There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 Footbal School Pics

ALL QB's point the football back when they enter that awkward transition to throw. The difference I SEE in Kaep's is his left arm his stretched out so wide, he's like spreading out his arms and needs to tighten up, or close up his release a bit.



his left arm is almost FULLY extended














While other QB's, like Rodgers, in fact most QB's, have the opposite arm bent, pulled in so to speak.







idk if that has anything to do with how fast you throw, but, it just seems if he were to pull in his opposite arm a little quicker or not extend it as far that might help the speed of his momentum when throwing darts.
you guys are waaayyy over analyzing his throwing motion, his release is really quick. been over this a jillion times
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:


Look at coach. That is a nice three step drop.

How in the world can you possibly know that's a 3 step drop? video? maybe?

looks like a 5 to me... unless he started at the 48yd line


Seems like a seven to me. He was moving so fast he had to lean forward to stop his motion and you just can't get up to speed in a three or five. Plus you can see his weight is on his back leg (in the other picture) which means he is having to plant his foot hard to stop his backward progression. But I also cheated...used my super vision to see the blades of grass that were bent...seven steps, definately!


[ Edited by dtg_9er on May 4, 2012 at 6:03 AM ]
I can't even look at Kyle Williams without my lip curling. I know I need to let it go but I don't think I will ever be able to.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,766
Alex's throwing motion is perfect. No wonder he consistently throws for 4k yards and 30+TD a season, and regularly makes the Pro Bowl, and has made the Playoffs each of his 7 seasons.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,124
Originally posted by Amir:
Alex's throwing motion is perfect. No wonder he consistently throws for 4k yards and 30+TD a season, and regularly makes the Pro Bowl, and has made the Playoffs each of his 7 seasons.


Its not perfect, but it doesn't look like Kaepernicks.
Originally posted by iknoejohnyork:

Championship!
Funny how the football always gravitate towards his knee...
Originally posted by iknoejohnyork:

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
That boy's delivery is ugly. I guess JH was right when he said he wasn't gonna have him change it.



Hate how he points the front of the ball behind him!!!!! Hate it!


Fixing that alone will shorten his windup.



How did I miss this?! Joe, this is why you can't be taken seriously, Every QB points the ball behind him when they throw. Its part of throwing.







There's just something strange about Kaep's. It could be that it is way above his ear and the ball is still in the backward point. Or that his throwing arm angle is greater than 90 degrees where all those other QB's have it 90 or less which makes it more compact.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,124
Originally posted by Joecool:
There's just something strange about Kaep's. It could be that it is way above his ear and the ball is still in the backward point. Or that his throwing arm angle is greater than 90 degrees where all those other QB's have it 90 or less which makes it more compact.


Or maybe it could be that hes trying to pitch the ball rather than passing it.













































































































http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/49ers-Football-School-Week-1/2259572f-3332-4cf5-b320-8cbe791842c2#start
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Who #57? Wilhoite? Like the beard.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by defenderDX:



idk if that has anything to do with how fast you throw, but, it just seems if he were to pull in his opposite arm a little quicker or not extend it as far that might help the speed of his momentum when throwing darts.

I think this is a good idea more for avoiding injury to that hand. Gonna get it jammed on helmets or caught in a facemask.