There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2012 Footbal School Pics

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
http://bcove.me/7b2yx9il

Thanks for sharing. Does anyone know who 35 is that caught the pass behind him? Only 35 I found is Legree and it certainly isn't him.

And who is #9? He's tall and athletic.

Thanks for the video! Brian Tyms #9. 6'3" 210 from Florida A&M
http://bcove.me/7b2yx9il

I'm really excited to see our coaching staff prepare our WR to catch passes from Alex Smith (High and behind).... (38 to 50 mark)
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Anthony Davis has much better leverage in this picture. Boone needs to get his a** down more. It will be tough for him to be really effective unless he's completely vigilant about that. I know from experience. I'm 6'6", I can get that low, but it's work and you have to continually think about being in that crouched position.

I know its just one still shot, but Boone looks like he's ready to get blown off the line. He just doesn't look like a guard.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I know its just one still shot, but Boone looks like he's ready to get blown off the line. He just doesn't look like a guard.

His height is definitely a major disadvantage.

Check out this vid: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_20622415/video-san-francisco-49ers-may-14-workout

At 1:10 - 1:30, you can hear coach Solari tell Boone repeatedly "You gotta get lower Alex, gotta be a knee bender".

Its a tough transition. I'd love for Boone to be versatile enough to play Guard, but to me his best position is clearly tackle. His focus should remain there.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Check out this vid: http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_20622415/video-san-francisco-49ers-may-14-workout

At 1:10 - 1:30, you can hear coach Solari tell Boone repeatedly "You gotta get lower Alex, gotta be a knee bender".

Its a tough transition. I'd love for Boone to be versatile enough to play Guard, but to me his best position is clearly tackle. His focus should remain there.

Yeah big killer to make that transition. I think he can do it though. We are still way early into this. He still can do it.. We will see.
May 15th
http://bcove.me/dghg1fbb
Originally posted by BayArea:

Yeah big killer to make that transition. I think he can do it though. We are still way early into this. He still can do it.. We will see.

Harbaugh thinks otherwise. Matt M. brought his height up as a possible issue but Harbaugh said that he gets really low on his knee bend and makes himself shorter...

Really guys, he only needs to make himself an inch or two shorter. We act as if there's a huge difference between 6'7" and 6'8". You ever played against a guy who's an inch taller than you? Hell, even a couple of inches doesn't make a difference.

Anthony Davis has much better leverage in this picture. Boone needs to get his a** down more. It will be tough for him to be really effective unless he's completely vigilant about that. I know from experience. I'm 6'6", I can get that low, but it's work and you have to continually think about being in that crouched position.

Agreed, he's an ideal T though! Alex will be beaming him in the back of the head every time esp. when he gets pushed backwards.

We need to reverse these two (Davis/Boone)!
[ Edited by NCommand on May 16, 2012 at 10:26 AM ]

Yeah, to get down lower as a RG, he is going to have to spread out his legs more which could cause all sorts of issues on Iupati pulling or Gore/Hunter/James running inside (guys tripping over his wide stance) and if he gets moved back and pushed upwards, Alex will have to avoid the wider stance and his height to throw around. Its possible but truly, he is much more built to be a T and swinging guys out wide, away from Alex and standing up DE's for runs off tackle, IMHO.

Yeah, you can see, he is even in a stance similar to Davis (Tackle-stance) who is protecting the inside to swing a DE outside (creating a pocket). In this pick, even a decent DT will blow right by Boone on the INSIDE and be in Alex's face in under 3 seconds.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah, you can see, he is even in a stance similar to Davis (Tackle-stance) who is protecting the inside to swing a DE outside (creating a pocket). In this pick, even a decent DT will blow right by Boone on the INSIDE and be in Alex's face in under 3 seconds.

Need to see his other (left) leg first.