LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

2012 Footbal School Pics

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/photo-gallery/49ers-Football-School-Week-1/2259572f-3332-4cf5-b320-8cbe791842c2#start

page trap successfully evaded
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by susweel:
That boy's delivery is ugly. I guess JH was right when he said he wasn't gonna have him change it.

Hate how he points the front of the ball behind him!!!!! Hate it!

Fixing that alone will shorten his windup.

How did I miss this?! Joe, this is why you can't be taken seriously, Every QB points the ball behind him when they throw. Its part of throwing.

There's just something strange about Kaep's. It could be that it is way above his ear and the ball is still in the backward point. Or that his throwing arm angle is greater than 90 degrees where all those other QB's have it 90 or less which makes it more compact.

I'm gonna have to agree with Joe on this one. Not the whole pointing the ball back thing, because yes, every QB does that. The difference is those other QB's maintain a hand position that is "on top" of the ball. Their wrist is more cocked and the control over the football is greater. Kaep's elbow is also behind his elbow, which is another QB no-no. His position in this pic is similar to a pitcher, where the hand and wrist are more free, and under the ball, with the hand following the elbow. The difference is, a pitcher is trying to create as much movement as possible. A QB is trying to do the opposite.

Now I'm not saying he can never be a good QB like this, but it will be very difficult for him to consistently throw the same type of "ball" and get any sort of chemistry with his receivers.

If we reduce the wrist's ability to "change" position, we make it more efficient on the throw. How is this done? The adjustment is simple. Hold the ball at the pre-pass pass position and cock the bottom end of the ball outward at a 45 degree angle off the body (see the image below), making sure that the point away from you doesn't go above parallel to the ground. This "cocking of the wrist" reduces joint movement, presets wrist pronation, increases the ball's spin rate when thrown, and increases ball control with the fingers.

The second aspect we'll look at is the elbow. This is the joint that can cause the most problems for the throwing motion. The elbow must "lead" the throw. Most coaching suggests that if the elbow is simply above the shoulder — or "comes over the top" — as it comes forward in the motion, then it is sufficient. Yet in their effort to keep it simple coaches are missing a significant opportunity. We throw with muscles, not joints.

http://smartfootball.com/uncategorized/improving-a-quarterbacks-throwing-motion
Dat arm.
Photoshop s**t coming out of staley's ass

Originally posted by Whomeam:
Dat arm.

Alex looks like he's in great shape. He's friggin ripped.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Dat arm.

Alex looks like he's in great shape. He's friggin ripped.

just like last year, he's motivated, showing up physically built like this for the 2nd year in a row is great.
Great pics! Love seeing these guys out there hitting it hard already! So ready for football!

Why is Tolzien standing with his toes pointing inward like that... genetic defect or something? ... WTF! It's no wonder he's freak'n slow...
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Why is Tolzien standing with his toes pointing inward like that... genetic defect or something? ... WTF! It's no wonder he's freak'n slow...

just look at his body language as whole, kind of looks like he is clenching his a**cheeks and pushing down with his arms lol.

There are many fast pigeon toed runners, but few (if any) outer-toed or duck toed people are fast. Odd fact. My father ran track and gave me that tidbit. I think Tolzien is messing around!

you can make all the crabtree photos a "hater gona hate"
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

ROFL
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
The Joe Show has jumped the shark
Share 49ersWebzone