LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 404 users in the forums

2012 National Draft Grade Roundup (Updated: with links)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post here the grades that various national media outlets get the 49ers 2012 draft (with links):

Fox Sports: C+
Matt Miller (Bleacher Report): C+
Michael Lombardi (NFL Network): B
Mel Kiper: C+
Rob Rang (CBSSports): C
SI.com: D
Jason Cole (YahooSports): B+
SB Nation: C
The Sporting News: B
FFToolBox: F

P.S. - I know it is WAY too early to grade drafts, but it is fun to see what others think about it at this stage.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Apr 30, 2012 at 5:37 AM ]
I think we also got "C"s last year and ended up having a 14 sack rookie!!!!

Hate draft grades Bc they are based on what that person wanted you to pick.

Go Niners!!
Would be cool to make a list and pin the thread so in 3 or 4 years we can look back and poke fun at the grades.
Does anyone have Insider on ESPN? Kiper has his grades up, but I can't see them.
I get that they say that, but I actually think Baalke made a good football a lot more deadly. B for me based, could easily move up depending on how much AJ sees the field.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Does anyone have Insider on ESPN? Kiper has his grades up, but I can't see them.

Kiper gave us a C+.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I get that they say that, but I actually think Baalke made a good football a lot more deadly. B for me based, could easily move up depending on how much AJ sees the field.

i gotta give them a b- i think we should have gotten a gaurd a little earlier but as you said could very easily get better depending on how AJ turns out and how much we can utilize lamichael james
I would say b- or c+, which could easily change if James and Jenkins do very well.

If you find a few gems in the later rounds and get a stud out of rounds 1 and 2, that is a good draft!
The picks made sense and they didn't appear to do anything unreasonable, so I'd call it a fine draft.

Nothing left to do but wait to see how the odds play out and watch the hot air dissipate.
I kind of like that we got lower grades because we got guys under the radar like Jenkins (kiper had at 37) and undersized like Lamichael James but can produce. Looney wasn't as high but he was hurt.

Anyway, as I said before I will say again, Baalke knows what he's doing and he addressed our needs without reaching too much plus he set us up for next years draft with a 3rd, 5th, 6th (and 7th for Mays) for next year by trading back twice, so I'm totally cool with it. Plus our team got faster.

C+ B- is fair at this point
The further you stray for the "expert" mock...the lower your grade! It's all BS if the experts knew one freaking thing about player, the draft, and the current NFL game...they would all be top GM's not talking heads. I don't look to these fools for anything other than entertainment.
F+
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
F+
agree,, when are we every going to learn that it is way better to lose games on purpose in order to be able to draft higher.i miss those days
WAY too early.

On the surface a C, but if you really know our team [most of the "experts" don't] we did pretty good.

Definitely got faster. Added more offense. Possibly a gem in Looney.

Added depth at OLB.
Share 49ersWebzone