There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you see us carrying 4 RB's on the roster ?

Originally posted by lamontb:
I think Cartwright makes it over dixon he's a better special teams player and he can return kicks as well if need be. Just as effective out of the backfield.

if all goes well nobody outside of Gore-Hunter-James-Miller will touch the ball
I think we will go with Gore, Hunter, James, and....wait for it......Dixon.

I know some just remember his dancing from a couple of years ago, and some want to bash him for that failed 3rd down attempt. But from what he showed in preseason last season (cut back on the dancing)..I think he will be kept around over Jacobs.

last preseason, he was play quite well...it was just that Hunter was playing amazing and earned the starting spot. He seems to have been working hard in the offseason with Kaep...and I wonder if he trimmed down a bit, after putting on weight for the team to play fullback last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DVDA:
If you are going to claim something you need to have proof of it. Otherwise the webzone becomes a place where Rock Cartwright is a Mike Alstott/Blake Costanzo hybrid even though he may never have played fullback in his career.

And yes, you were taken to the woodshed last night.
my backside still stings
I think Dixon is gone for sure and Cartwright gets cut. I can't see them cutting jacobs for some reason and cartwrights only value is st. Plus I can't see them carrying six backs total.
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Jacobs has been a touchdown machine every he has been in the league. I see them cutting Cartwright long before Jacobs

Touchdown machine solely because he has been the goal line back for the Giants. Ask any Giants fan and he'll tell you that he's never been a particularly good short yardage or goal line back, though. He's definitely a more talented RB than Cartwright, but doesn't provide ST value or value as a backup FB (he has always been big, but soft).
I can see us keeping 4 RB's as long as James and Hunter develop into good options @ KR/PR and are willing to play that Hybrid style game like Darren Sproles to give us for flexibility on offence.
i'd rather have a solid ST contrubutor as my 3rd/4th RB instead of a goal line back.
I think Dixon is gone.

Interesting enough, I think Jacobs spot depends on people who are not RB's.

The Niners either carry one less OL than expected, or cut a DB (colin jones?) that isn't expected if Jacobs makes the team.

Culliver can also play safety. They may make a cut in the S position, knowing they can use him there in a pinch since they have Cox now.(Robinson makes the team)

If Owusu looks good and isn't on the PS, they will carry 6 WR as well. (Crabs, Mario, Moss, Jenkins, Ginn, Owusu)

RB's likely Gore, Hunter, James, Miller, Cartwright... with Jacobs if they cut the OL and DB position or place Owusu on the PS.

If they opt to keep someone extra at OL or DB, Jacobs or Owusu is out.

I think Haralson is out. Flemming and Johnson make the team.
Originally posted by NY9ERS:
I think Dixon is gone.

Interesting enough, I think Jacobs spot depends on people who are not RB's.

The Niners either carry one less OL than expected, or cut a DB (colin jones?) that isn't expected if Jacobs makes the team.

Culliver can also play safety. They may make a cut in the S position, knowing they can use him there in a pinch since they have Cox now.(Robinson makes the team)

If Owusu looks good and isn't on the PS, they will carry 6 WR as well. (Crabs, Mario, Moss, Jenkins, Ginn, Owusu)

RB's likely Gore, Hunter, James, Miller, Cartwright... with Jacobs if they cut the OL and DB position or place Owusu on the PS.

If they opt to keep someone extra at OL or DB, Jacobs or Owusu is out.

I think Haralson is out. Flemming and Johnson make the team.

Kyle Williams will make the team Ahead of Owusu.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Kyle Williams will make the team Ahead of Owusu.

I don't know about that. Jenkins and James both can fill William's role easily. Owusu may make the team based on bringing something different to the table.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i'd rather have a solid ST contrubutor as my 3rd/4th RB instead of a goal line back.

This.....

Jacobs and his big mouth can kick rocks. We have too much talent in the backfield to waste a space on Jacobs. Gore/Miller/James would do just fine on the goal line....

P.S. Is Norris officially gone?
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on May 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
This.....

Jacobs and his big mouth can kick rocks.

Cartwright is a lock IMO. The dude can contribute in so many ways. Fun to watch as well. He will end up a fan favorite.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
we will go with 6 total RBs

Gore, James. Hunter, Jacobs, Miller, Cartwright

This
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

This.....

Jacobs and his big mouth can kick rocks. We have too much talent in the backfield to waste a space on Jacobs. Gore/Miller/James would do just fine on the goal line....

P.S. Is Norris officially gone?

yes
Dixon yo mouff. Yep, #24 won't make the final cut.