LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

49ers UDFA signings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kevin Murphy, OT, Harvard to Niners
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I know some of you are Cal fans. Is Georgio Tavecchio simply a camp leg, or has he shown anything to be a possible future heir to Akers' job?

kickers don't have heirs, they have replacements. Akers isn't going anywhere, camp leg
I know some of you are Cal fans. Is Georgio Tavecchio simply a camp leg, or has he shown anything to be a possible future heir to Akers' job?

man, he was such a huge headache up until last season when he really became a solid kicker for Cal, I'd say he got better every season and capped it with a 20/23 season (long of 54)

he did however struggle a bit with PAT's for some reason
mad cali boys
Originally posted by KID9R:

kickers don't have heirs, they have replacements. Akers isn't going anywhere, camp leg

I meant a guy that could work on the PS until Akers retires in a year or 2.

Sounds like he's unlikely to become an active kicker though.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by KID9R:

I meant a guy that could work on the PS until Akers retires in a year or 2.

Sounds like he's unlikely to become an active kicker though.

Kickers aren't kept on practice squad.
I don't watch a lot of college football, so does anyone know why Owusu statistically declined every year? That sort of jumped out at me. Nevermind. It looks like the '09 season is the only one where he played a full season.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 28, 2012 at 8:51 PM ]
My hope is that unlike Hastings, Palmer actually shows the speed/strength/agility his workouts would indicate. Hastings looked like a fish out of water in the limited playing time he got last year and showed why he was on the PS. Frankly, I felt he looked so helpless out there that they should have replaced him. I assume our injury situation had something to do with keeping him on just in case but we need better "call-up" receivers than him.

Will be interesting to see how Owusu does. Think he has an outside shot to make the team.

Moss / Crabtree / Manningham / Ginn / Jenkins / Williams / Owusu is probably the initial depth chart until TC and pre-season.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
good list I see a couple of those Stanford guys actually making the team.

f**k NO

Originally posted by ads_2006:

f**k NO

Was looking for highlights of Owusu and came across this. Guess it's why he went undrafted.

• ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Redeemer:
Was looking for highlights of Owusu and came across this. Guess it's why he went undrafted.

Pretty sure most of those would result in a flag or even fines in the NFL.. a couple of those were helmet to helmet
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Quality pick up to compete for KR and PR as well as special teams and the obvious Stanford connection.
lol
Share 49ersWebzone