wz seems to think Moss is going to be a big flop. Not I. I think Harbaugh believes Moss is going to be back in top form, and I trust JH. Apparently, Moss had some personal problems in 2010, which mainly contributed to his poor performance that year. I think you will see the Moss of 2009 but even better, with JH's coaching.

However, who starts is essentially irrelevant. The only time the "starters" matter is on the first offensive play of the game. JH will add and subtract players, like he always does. JH is a strategist; he is a thinking coach. He will not get into a pattern of which players to play - he will vary his approach, thus keeping opponents off balance.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jenkins will be starting. Harbaalke didn't select him in R1 for him to sit.
Jenkins and Crabtree. Moss on short yardage and red zone downs.

So Moss on short yardage when he is best at the deep routs?
Ummm... Jenkins & James
Moss & Manning
A. J. & Manningham

Originally posted by BayArea:
Why does Crabtree get a guaranteed spot? I think Moss and Manningham could easily beat out Crabtree. I think Jenkins gets play time if there is an injury.

You don't draft a guy in the 1st round to only play him if there's an injury or unless he's a QB. You don't put your 1st rounder 3rd or 4th on the depth chart unless he's a bust.
Originally posted by susweel:

affirmative action

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
A. J. & Manningham

Originally posted by BayArea:

You don't draft a guy in the 1st round to only play him if there's an injury or unless he's a QB. You don't put your 1st rounder 3rd or 4th on the depth chart unless he's a bust.

Oh! so Did Aldon start over Haralson last year or replace him in the situations that best fit Smith? And where was he drafted again?
Jacobs and Looney
Hastings and Swain!
Originally posted by krizay:
Oh! so Did Aldon start over Haralson last year or replace him in the situations that best fit Smith? And where was he drafted again?

This. AJ was two picks away from being a second round pick. It is not like he was a top 10 pick that will be expected to be starting from day one. He will be a slot guy at best this year barring major injuries.